Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

#52 The Orlando Blooms (22-29) vs Knicks (15-36) @Mecca Square Garden: Trade Deadline

Last season, the (42-40) Orlando Magic made the playoffs led by the strong play of Nikolai Volkoff or something like that (N. Vucevic). With a talented shooting guard, Evan Fournier and a reborn #1 pick, Markelle Fultz, this franchise might be one Iron Sheik away from making a serious impact in the NBA Playoffs in the near future.

During the 30 seasons in existence, the Orlando Magic winners of the #1 pick 3 different times have made the playoffs 15 times for a stunning 50% success rate. From 2012-2017, The Orlando Magic under former GM Rob Hennigan hired the Pride of Wayne State University and future Knicks GM, Scott Perry to be his vice president and assistant general manager. During this stretch, the Magic failed to make the playoffs every season. Bad trades led to Hennigan being fired. Of the draft picks, Perry helped guide Hennigan: Victor Oladipo (2013), Aaron Gordon and Elfrid Payton (2014), and Mario Hezonja (2015). Only Aaron Gordon remains.

There is a silver lining for Knick fans.

The progress of Markelle Fultz. While the Sixers abandoned Fultz after 2 seasons, the Magic have allowed him to play 27.9-32 min/game. He's averaging 10.8-11.5 ppg on 0.45 FG%, FT% >70%, 1.3 steals/game & 4.8-5.8 assists per game. While Sixers barely played this kid, the Magic are definitely being rewarded with the extra minutes to develop. Godforbid he was given multiple weapons so he doesn't have to be a primary scorer but a facilitator.

How does this relate to the Knicks?

Well, in the past few games, Dennis Smith Jr has pulled himself out of the Lazarus Pit and performed like the player that the Knicks scouted in Dallas before making the Porzingis deal. Not sure what has motivated him. Could it be a promise of trading him to another team? Maybe. We'll see by 6pm today. We know, the Warriors laughed when the Knicks declined the 1st rounder and counter offered Dennis Smith Jr in a package for D'Angelo Russell.

Knicks have a good shot at extending their win streak and the remaining schedule for the rest of the next 2 weeks looks very possible.

But before that, the Knicks' highest priority is to develop young talent w/o ruining confidence.

Yeah I want to see DSJ, Frank, and Barrett all playing together. I think we’ll actually win games too.

Ian Begley‏Verified account @IanBegley

Follow Follow @IanBegley
    Allonzo Trier and Damyean Dotson will not play tonight against Orlando due to illness, per the Knicks.

ok I got my wish, Frank should see some wing time tonight.

Bullock and Knox at the SF, and I think RJ will be back to start.

Damn, so Trier’s “illness” was real lol

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Damn, so Trier’s “illness” was real lol
    I think he's pissed off lol.......screw that I'm staying home in bed, why sit on the bench.

If no Harkless, then do they call up Wooten? Love to see that. I think they are waiting till G league ends though

I do not believe this to be true, I think Knicks have till end of June then the one million hits just like last year with Lance.

I think Berman was the one with the One mil for lance with the cap last year and I said he was wrong lol...

Marc Berman‏ @NYPost_Berman · 38m38 minutes ago

As reported in today’s Post, Knicks on hook for a $1M guarantee on 2020-21 cap for Payton, Gibson, Ellington and Bullock. Unable to deal them today.

Yea I verified, Knicks gave the same deal as they did Lance Thomas, Knicks have till June 28th to waive them and the mil goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Yea I verified, Knicks gave the same deal as they did Lance Thomas, Knicks have till June 28th to waive them and the mil goes away.
    So if they waive them now, no $1M right?

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    So if they waive them now, no $1M right?
    correct, but again if at the end of the season the Knicks can make a trade you need salaries and these guys are locked with the non guarantees till June 28th so you don't waive them, well not all of them you need to have those salaries for that just in case.

We had nothing for AD remember we needed to gut the entire team and all our picks, you need to always keep vets for salaries instead of just waiving them if you don't want to play them then just don't play them. They don't have to dress either, you can bring up Wooten say and tell Taj your not dressing tonight.

Marc Berman‏ @NYPost_Berman · 5m5 minutes ago

Miller still won’t confirm if Kevin Knox will start at small forward with Bullock at shooting guard. But that probably is how it goes tonight.

1 reply 2 retweets 8 likes

Marc Berman‏ @NYPost_Berman · 8m8 minutes ago

Miller said likely try to get Barrett some minutes tonight.

well well well

Marc Berman‏ @NYPost_Berman · 11m11 minutes ago

Knicks starting lineup with Ntilikina at 2 and Bullock at 3. No Knox

People still watch Knicks games you guys are hardcore bet you can drink 10 oz of bleach without flinching.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Payton, Ntilikina, Bullock, Randle and Gibson starting.

That's a disgraceful starting lineup .Why isn't Knox starting? How about Dotson? Come on Knicks where the young guys at!

Just realized I haven’t seen Al Trautwig in a while, what happened to him?

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast