Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    If they were really interested in trying to go forward with D LO (who was just signed to a max contract)- You dont think they would have waited until they had a reasonable sample size of games playing with Klay and Steph?

LOL and to be clear- Im not mad they got rid of D Lo. I just think seeing them get rid of him showed that they werent all that interested in trying to make it work with the organization moving forward. Also- it wasnt like iggy leaving the team.... the rest of the team kind of acted like they expected it. TBH- I was actually more shocked they traded Willie Cauly Stein then D Lo. I did think they would wait until the summer to do it though, because I think the deal they got would have been on the table this summer too.
    That's just it, I think they did have enough data to know DLo wasn't going to work out for them.

There were some hints that DLo was a problem in general and I think that accelerated their plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    That's just it, I think they did have enough data to know DLo wasn't going to work out for them.

There were some hints that DLo was a problem in general and I think that accelerated their plans.
    agreed- i just think it was their plan all along. The reasons bob myers and kerr were saying it wasnt a good fit. Those reasons were clear as day even before d russell ever even boarded a plane to come to the bay area.

There were also rumors that there were discussions with d lo about the warriors making an effort to work out a trade pairing him with townes. Not sure when those discussions took place (in the weeks leading up to the trade, or last summer after he signed his contract)
    Last edited by likemystylez; 05-15-2020 at 12:33 PM.

agreed- i just think it was their plan all along. The reasons bob myers and kerr were saying it wasnt a good fit. Those reasons were clear as day even before d russell ever even boarded a plane to come to the bay area.

There were also rumors that there were discussions with d lo about the warriors making an effort to work out a trade pairing him with townes. Not sure when those discussions took place (in the weeks leading up to the trade, or last summer after he signed his contract)
    I think they had not come to a conclusion until they did. So they planned to see if DLo would work while being aware that if he didn't or if a preferable player came available they'd move him if it worked for them. The Warriors genuinely liked his movement, ball handling, passing, and shooting, what they couldn't know was if he could adjust to playing in a pace and space system without needing the ball in his hands, they also wanted him to push the pace. What they learned after they got him was that no, he wasn't going to push the pace, and he wasn't adjusting to not having the ball and constantly moving. If he had made those adjustments they would have been less likely to trade him.

I don't think there was anything particularly disingenuous about it, and I imagine the players involved would agree. Every team is supposed to be trying to get better all the time either by developing players or acquiring them. They are not all going to work out, and once the team learns a players is not going to work out the sooner they move him for a reasonable return the better generally.

The fact that the Warriors turned nothing into Wiggins and a 1st round pick next year is a near miracle.

I think they had not come to a conclusion until they did. So they planned to see if DLo would work while being aware that if he didn't or if a preferable player came available they'd move him if it worked for them. The Warriors genuinely liked his movement, ball handling, passing, and shooting, what they couldn't know was if he could adjust to playing in a pace and space system without needing the ball in his hands, they also wanted him to push the pace. What they learned after they got him was that no, he wasn't going to push the pace, and he wasn't adjusting to not having the ball and constantly moving. If he had made those adjustments they would have been less likely to trade him.

I don't think there was anything particularly disingenuous about it, and I imagine the players involved would agree. Every team is supposed to be trying to get better all the time either by developing players or acquiring them. They are not all going to work out, and once the team learns a players is not going to work out the sooner they move him for a reasonable return the better generally.

The fact that the Warriors turned nothing into Wiggins and a 1st round pick next year is a near miracle.
    I think the argument could be made that taking wiggins horrible contract on and getting the first round pick basically cross each other off.... unless they find a team in a desperate situation to dump wiggins on.

I think the argument could be made that taking wiggins horrible contract on and getting the first round pick basically cross each other off.... unless they find a team in a desperate situation to dump wiggins on.
    The contract is a positive though. Without that huge contract slot the Warriors can't bring in another player on a big contract. That big contract gives the Warriors options they wouldn't have without it.

The contract is a positive though. Without that huge contract slot the Warriors can't bring in another player on a big contract. That big contract gives the Warriors options they wouldn't have without it.
    yup......

you just confirmed- thats the reason they have wiggins on the roster

yup......

you just confirmed- thats the reason they have wiggins on the roster
    No. You are saying Wiggins and the 1st round pick cancel each other out because his contract is bad, and I'm saying, if nothing else, Wiggins' salary slot has HUGE value to the Warriors.

In addition to that they ALSO have Wiggins the player and potentially an early 1st round pick.

And they have all of that from essentially nothing.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678