Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Dak Prescott

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I still say that if Dak plays under the franchise tag this season (or if he sits out) he will not be a member of the Cowboys in 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regardless of outcome? I say not. If Cowboys make a deep playoff run I dont think they start-over haggling over several million dollar per year difference between the sides.

I still say that if Dak plays under the franchise tag this season (or if he sits out) he will not be a member of the Cowboys in 2021.

I was curious so I looked up Todd France. His agent list is basically a who's who of getting new contracts to stay as top 5 paid at their position. Fair to say he wants to hit FA or break the bank.

That could be a blessing in disguise. Say what you will about my thoughts on dak, I think heís a really good QB, somewhere around top 10ish in the league and I havenít changed my mind about that for a few years now, but I just think the way that Dallas is set up they just donít need a 40mill+ per year QB. They can utilize that money elsewhere like going out and getting an elite level DE for example. Ngokoue is still on the block, if you guys trade for him and extend him 4+ years I will be a hell of a lot more nervous about Dallas than I would if they gave dak a 4-5 year deal at 40mill/year.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    That could be a blessing in disguise. Say what you will about my thoughts on dak, I think heís a really good QB, somewhere around top 10ish in the league and I havenít changed my mind about that for a few years now, but I just think the way that Dallas is set up they just donít need a 40mill+ per year QB. They can utilize that money elsewhere like going out and getting an elite level DE for example. Ngokoue is still on the block, if you guys trade for him and extend him 4+ years I will be a hell of a lot more nervous about Dallas than I would if they gave dak a 4-5 year deal at 40mill/year.
    Respectfully disagree. I think they are set up to excel on offense if and only if they have a top 10 QB which they do by any metric you look at e.g. wins, QBR, completion percentage, Y/A etc. To not pay him means rolling the dice on the next guy. How did they look in 2015 when Tony was hurt.

You could be right. It would open up a huge amount of cap space for them to go after a couple of other players. There are rumors again that the Cowboys are inquiring about a trade for Jamal Adams, although Iím not to interested in giving up what they would have to give up for Adams.

At the end of the day I believe on July 14 (at the last minute) the Jonesí will cave and give Dak the 3-4 year deal that he wants. They will then likely immediate start looking for a replacement to groom.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Respectfully disagree. I think they are set up to excel on offense if and only if they have a top 10 QB which they do by any metric you look at e.g. wins, QBR, completion percentage, Y/A etc. To not pay him means rolling the dice on the next guy. How did they look in 2015 when Tony was hurt.
    Dalton would put up top 10 numbers with the surrounding talent.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    The cowboys are set up on offense for any QB to succeed. Elite O-Line, elite RB, elite WR group, above average TE group, not to mention a very pass friendly coaching staff. I donít know of a more stacked offense tbh... Usually even elite offenses have a hole somewhere, the cowboys donít really have a hole anywhere on offense. And then you talk about a guy under contact in Andy dalton. Is he as good as dak? Maybe, maybe not. But when he had some weapons in Cincinnati they made the playoffs 5 straight years and after year 4, he had the exact same amount of wins as dak has now which is 40 (I know you guys like bragging about Daks wins). And this Dallas offense is more stacked than anything dalton has had so I really donít think itís beyond the realm of possibilities to think that they wouldnít skip a beat if he plays the season instead of dak.

Also In 2015 you guys werenít nearly as stacked as you are now. A cowboy fan in the NFC east thread said that the cowboys have three different #1 WRs. STACKED.. So yeah, I think itís be a better use of money to put dalton in there and go out and get maybe an elite DE and an elite CB for your defense instead of paying roughly the same amount of money to just dak Prescott.

Your baby can't do this

You could be right. It would open up a huge amount of cap space for them to go after a couple of other players. There are rumors again that the Cowboys are inquiring about a trade for Jamal Adams, although Iím not to interested in giving up what they would have to give up for Adams.

At the end of the day I believe on July 14 (at the last minute) the Jonesí will cave and give Dak the 3-4 year deal that he wants. They will then likely immediate start looking for a replacement to groom.

See personally I just donít think safety is a position that you give up a 1st+ for. DE, yes, safety no. But yeah you are probably right, I think the deal will probably get done a day or two before the July 14 deadline

Your baby can't do this

See personally I just donít think safety is a position that you give up a 1st+ for. DE, yes, safety no. But yeah you are probably right, I think the deal will probably get done a day or two before the July 14 deadline
    I agree 100%. Safety is not the position you give up a #1 for. Especially considering they havenít signed their franchise QB yet. Worst case scenario they might need that 1st round pick to try and get a new QB in the next draft. As for DE Iím wondering if they have made any inquiries in to Everson Griffen. Heís a little older but would be a perfect fit opposite Lawrence.

I agree 100%. Safety is not the position you give up a #1 for. Especially considering they havenít signed their franchise QB yet. Worst case scenario they might need that 1st round pick to try and get a new QB in the next draft. As for DE Iím wondering if they have made any inquiries in to Everson Griffen. Heís a little older but would be a perfect fit opposite Lawrence.

I was talking to a cowboy fan the other day and he made a good point. Jerry had way too much fun this year with his 1st round pick to trade a 1st round pick any time soon. I wonder if Jamal Adams happens itíll be for a 2nd/3rd and a player.

Your baby can't do this

The cowboys are set up on offense for any QB to succeed. Elite O-Line, elite RB, elite WR group, above average TE group, not to mention a very pass friendly coaching staff. I donít know of a more stacked offense tbh... Usually even elite offenses have a hole somewhere, the cowboys donít really have a hole anywhere on offense. And then you talk about a guy under contact in Andy dalton. Is he as good as dak? Maybe, maybe not. But when he had some weapons in Cincinnati they made the playoffs 5 straight years and after year 4, he had the exact same amount of wins as dak has now which is 40 (I know you guys like bragging about Daks wins). And this Dallas offense is more stacked than anything dalton has had so I really donít think itís beyond the realm of possibilities to think that they wouldnít skip a beat if he plays the season instead of dak.

Also In 2015 you guys werenít nearly as stacked as you are now. A cowboy fan in the NFC east thread said that the cowboys have three different #1 WRs. STACKED.. So yeah, I think itís be a better use of money to put dalton in there and go out and get maybe an elite DE and an elite CB for your defense instead of paying roughly the same amount of money to just dak Prescott.
    on top of this they would get a good bit for dak by trading him.

I was talking to a cowboy fan the other day and he made a good point. Jerry had way too much fun this year with his 1st round pick to trade a 1st round pick any time soon. I wonder if Jamal Adams happens itíll be for a 2nd/3rd and a player.
    I saw on Twitter where someone suggested Gallup and a 2nd for Jamal Adams. That also is crazy to me. I mean I like Jamal Adams but Iíd rather they keep Gallup and the potential this offense has this year over adding a safety. Keep in mind, as soon as you trade for Adams you have to pay him and heís wanting a contract in the $15M per season range.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    on top of this they would get a good bit for dak by trading him.
    In an ideal world they trade Dak for two 1st round picks. Then use a 1st and a 3rd to trade for Jamal Adams, then go out and sign Everson Griffen. Then in the next draft you use the two 1st round picks you still have to move up and get your QB of the future to learn behind Dalton for a year or two.

In an ideal world they trade Dak for two 1st round picks. Then use a 1st and a 3rd to trade for Jamal Adams, then go out and sign Everson Griffen. Then in the next draft you use the two 1st round picks you still have to move up and get your QB of the future to learn behind Dalton for a year or two.

Does Dallas have two 1sts next year already or are you assuming the two 1sts theyíd get for Dak would be in the same year? Or I guess the 1st given up for Adams could be for a different year?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I saw on Twitter where someone suggested Gallup and a 2nd for Jamal Adams. That also is crazy to me. I mean I like Jamal Adams but Iíd rather they keep Gallup and the potential this offense has this year over adding a safety. Keep in mind, as soon as you trade for Adams you have to pay him and heís wanting a contract in the $15M per season range.

Would be a massive overpay. Jamal Adams is so overrated. Good against the run, decent at covering TE's in the box, exposed in deep zone coverage. Giving that up and paying him that much would be a massive mistake.

Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast