Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Carmelo Anthony is playing basketball in passive Portlandia for $2.1M where the team formerly nicknamed the Jailblazers are 3.5 games behind surging Memphis for the 8th seed.

It's criminal, Melo's legacy with the New York Knicks is remembered and revered more than a true New York native, Bernard King. Checketts was in such a rush to move King who was out that he didn't think Ewing + King would have been the most devastating duo in the NBA. King went on to have 4 more 20+ ppg seasons with Washington. The only legacy Melo left behind, Roy Hibbert's greatest career moment with the Pacers vs the Knicks that led to the Lakers signing him to one of the worst contracts.

Let's get back to 2020...Ian Begley is reporting that at season's end, GM Scott Perry is out. CAA Wes' Wesley aka "World Wide Wes" will be hired as the next Knicks GM.

Sounds about right.

Scott Perry thought he was building assets. Similar to the Porzingis deal, Perry didn't get anything more than another late first rounder...and maybe middle 2nd rounder from Detroit in the Marcus Morris deal. Did anyone want Portis? Nope. Randle? Nope. Ellington? Nope. Basically no one wanted the Knicks' garbage.

I think Leon Rose is looking to do whatever it takes to pry a star from a team even if it means using all the extra picks, youth to get it done. Dolan didn't hire him to rebuild. He was brought in to bring in STARS to the Garden at any cost.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 02-09-2020 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Carmelo Anthony is playing basketball in passive Portlandia for $2.1M where the team formerly nicknamed the Jailblazers are 3.5 games behind surging Memphis for the 8th seed.

It's criminal, Melo's legacy with the New York Knicks is remembered and revered more than a true New York native, Bernard King. The only legacy Melo left behind, Roy Hibbert's greatest career moment with the Pacers vs the Knicks that led to the Lakers signing him to one of the worst contracts.

Let's get back to 2020...Ian Begley is reporting that at season's end, GM Scott Perry is out. CAA Wes' Wesley aka "World Wide Wes" will be hired as the next Knicks GM.

Sounds about right.

Scott Perry thought he was building assets. Similar to the Porzingis deal, Perry didn't get anything more than another late first rounder...and maybe middle 2nd rounder from Detroit in the Marcus Morris deal. Did anyone want Portis? Nope. Randle? Nope. Ellington? Nope. Basically no one wanted the Knicks' garbage.

I think Leon Rose is looking to do whatever it takes to pry a star from a team even if it means using all the extra picks, youth to get it done. Dolan didn't hire him to rebuild. He was brought in to bring in STARS to the Garden at any cost.
    Which is why if Rose manages to be what Pelinka is for the Lakers right now...then the Knicks could turn the corner

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Which is why if Rose manages to be what Pelinka is for the Lakers right now...then the Knicks could turn the corner
    There isnt another LeBron out there

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    There isnt another LeBron out there

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    Doesn't mean that the Knicks can't make a splash come free agency summer 2021

Here is potentially the 2021 free agent class:

* Kawhi Leonard - Los Angeles Clippers: ...
    * LeBron James - Los Angeles Lakers: ...
    * Giannis Antetokounmpo - Milwaukee Bucks: ...
    * Paul George - Los Angeles Clippers: ...
    * Jrue Holiday - New Orleans Pelicans: ...
    * Bradley Beal - Washington Wizards: ...
    * Rudy Gobert - Utah Jazz: ...
    * Mike Conley - Utah Jazz:

That's why Leon Rose was brought in.

I get it. This IS modern NBA. You wine/dine a few whores and BEG them with money to "grace your town." I have no doubt it'll work eventually but as a fan, it makes this move feel so cheap.

You'll have to excuse me. As I tic towards age 50, I'm used to growing old with a player. Not buying an entire team as Miami did...as well as Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Here is potentially the 2021 free agent class:

* Kawhi Leonard - Los Angeles Clippers: ...
    * LeBron James - Los Angeles Lakers: ...
    * Giannis Antetokounmpo - Milwaukee Bucks: ...
    * Paul George - Los Angeles Clippers: ...
    * Jrue Holiday - New Orleans Pelicans: ...
    * Bradley Beal - Washington Wizards: ...
    * Rudy Gobert - Utah Jazz: ...
    * Mike Conley - Utah Jazz:

That's why Leon Rose was brought in.

I get it. This IS modern NBA. You wine/dine a few whores and BEG them with money to "grace your town." I have no doubt it'll work eventually but as a fan, it makes this move feel so cheap.

You'll have to excuse me. As I tic towards age 50, I'm used to growing old with a player. Not buying an entire team as Miami did...as well as Cleveland.
    But then again if the Knicks truly wanna be relevant then there is no other option tho

Giannis or bust. Rest is too old or not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by nyknicks1969 View Post
    Giannis or bust. Rest is too old or not good enough.
    Beal will be a huge addition for whoever gets him. He’s the other target. Still pretty young

Knicks close to hiring CAA agent Leon Rose

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Beal will be a huge addition for whoever gets him. He’s the other target. Still pretty young
    He signed a 2 year extension. He won’t be a FA until 2023. He’s a guy I would use our assets to trade for.

Get the conversation started with RJ and picks. At only 26 years old, he should have many great seasons ahead and he’d always be an all-star here.

For all the praise the Leon Rose here has received, I don’t like it. If this was another franchise with a different owner it might workout. But not with the knicks, not with Dolan.

Our mistakes in recent memory has been hiring people with no experience. Phil had no experience, Mills had now experience, and Perry’s internship does not count as real GM experience. We should’ve waited for Ujuri. The only way this works out is if Rose surrounds himself with experience FO personnel.

All this move tells me is that james Dolan is sticking to his obsession with free agents and doesn’t care about building a team.

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    For all the praise the Leon Rose here has received, I don’t like it. If this was another franchise with a different owner it might workout. But not with the knicks, not with Dolan.

Our mistakes in recent memory has been hiring people with no experience. Phil had no experience, Mills had now experience, and Perry’s internship does not count as real GM experience. We should’ve waited for Ujuri. The only way this works out is if Rose surrounds himself with experience FO personnel.

All this move tells me is that james Dolan is sticking to his obsession with free agents and doesn’t care about building a team.
    how far back you going? How did we get KP, Frank, Knox and now this years pick and have 6 others in the near future not even counting Detroits early 2nd round and two char 2nd round picks?

You can't make 10 picks, you just can't, and you have to have a mix of Draft, trades and FA's. Not sure where this obsession was or is except for two max guys that our FO made a mistake on and took a calculated risk and lost.

But i'll also chalk this up to Monday morning QB because the entire world though the Knicks had both Kyrie and KD in their hip pocket, but lets not go back in time.

We didn't make any trades or let our pick go, we could have had some moves but knicks kept their assets and yes hopefully for some FA's.

I'm not sure what planet fans are on but how did the great teams become great building through the draft? Just one and that is still a team that got key players in FA, then to beat Lebron went out and got a top 3 player.

That Steve Stought interview was horrific, just so cringe and then he basically says Miller and the entire staff will be gone after the year. He doesn't even have say in these matters.

World Wide Wes no longer coming... this new regime already looking like a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    That Steve Stought interview was horrific, just so cringe and then he basically says Miller and the entire staff will be gone after the year. He doesn't even have say in these matters.

World Wide Wes no longer coming... this new regime already looking like a disaster.
    We should pivot back to Masai while we still have a chance.

Someone hied and agent and it worked. This guy is an agent. He must be a good hire

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

The Wes thing makes sense. He can't "tamper" if he has an official title. Reports are framing it as him possibly helping Rose behind the scenes instead.

That interview was bad. It has nothing to do with him having a say. He was probably present during discussions and let it slip.

Also, he's not apart of the regime. He's runs the brand and marketing firm they just hired.
    Last edited by smood999; 02-12-2020 at 10:14 AM.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast