Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Dak Prescott

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I would rather do that than be mediocre. And cutting Zeke by himself is not going to be enough to fit everyone under the cap. They will have to make other cuts too and allow other players to walk if Dak is taking that big a chunk out of the cap. With that contract on the books they wonít be able to afford to pay everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I myself will agree to disagree with you. Like Bob Sturm said on the Ticket here in Dallas and in The Athletic - "you either think Dak is a good QB like Wentz/Goff etc or you are wrong" I am getting tired of arguing Dak's merits relative to others. I think starting over is a longshot proposition at best. I dont buy that they are just mediocre now that they have finally jettisoned the dead weight known as Jason Garrett whom has single handedly lost the Cowboys a few games a year.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    I myself will agree to disagree with you. Like Bob Sturm said on the Ticket here in Dallas and in The Athletic - "you either think Dak is a good QB like Wentz/Goff etc or you are wrong" I am getting tired of arguing Dak's merits relative to others. I think starting over is a longshot proposition at best. I dont buy that they are just mediocre now that they have finally jettisoned the dead weight known as Jason Garrett whom has single handedly lost the Cowboys a few games a year.
    Heís a good qb.

Heís not worth what he wants. Dallas would be a better team rolling with dalton and using those resources elsewhere.

I mean, literally any QB would get them to the 8-8 promise land.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Heís a good qb.

Heís not worth what he wants. Dallas would be a better team rolling with dalton and using those resources elsewhere.

I mean, literally any QB would get them to the 8-8 promise land.
    I don't get why others can't understand your point. It's as obvious as can be. Dak hasn't shown he's worth $30 mil or more a year. He's had a great o line and top 5 rb every year. Learn from other franchises mistakes and don't pay an average/good qb elite qb $.

"you either think Dak is a good QB like Wentz/Goff etc or you are wrong"
    Oh, Dak absolutely is better than Goff. But Wentz only falls into that group due to injuries. (Which I'm not denying and they are a real concern. But he would have won MVP in 2017.)

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Learn from other franchises mistakes and don't pay an average/good qb elite qb $.
    You would think Jerry Jones wouldn't make that mistake because unlike every other GM in the league he can't be fired by the owner. But here we are and the only reason Dak isn't signed to "slightly below elite money" is because he demands elite money. The Chiefs would happily pay Mahomes $40M/year in a standard-structure contract right now but if he puts in another MVP-like season, he could ask for more than that both in salary and contract structure.

Again, no one is debating if Dak is good or not. Heís easily a top 10 QB. The debate is, is he worth destroying your cap and being mediocre (continuing to be mediocre) for the next 5 years? I say no, others like you say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    I don't get why others can't understand your point. It's as obvious as can be. Dak hasn't shown he's worth $30 mil or more a year. He's had a great o line and top 5 rb every year. Learn from other franchises mistakes and don't pay an average/good qb elite qb $.
    Latest report is he wants north of $40M per season.

Dak Prescott

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Again, no one is debating if Dak is good or not. Heís easily a top 10 QB. The debate is, is he worth destroying your cap and being mediocre (continuing to be mediocre) for the next 5 years? I say no, others like you say yes.

Right. Heís a good QB but the question is: Is he good enough to be given 40mill per year when you can take that 40mill per year and probably go out and get an elite defensive end and an elite cornerback and sign Andy dalton (not to mention also getting at least one 1st round pick for dak, probably two).

Iíve said this before but personally, as a fan that hates dallas, I prefer them giving dak all that money, Iíd be more nervous if they used that money on elite defensive players and also retained dalton.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Right. Heís a good QB but the question is: Is he good enough to be given 40mill per year when you can take that 40mill per year and probably go out and get an elite defensive end and an elite cornerback and sign Andy dalton (not to mention also getting at least one 1st round pick for dak, probably two).

Iíve said this before but personally, as a fan that hates dallas, I prefer them giving dak all that money, Iíd be more nervous if they used that money on elite defensive players and also retained dalton.
    The thing with Dak is he has great timing on his side as plus the advantage of lesser players making 30 plus as well as being around that 100 million garuntee . Heís looking at Goff and Cousins and Jimmy G and saying no to that .

If he doesnít sign by July 15 Dallas will make a play for Trevor Lawrence . The team is young enough to make that move and good enough to compete for a year with Dalton . They have also hit on enough draft picks to tase up to #1

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    The thing with Dak is he has great timing on his side as plus the advantage of lesser players making 30 plus as well as being around that 100 million garuntee . Heís looking at Goff and Cousins and Jimmy G and saying no to that .

If he doesnít sign by July 15 Dallas will make a play for Trevor Lawrence . The team is young enough to make that move and good enough to compete for a year with Dalton . They have also hit on enough draft picks to tase up to #1
    There is a less than 0% chance that Dallas will trade up to the #1 spot to draft TL.

There is a less than 0% chance that Dallas will trade up to the #1 spot to draft TL.
    Yeah I donít see that happening unless they completely tank

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Yeah I donít see that happening unless they completely tank
    Far too talented for that.

Far too talented for that.
    True, it is very unlikely but I never say never. They said the titanic was unsinkable and that ***** was on the bottom of the ocean in under 3 hours

Your baby can't do this

I have to agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post

The offer on the table for him right now would make him the highest paid player in the NFL. The last report was 5 yrs/$175M with $110M guaranteed. It matches Wilsonís over all money and equals Goffís guaranteed money.

Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast