Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast

Thread: Dak Prescott

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    And I'm sure there is number that Dak would have agreed to. By not agreeing to Dak's terms it likely costs them more in the long run. That's a failure in Jerry's part.
    Jerry doesnít even do the negotiating.
    What number do you think Dak deserves?

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Jerry doesnít even do the negotiating.
    Based on inflation and Mahomes deal? Assuming the Cowboys are set on wanting Dak to sign for 6 years? I think you have to pay him close to 40 mil aav and guarantee the 1st 3 years of the deal. I think that's probably the middle ground that would have gotten the deal done bc once the guarantee d money is gone you're going to rework the back end of the deal anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    He might have. Either way, this is a collosal failure on Jerry's part to secure his franchise QB long term.
    Youíre assuming thatís how Jerry views him, as the long term answer at QB. I donít think he does. And when I say Jerry I mean all of the Jones family. Theyíve never been in the habit of letting players that they want to keep get away. The coaching change may have a lot to do with that along with Dakís lack of accuracy that tends to show up.

I think Dak will have to have a career year in order for the Jonesí to be convinced heís their guy. I mean he will have to get to at least the NFC Championship Game and will have to in the running for league MVP. Anything short of that and I think they will franchise him and trade him. I donít see him being the long term answer.

And no, the Jets are not going to give us Darnold for Dak. A more likely trade scenario would be a trade to Jacksonville or Chicago. Obviously you shoot for two 1stís but at the end of the day a 1st and a 3rd should be enough to get that trade done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't he playing at an MVP level according to Cowboys fans?

How about paying him at an MVP level?

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post

And what number is that?

And what number is that?
    12 dollas.

They tried. They offered him a contract slightly more than Russell Wilson based on the reports and he turned it down. He wants north of $40M a season.

Heís in a precarious position to be honest. The owners are asking for a $40M decrease in the cap for 2021. What happens to Dak if the Cowboys say **** it and just let him walk after this season? I know he isnít going to sniff $37M (franchise tag) and damn sure isnít going to sniff over $40M a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    They tried. They offered him a contract slightly more than Russell Wilson based on the reports and he turned it down. He wants north of $40M a season.

Heís in a precarious position to be honest. The owners are asking for a $40M decrease in the cap for 2021. What happens to Dak if the Cowboys say **** it and just let him walk after this season? I know he isnít going to sniff $37M (franchise tag) and damn sure isnít going to sniff over $40M a season.
    The owners can't decrease the cap; it's purely based on revenue.

But yeah, there could be a $40M decrease.

What that means is the Cowboys will either have to pay him a huge percentage of the cap with a 2nd tagging, or he'll hit the open market.

And if he simply repeats his 2019 performance he will get more than the Cowboys' last offer on the open market; temporary cap decrease or not. It's easy to structure a long-term contract in a way so it doesn't have a big cap hit in year 1.

Also there's a good chance Dak puts up even better numbers in 2020.

Youíre assuming thatís how Jerry views him, as the long term answer at QB. I donít think he does. And when I say Jerry I mean all of the Jones family. Theyíve never been in the habit of letting players that they want to keep get away. The coaching change may have a lot to do with that along with Dakís lack of accuracy that tends to show up.

I think Dak will have to have a career year in order for the Jonesí to be convinced heís their guy. I mean he will have to get to at least the NFC Championship Game and will have to in the running for league MVP. Anything short of that and I think they will franchise him and trade him. I donít see him being the long term answer.

And no, the Jets are not going to give us Darnold for Dak. A more likely trade scenario would be a trade to Jacksonville or Chicago. Obviously you shoot for two 1stís but at the end of the day a 1st and a 3rd should be enough to get that trade done.

Dak's accuracy has been fine by any metric other than preconceived narrative. He is obviously a top 1/3 of the league QB that is young and about to enter his prime and very well liked in the room and in command on the field. Built like a brick **** house with no hint of being injury prone. Excited to see him under the new more innovative McCarthy scheme. Should be fun with some of the talent they put around him. Jerry and Stephen tried to be too cute or misread the market a year ago when they should have got him done before letting Zeke jump the line. Misjudgment on their part. If you move away from the anti-Dak bias on this board and read the DFW area sports writers, Athletic writers, Spotrac folks etc they all think the front office blew it. They will be paying Dak 38 in year 2 of a Franchise tag. They need to get him done next year. You dont start over at a position that could land you in purgatory for a decade over a few million dollar a year contract differential.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Dak's accuracy has been fine by any metric other than preconceived narrative. He is obviously a top 1/3 of the league QB that is young and about to enter his prime and very well liked in the room and in command on the field. Built like a brick **** house with no hint of being injury prone. Excited to see him under the new more innovative McCarthy scheme. Should be fun with some of the talent they put around him. Jerry and Stephen tried to be too cute or misread the market a year ago when they should have got him done before letting Zeke jump the line. Misjudgment on their part. If you move away from the anti-Dak bias on this board and read the DFW area sports writers, Athletic writers, Spotrac folks etc they all think the front office blew it. They will be paying Dak 38 in year 2 of a Franchise tag. They need to get him done next year. You dont start over at a position that could land you in purgatory for a decade over a few million dollar a year contract differential.
    I agree with everything you said about Dak.
    I want him signed longterm.
    The only thing I disagree with you is that the cowboys never had a chance to sign him longterm. Dak probably knew all along he would wait till after Mahomes signed and the new tv revenues kicked in.
    Iím pretty sure the cowboys offered him a contract that would of made him the highest paid player in the game. ( before Mahomes signed ) IMO this contract didnít get done because of Dak and his agent.

The owners can't decrease the cap; it's purely based on revenue.

But yeah, there could be a $40M decrease.

What that means is the Cowboys will either have to pay him a huge percentage of the cap with a 2nd tagging, or he'll hit the open market.

And if he simply repeats his 2019 performance he will get more than the Cowboys' last offer on the open market; temporary cap decrease or not. It's easy to structure a long-term contract in a way so it doesn't have a big cap hit in year 1.

Also there's a good chance Dak puts up even better numbers in 2020.
    So if the Cowboys let him walk free after this season you think another team would give him over $40M? Even with a $40M decrease in the cap?

I will say this, Dak could be getting a huge shift in leverage in his favor if College Football is cancelled. Drafting a QB is a crap shoot and missing a whole college season would make it an even bigger crap shoot. If college football is cancelled they really may not have any choice but to resign Dak.

I will say this, Dak could be getting a huge shift in leverage in his favor if College Football is cancelled. Drafting a QB is a crap shoot and missing a whole college season would make it an even bigger crap shoot. If college football is cancelled they really may not have any choice but to resign Dak.

Agree with your crapshoot statement 100%. I think at the end of the day an 80 year old Jerry Jones doesn't want to start over at the most important position.

I agree with everything you said about Dak.
    I want him signed longterm.
    The only thing I disagree with you is that the cowboys never had a chance to sign him longterm. Dak probably knew all along he would wait till after Mahomes signed and the new tv revenues kicked in.
    Iím pretty sure the cowboys offered him a contract that would of made him the highest paid player in the game. ( before Mahomes signed ) IMO this contract didnít get done because of Dak and his agent.
    According to "The Athletic" the best offer from the Cowboys was 5 year 34.9/year with 105 guaranteed. This makes it then equivalent to 2 years on the franchise tag plus 1 guaranteed year at 35 (pay cut from year 2 of the tag) plus 2 under market non guaranteed years

According to "The Athletic" the best offer from the Cowboys was 5 year 34.9/year with 105 guaranteed. This makes it then equivalent to 2 years on the franchise tag plus 1 guaranteed year at 35 (pay cut from year 2 of the tag) plus 2 under market non guaranteed years
    What do you think is a fair contract for him?

Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast