Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I didn't watch a full game but what I caught I thought was pretty good. Anyone know how they did in terms of ratings (did they meet expectations?) and what the over all response was?
    I don't know about ratings yet, but a football analyst I heard being interviewed on the radio really liked the action from Saturday. (The interview was on Sunday morning before the last two games of Week 1.)

I changed my mind about tuning in and watched the TB-NY game. What I don't like is coaches being interviewed while they're trying to coach their teams. What was really embarrassing was when a sideline reporter tried to interview a defensive player for New York who said "I gotta go!" when he was trying to run out to the field. I guess she didn't know which team was about to go on defense.

By the way, the Tampa Bay Vipers need to punch it in for a touchdown when they get the chance. 1st-and-goal from the 4: 3 points. 1st-and-goal from the 2: 0 points. That's how you lose 23-3.
    Last edited by MidwestJimmy; 02-10-2020 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    Wasnt this a failure of a league before?
    Yup back in 01

Vince to Gronk

Ratings for Week 1 were considered to be good and "promising". All four games (which were played in NY/Newark, Washington DC, Houston, and Dallas) drew 17,000-something (average of 17,454.5).

The only appropriately sized XFL stadiums are in DC and Los Angeles (both MLS stadiums). I wish the XFL would have chosen Citi Field (MLB's Mets home) for the New York Guardians. It's about half the size of MetLife Stadium. Also, a New York team should actually be in New York. Wien Stadium at Columbia University in Manhattan seats 17,000, but only one-fourth of that is chair seating (although the Houston Roughnecks home stadium at U. Houston is also mostly what I call "backbreaker seating" -- backless benches).
    Last edited by MidwestJimmy; 02-10-2020 at 05:33 PM.

No, I will not be watching. Between the NFL, NHL, MLB, college basketball, and tennis, my life as a sports fan is booked to the max. I really don't have time to dedicate to watching a second football league.
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka Angelique Kerber Bianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    No, I will not be watching. Between the NFL, NHL, MLB, college basketball, and tennis, my life as a sports fan is booked to the max. I really don't have time to dedicate to watching a second football league.
    You should dump tennis and the NHL.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    You should dump tennis and the NHL.
    lol Hockey is by far my favorite sport. And tennis makes me a lot of money. Its been my most successful sport to bet on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    ... tennis makes me a lot of money. Its been my most successful sport to bet on.
    How do point spreads work? Total number of games played (combined from each set) or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    How do point spreads work? Total number of games played (combined from each set) or something like that?
    Yep. Total number of games won in the match.
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka Angelique Kerber Bianca Andreescu

Lets face it, not every NFL hopeful is going to make it. There are only so many spots for so many people. This could give good players a place to continue on, polish their skills and maybe earn a living waiting for a spot to open up on an NFL team. This is a good thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12