Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FYL_McVeezy View Post
    Hiring Thibs as coach just might be the last straw for me SMH
    Why is it wrong to hire ppl who can handle NY?

Hiring Thibs as coach just might be the last straw for me SMH
    For a young roster i think thibs is a very good hire.

Far better than that useless bum fizdale.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Why is it wrong to hire ppl who can handle NY?
    Nobody will be able to complain about young guys getting enough minutes that’s for sure

Jay wright is great at nova he’d be nuts to leave that for this mess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Nobody will be able to complain about young guys getting enough minutes that’s for sure

Jay wright is great at nova he’d be nuts to leave that for this mess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember everyone is now in relationship mode, and Jay will leave but it will take the best coach's contract in NBA history.....that is basically what the article said, he's a main stay at Villy but everyone has that number that can get him here.......again that is Dolan's money, don't count against the cap, but it would be a damn shame if he came and failed at this level with this team.

actually more I think about it, I'd wait to see the draft and FA and what the roster looks like in July and maybe just keep Miller another season if the roster still is the worst in the league. Maybe wait for Randle to expire, DSJ and Frank to end their option years and then begin the start over with a new coach.

Miller is not the worst thing out there either.

Marc Berman‏ @NYPost_Berman · 2h2 hours ago

Dwyane Wade extravaganza one of holdups in Leon Rose-#Knicks marriage

Thibs isn't elusive enough. Not sure if he ever adapted to the offensive nba jam style the league implemented, by taking away any defense possible. I think you need a conceptual coach, which finds some of the personal he needs in this team already.

Monty Williams, Brad Stevens, The grizzlies guy - a modern coach which has the confidence to handle a big market.
    `

Berman

Villanova coach Jay Wright has no interest in the Knicks, as The Post reported Monday, but Tom Thibodeau very much would like to coach at the Garden, according to a confidant.

Thibodeau, most recently the coach and president of basketball operations for the Timberwolves, has spent the time since his firing in January 2019 traveling to different basketball outposts, according to sources. Two sources, in fact, said Thibodeau doesn’t currently have a permanent residence as he awaits his next job.

When not traveling, the unmarried Thibodeau has made his home base at his brother’s place in New England.

“He really wants the Knick job,” a Thibodeau confidant said. “He can taste it and he may even be in the lead.”

The Post reported last week Thibodeau and Jeff Van Gundy will be on incoming team president Leon Rose’s short list.

“[Thibodeau has] been visiting teams, but primarily hanging out in LA near Doc [Rivers] and Tyronn [Lue],” the source said, referring to the Clippers’ head coach and assistant.

Thibodeau was Rivers’ top defensive assistant in Boston.

Thibodeau also showed up at Golden State’s headquarters to give Warriors coach Steve Kerr advice on newcomer Andrew Wiggins, whom he coached in Minnesota.

A former Knicks assistant, Thibodeau also had past ties with Rose at Creative Artists Agency.

“Rose has always been known as much more ethical than most agents, and if he can deliver players and let a strong coach coach, this could work out,” the Thibodeau confidant said. “It’s never a sure thing because of ownership, but Thibs knows he can work with Rose and also knows he’d be able to bring in his people as well.”
    Enlarge ImageTom ThibodeauTom ThibodeauGetty Images
    During All-Star Weekend in Chicago, the Chicago Sun-Times published a glowing profile on the former Bulls coach (2010-15), who wasn’t in town for the festivities. The article stated that over the past 15 NBA seasons, whether he was head coach or associate head coach, Thibodeau’s teams posted a .643 winning percentage.

Thibodeau’s reputation took a hit after he was fired last season during his third year in Minnesota. In Year 2, he took the Timberwolves to the playoffs after the woebegone franchise had missed the postseason for 13 straight years. Thibodeau, however, reportedly did not connect with the young players, practicing them too hard and being too vocal on the bench.

“For me, it’s always been about being true to yourself,” Thibodeau told the Sun-Times. “If you do the research, look at the numbers, and talk to the players that have played for me, you would find the truth. It’s not frustrating because it’s all part of it, part of the league. We’re all going to get criticized
    for something. I’ve always been comfortable with that.”

As for his basketball travels, Thibodeau, who still is being paid by the Timberwolves, told the Chicago newspaper: “Trust me, I’ve kicked back and read a book on a beach somewhere, got some warm weather, but I love coaching. That’s my passion. When you’re not in it, you miss the camaraderie, and I know for me, I really miss the competition. That’s what I miss the most.”

•In a separate New York Post article, Berman says that Dwyane Wade‘s three-day retirement celebration with the Heat this weekend is one reason Rose’s hiring by the Knicks has been delayed. As Berman explains, Rose helped plan the event for Wade, a longtime CAA client.
    •Once Rose is officially installed as the Knicks’ new president of basketball operations, he’ll have a handful of pressing items on his to-do list, writes Stefan Bondy of The New York Daily News. Besides the head coaching search, Rose will have to plan for the draft and free agency, hire basketball operations staffers, and – perhaps most importantly – set boundaries with team owner James Dolan.
    •In a story about Knicks branding consultant Steve Stoute making an appearance at All-Star weekend, Berman of The New York Post notes that interim head of basketball operations Scott Perry remains “in the dark” about his future – or lack thereof – with the organization.

I would love to have Thibbs... He will make players like DSJ, Knox and Randle work on defense plus he is all about playing his core big minutes. He also handles the media a lot like Pop... I don't give a sh it mentality which is what is needed...

Thibbs with Jeff VanGundy as President... Let Jeff decide Perry's fate.

I say "no thanks" to college coaches. Wright and Calipari might be great but some of those guys just don't translate well to NBA coaches. We would spend 3 years just trying to figure out if our coach is capable of the job.

Thibs is a proven NBA coach and a basketballholic. He's a tireless worker and someone who bring accountability and respect from younger players. He fits exactly what this franchise needs.
    Last edited by 2010 or Bust; 02-19-2020 at 12:30 PM.
    IT'S SHOWTIME!!

Didn't like what I saw from Thibs in Minny.....not all his fault but it is what it is....

Same ppl lauding Thibs for his rotations(or lack thereof) will be the same ppl complaining when he runs RJ barrett into the ground playing 40mins a game

I'd much rather JVG as coach if we're gonna hire someone outside.....he'll most likely keep Miller...

Otherwise just make the commitment to Miller....whoever gets the job needs to have a commitment from the top....none of this wait and see nonsense by giving Miller a 1-2 yr contract

JETS KNICKS YANKEES RANGERS

Didn't like what I saw from Thibs in Minny.....not all his fault but it is what it is....

Same ppl lauding Thibs for his rotations(or lack thereof) will be the same ppl complaining when he runs RJ barrett into the ground playing 40mins a game

I'd much rather JVG as coach if we're gonna hire someone outside.....he'll most likely keep Miller...

Otherwise just make the commitment to Miller....whoever gets the job needs to have a commitment from the top....none of this wait and see nonsense by giving Miller a 1-2 yr contract
    Thibs made Butler a allstar and Minny wasn't his fault coaching wise towns and Wiggins are just not winners.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Miller should absolutely be given the opportunity to coach this team. At this point unless he loses the team I wouldn't even consider replacing him until we get a little talent. At that point if you aren't sold and want bring a higher profile coach OK but right and presumable next year he deserves the job. Of course the Knicks treat everyone like trash so we will likely fire him in a discourteous way and then the front office will leak a story about him being a ****
    Last edited by ewing; 02-19-2020 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Seems Knicks PR getting a bit smarter now :

Ian Begley‏Verified account @IanBegley · 33m33 minutes ago

Madison Square Garden statement on Charles Oakley’s civil suit being dismissed by a judge today: “We thank the court for its ruling. This was an incident that no one was happy about. Maybe now there can be peace between us.”

Ian Begley‏Verified account @IanBegley · 50m50 minutes ago

Charles Oakley's civil suit against Knicks owner James Dolan and the Madison Square Garden Company has been dismissed. Judge Richard J. Sullivan concluded that "Oakley has failed to allege a plausible legal claim that can meet federal legal standards."

Ian Begley‏Verified account @IanBegley · 24m24 minutes ago

Ian Begley Retweeted Ian Begley

Worth noting: people around both Dolan & Oakley have talked to them about the benefits of settling their differences & having Oakley return to MSG. NYK branding exec Steve Stoute has said he’d like to see it happen. It will be interesting to see if today’s events move the needle.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast