Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Leafs trade for Clifford, Campbell

Why did it take so long? Leafs trade 2020 3rd owned by Columbus a 2021 conditional 3rd and Moore.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 02-06-2020 at 10:48 AM.

Moore

Can someone brief me on the incoming players? I know Campbell had a good year last season. Is this Clifford the big red enforcer?

Campbell is a definite upgrade on Hutch. Clifford is one tough customer that can actually play. We still have a huge hole to fill on defence though.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Campbell is a definite upgrade on Hutch. Clifford is one tough customer that can actually play. We still have a huge hole to fill on defence though.
    Cliff has 2 rings too.

I donít think we have space for a real upgrade on defence. I hope ceci being out means someone else can step up.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Cliff has 2 rings too.

I donít think we have space for a real upgrade on defence. I hope ceci being out means someone else can step up.
    If that plug qualifies for LTIR that's 4.5 schmill to go get a Dumba or Manson. He sucks buffalo pecker so him out is a good thing. But if they can LTIR him.. beauty. It would complicate the cap next year(more than willing to explain if it's of interest to anyone) but help "in the now".

If that plug qualifies for LTIR that's 4.5 schmill to go get a Dumba or Manson. He sucks buffalo pecker so him out is a good thing. But if they can LTIR him.. beauty. It would complicate the cap next year(more than willing to explain if it's of interest to anyone) but help "in the now".
    Iím curious.

The plug being Ceci.

No Iím curious how it would **** with our cap space next season. Cap is absolutely key from here on. If it would give us like >3mil against the cap next season then I would rather not ltir him.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    No Iím curious how it would **** with our cap space next season. Cap is absolutely key from here on. If it would give us like >3mil against the cap next season then I would rather not ltir him.
    With LTIR you have to spend as close to the cap as you can or else next season it comes back to haunt us. Kinda why we have some guys being called up or sent down for a practice.

https://www.capfriendly.com/ltir-faq

That's way better then my silly arse can explain it. Capfriendly is a fantastic site if you wanna get your head around the salary cap.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 02-07-2020 at 03:19 PM.

With LTIR you have to spend as close to the cap as you can or else next season it comes back to haunt us. Kinda why we have some guys being called up or sent down for a practice.

https://www.capfriendly.com/ltir-faq

That's way better then my silly arse can explain it. Capfriendly is a fantastic site if you wanna get your head around the salary cap.
    Yeah but wonít we be spending 99% of the cap next season anyways? Or are you saying they would need to find a way to fill Ceciís entire 5mil or that would bite us? Would need to be an expiring.