Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Dak Prescott

Oops I didn’t see this convo happening in here. Posted in the NFCE thread. Agreed completely that the reported price of a first and third for Adams is insane with having to resign him to a top of the line safety contract (up to 18M). No way.

I’d say no more than a third given that.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Does Dallas have two 1sts next year already or are you assuming the two 1sts they’d get for Dak would be in the same year? Or I guess the 1st given up for Adams could be for a different year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seems like they’d have two 2021 firsts and then then 2022 firsts given the Dak deal proposed by Mr. B. Trading a 2021 first for Adams would mean they’d still have one 2021 first and two 2022 firsts. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Seems like they’d have two 2021 firsts and then then 2022 firsts given the Dak deal proposed by Mr. B. Trading a 2021 first for Adams would mean they’d still have one 2021 first and two 2022 firsts. Right?
    Assuming Dak deal would get them a first in 2021 and a first in 2022, they’d have two 1sts in both 2021 and 2022. Then I’d assume they’d trade a 2021 (I’d think their own) for Adams leaving them with a 1st in 2021 and two 1sts in 2022 like you said.

The way Mr B worded it seemed to me that the Cowboys were going to have three 1sts in 2021 after the Dak deal since he suggested moving up with the “two firsts left” to get a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I saw on Twitter where someone suggested Gallup and a 2nd for Jamal Adams. That also is crazy to me. I mean I like Jamal Adams but I’d rather they keep Gallup and the potential this offense has this year over adding a safety. Keep in mind, as soon as you trade for Adams you have to pay him and he’s wanting a contract in the $15M per season range.

Yeah that’s another thing, normally I wouldn’t trade a young stud WR for a young safety. Dallas is different though because now they have ceedee lamb which he could be even better than Gallup, the potential is definitely there. Because of lamb you’d think Gallup might be a little more expendable since they got cooper locked up long term who is 25 and now lamb long term who is 21. Thing is, nobody is a for sure pick in the draft, even lamb who I really like as a prospect. Gallup is already a stud in the NFL, lamb is still unproven and I’m now holding out hope that he sucks ***

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    on top of this they would get a good bit for dak by trading him.
    Exactly. Throw everything that I think about dak aside for a second, dak would probably get at least a 1st plus a 3rd but I definitely could see him cost two 1sts since worse QBs have cost that much before. So two 1sts for dak then the additional cap space to go out and get studs on defense which is needed, resign dalton to a reasonable 2 year contract, use those 1sts to trade up and go and get your QB like the eagles did for wentz.

I’ve said this before but as an eagles fan I’d be less nervous about seeing dak get a $40mill per year contract over the additional cap space to improve their defense, the extra draft picks to go and get a young stud QB, and Andy dalton as a stop gap QB.

Your baby can't do this

Does Dallas have two 1sts next year already or are you assuming the two 1sts they’d get for Dak would be in the same year? Or I guess the 1st given up for Adams could be for a different year?

They wouldn’t be in the same year. Likely in back to back drafts though. I think the future 1st is what you would trade to the Jets for Adams. That would leave the Cowboys with two 1st in the next draft.

This is obviously not going to happen though. This is not a perfect world and in the end the Jones’ will likely cave and give Dak the 3-4 year deal he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Would be a massive overpay. Jamal Adams is so overrated. Good against the run, decent at covering TE's in the box, exposed in deep zone coverage. Giving that up and paying him that much would be a massive mistake.
    Preaching to the choir. I also think he’s overrated. A lot of Cowboy fans though have a major boner for him simply because he’s from the Dallas area.

Assuming Dak deal would get them a first in 2021 and a first in 2022, they’d have two 1sts in both 2021 and 2022. Then I’d assume they’d trade a 2021 (I’d think their own) for Adams leaving them with a 1st in 2021 and two 1sts in 2022 like you said.

The way Mr B worded it seemed to me that the Cowboys were going to have three 1sts in 2021 after the Dak deal since he suggested moving up with the “two firsts left” to get a QB.

Hahaha! My math was off (had a little bit of the devil’s lettuce when I posted that). Trading Dak for two 1st would leave them with 2 picks in the 1st round in 2021 and 2022.

Hahaha! My math was off (had a little bit of the devil’s lettuce when I posted that). Trading Dak for two 1st would leave them with 2 picks in the 1st round in 2021 and 2022.

I wasn’t even trying to be a dick just wasn’t sure if they had another 1st that I wasn’t aware of lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

They wouldn’t be in the same year. Likely in back to back drafts though. I think the future 1st is what you would trade to the Jets for Adams. That would leave the Cowboys with two 1st in the next draft.

This is obviously not going to happen though. This is not a perfect world and in the end the Jones’ will likely cave and give Dak the 3-4 year deal he wants.

Poor Jerry. We all feel so bad for him

Ya and likely a very high 1st rounder in 23 as they continue to suck without a top 10 QB. Not a good plan

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Ya and likely a very high 1st rounder in 23 as they continue to suck without a top 10 QB. Not a good plan
    Dalton at best is a bus driver. I think by himself he’s capable of leading a team to 8-8. With this team though he has a good OL and potentially the best array of play makers in the NFL. If the defense plays well I think they would be good enough to get them to 10 wins which should get them into the playoffs. Once you’re in the playoffs anything can happen. If you can get 2 years out of Dalton at that level (which is not unreasonable) while you’re grooming his replacement, that’s a much better plan than than spending a huge chunk of your cap on a QB (that is a top 10 QB) that won’t have any weapons in 2-3 years because the team can’t afford it under the cap.

Dalton at best is a bus driver. I think by himself he’s capable of leading a team to 8-8. With this team though he has a good OL and potentially the best array of play makers in the NFL. If the defense plays well I think they would be good enough to get them to 10 wins which should get them into the playoffs. Once you’re in the playoffs anything can happen. If you can get 2 years out of Dalton at that level (which is not unreasonable) while you’re grooming his replacement, that’s a much better plan than than spending a huge chunk of your cap on a QB (that is a top 10 QB) that won’t have any weapons in 2-3 years because the team can’t afford it under the cap.

I dont buy this for a minute. They can have weapons and Dak. Cut Zeke loose in two years and be done with that mistake. Your plan is a hope and a prayer. They could strike out for a decade or more looking for the next guy - see Bears 3rd pick in draft. Dak will be a done deal and I am glad.

whats insane is... imagine if they traded Dak and then traded for brady.... they would have brady and a haul for dak... i dont think tom is gonna do much but he would be terrific in that cowboys offense.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    I dont buy this for a minute. They can have weapons and Dak. Cut Zeke loose in two years and be done with that mistake. Your plan is a hope and a prayer. They could strike out for a decade or more looking for the next guy - see Bears 3rd pick in draft. Dak will be a done deal and I am glad.
    I would rather do that than be mediocre. And cutting Zeke by himself is not going to be enough to fit everyone under the cap. They will have to make other cuts too and allow other players to walk if Dak is taking that big a chunk out of the cap. With that contract on the books they won’t be able to afford to pay everyone.

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast