Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ESPN makes a bold prediction for the lions. What are your thoughts?

Per ESPN:
    The Lions will trade down to No. 5 in the draft and still take cornerback Jeff Okudah.

Yes, this might not seem that bold considering No. 3 is a logical trade-out spot and many mocks have the Lions and Okudah tied together. But saying it in January and having it executed in April are two different things. In trading with the Dolphins, who have the No. 5 pick, the Lions can potentially pick up another first-round selection, which might be able to land them DT Javon Kinlaw or DE Josh Uche -- depending which pick it is. That would give Detroit two potential pieces to build its future defense around who would fill massive needs. It's the smart, shrewd play -- if GM Bob Quinn can pull it off. -- Michael Rothstein
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Is it really bold if everyone is already talking about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Per ESPN:The Lions will trade down to No. 5 in the draft and still take cornerback Jeff Okudah.

Yes, this might not seem that bold considering No. 3 is a logical trade-out spot and many mocks have the Lions and Okudah tied together. But saying it in January and having it executed in April are two different things. In trading with the Dolphins, who have the No. 5 pick, the Lions can potentially pick up another first-round selection, which might be able to land them DT Javon Kinlaw or DE Josh Uche -- depending which pick it is. That would give Detroit two potential pieces to build its future defense around who would fill massive needs. It's the smart, shrewd play -- if GM Bob Quinn can pull it off. -- Michael Rothstein
    If the Redskins take Young at 2 then I see this scenario happening. My honest opinion is that the Dolphins are going to be scared of the teams that are behind them to move up and take Tua. They have their sites set on taking him. The LA Chargers, Jacksonville, Indy all need a QB and could possibly move up to snag Tua away from the Dolphins. The Dolphins can roll out Fitzmagic this season while Tua rests the hip. The Dolphins have a boat load of picks the next two drafts.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Take TUA

it feels like it makes more sense for teams to tank for Lawrence next year

it feels like it makes more sense for teams to tank for Lawrence next year
    bust

I predict they draft a long-term project DT and a tweener OL over any playmakers or impact players.

Go lions!

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    I predict they draft a long-term project DT and a tweener OL over any playmakers or impact players.

Go lions!
    true

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post

Go lions!

Or they draft playmakers that bust

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Or they draft playmakers that bust
    whats a playmaker

Now ESPN is saying we are on race discussions for slay?!?!!

I have no idea what to believe...
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

To be fair discussions as reported by media can mean as much as someone asking if you are trading Slay and you respond with maybe. The source isn't inaccurate that a trade discussion went on but that does not mean they are in the stage where talks have advanced to where a trade will happen soon. It doesn't make sense to trade Slay now when you are in a "win now" mode. Sign a short term front loaded contract and void the last year imo. Then again you already had the shittiest defense in the league last year so losing Slay can't make it worse for this coming season. The only ones it really hurts directly are the dumbass GM and coach.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    To be fair discussions as reported by media can mean as much as someone asking if you are trading Slay and you respond with maybe. The source isn't inaccurate that a trade discussion went on but that does not mean they are in the stage where talks have advanced to where a trade will happen soon. It doesn't make sense to trade Slay now when you are in a "win now" mode. Sign a short term front loaded contract and void the last year imo. Then again you already had the shittiest defense in the league last year so losing Slay can't make it worse for this coming season. The only ones it really hurts directly are the dumbass GM and coach.
    I really have no problem trading Slay, the defense was atrocious with him. He's looking for a huge contract and I just don't think he's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    I really have no problem trading Slay, the defense was atrocious with him. He's looking for a huge contract and I just don't think he's worth it.
    The issue then is you have locked yourself into having to take Okudah and play him a lot. Rookie corners typically struggle and that's not good for a owner/coach needing to win. Now you could probably still sign a vet corner but the market is not very strong and the big fish on the market, Byron Jones, is going to be expensive. He would be a good replacement but I do have concerns about the lack of plays on the ball from him and not having an NFL calibre pass rush helping him out that he had in Dallas. Logistically it makes sense however to move on from Slay given age and decline corners face hitting age 30. I'd rather not yet just give him a bridge deal for another few years and then cut him. Front a majority of the cash so the back half of the deal can be easily cut.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    whats a playmaker
    Michael Irvin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast