Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 501 of 564 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511551 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 8451
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Harris definitely did not play well enough to get a deal worth 5/180. That was a brutal deal. Only overshadowed by the even worse deal they gave Horford. Brand completely screwed up the whole thing.
    No he didnít but this is sports, where commodity wins over actual production. If you evaluate every player in the league 90% are over paid by a lot per year.

This is where people have to eat that **** and realize you can be a scrub and still make MLE money now.

Example Christian Woods is a FA with early bird rights owned by Detroit. He actual money value dictates his next contract should be valued around 8-10 mil per year for 3 years, but because he is a commodity of need his contract will be around 15-16 mil.

Thatís all of sports, what there value is and what they make is never even close they make tons more money off the need factor than actually using money value according to there play.

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    No he didnít but this is sports, where commodity wins over actual production. If you evaluate every player in the league 90% are over paid by a lot per year.

This is where people have to eat that **** and realize you can be a scrub and still make MLE money now.

Example Christian Woods is a FA with early bird rights owned by Detroit. He actual money value dictates his next contract should be valued around 8-10 mil per year for 3 years, but because he is a commodity of need his contract will be around 15-16 mil.

Thatís all of sports, what there value is and what they make is never even close they make tons more money off the need factor than actually using money value according to there play.
    Thatís all fair to say. But as I said in the edit to my post, Harris had them over a barrel. There was no way they were letting him walk after giving up a ton to get him, and then watch him under-perform. And especially when they were watching Butler walk.

Id give Wood 3/45 in a heartbeat before giving Harris 5/180. And I donít hate Harris. But Iíd like him at 5/100ish, and thatís fair on both sides. Would have never killed the cap on that

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Thatís all fair to say. But as I said in the edit to my post, Harris had them over a barrel. There was no way they were letting him walk after giving up a ton to get him, and then watch him under-perform. And especially when they were watching Butler walk.

Id give Wood 3/45 in a heartbeat before giving Harris 5/180. And I donít hate Harris. But Iíd like him at 5/100ish, and thatís fair on both sides. Would have never killed the cap on that
    I understand but this is business, if Philly didnít give him that contract someone else was he was 26 at the time, and if people really watched him play he doesnít suck.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...harrito02.html

He is a career 47% FG 36% 3 FG% and 81% FT, he been a net neutral player on both ends of the court. I know people in here willing to overpay on a name that will give you ******* numbers than what Harris can provide.

Iím convinced people in here care more about name recognition than looking through various stat breakdowns.

Is he worth the 180 no, but the market dictates that his numbers is valued at a lot higher rate than it should be monetary wise.

The complaint should be more about how a player who is 3rd on the totem pole can make that much and not even be the 1 or 2 go to player of the group.
    Last edited by justcallmetm; 11-07-2020 at 04:15 PM.

I understand but this is business, if Philly didnít give him that contract someone else was he was 26 at the time, and if people really watched him play he doesnít suck.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...harrito02.html

He is a career 47% FG 36% 3 FG% and 81% FT, he been a net neutral player on both ends of the court. I know people in here willing to overpay on a name that will give you ******* numbers than what Harris can provide.

Iím convinced people in here care more about name recognition than looking through various stat breakdowns.

Is he worth the 180 no, but the market dictates that his numbers is valued at a lot higher rate than it should be monetary wise.

The complaint should be more about how a player who is 3rd on the totem pole can make that much and not even be the 1 or 2 go to player of the group.
    Just because the market dictated that he would get a max contract, doesnít mean that it was a good decision for Philly or anyone else to give him one. Thatís the part that youíre missing.

It was entirely foreseeable that Philly would immediately regret their decision to give him that contract. And here they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Just because the market dictated that he would get a max contract, doesnít mean that it was a good decision for Philly or anyone else to give him one. Thatís the part that youíre missing.

It was entirely foreseeable that Philly would immediately regret their decision to give him that contract. And here they are.
    Iím not missing anything, It was going to happen by any team who tried to vie for his services.

He turned down a 90mil extension with the Clippers for the max deal as FA which was 5yrs 180, thatís why he was traded to Philly. Clippers had traded Blake for Harris to reduce salary, but when Harris turned down the Clippers extension he was gone.

What people want to offer and what they will get will ALWAYS BE OFF, almost all NBA players are overpaid and not by a little but a boat load.

Philly isnít in a ****** spot like NY, at least they are playoff contenders with problems. Knicks just suck and have problems, you have narrow minded idiots who prefer for the quick fix and then we have some who rather take the slow steady approach.

This FO seems like they are going to go about the steady rebuild whether people like it or not.

Iím not missing anything, It was going to happen by any team who tried to vie for his services.

He turned down a 90mil extension with the Clippers for the max deal as FA which was 5yrs 180, thatís why he was traded to Philly. Clippers had traded Blake for Harris to reduce salary, but when Harris turned down the Clippers extension he was gone.

What people want to offer and what they will get will ALWAYS BE OFF, almost all NBA players are overpaid and not by a little but a boat load.

Philly isnít in a ****** spot like NY, at least they are playoff contenders with problems. Knicks just suck and have problems, you have narrow minded idiots who prefer for the quick fix and then we have some who rather take the slow steady approach.

This FO seems like they are going to go about the steady rebuild whether people like it or not.
    It could happen to any team. But that doesnít mean they would pay that. He knew they just gave up a ridiculous amount to get him, no way they were letting him walk. Plenty of teams let guys go get paid elsewhere

Just because a guy thinks his market value is max, or close, doesnít mean a team has to agree. It was a mistake
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 11-07-2020 at 06:19 PM.

Youíre still missing the point. Harris can turn down whatever extension and ask for whatever he wants. Neither Philly nor any other team had to give it to him. And now Philly regrets it, because they paid him what the market dictated but that amount was nowhere close to what his value is on the court, especially as a third or fourth banana.

Philly isnít in a shiity spot? I see it very differently. They just got swept in the first round of the playoffs. They have two players with maybe the worst contracts in the entire league in Harris and Horford. They two very good, young superstars who seemingly canít play well together in Ben Simmons and Embid.

Thatís why they upended their entire front office structure for Daryl Morey. Heíll need to work some magic to get them to true contender status, since it looks like theyíve hit their celing and they have no useful draft picks or cap space to get better.

Philly tanked season after season after season till they got it "somewhat" right. Ask Jahlil Okafor & Markelle Fultz how patient the Sixer Front Office is when it comes to player development.

I'll give Philly this much, unlike the Knicks they realized (well until Elton Brand screwed everything up) UFAs were not coming unless they traded then massively overpaid to re-sign(see Tobias Harris).

Now comes in Daryl Morey & Doc Rivers. I just can't see Embiid and Simmons finishing the next season on the same team. Heck, the new season starts Dec 22nd I can't see both of these injury prone players finishing healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Youíre still missing the point. Harris can turn down whatever extension and ask for whatever he wants. Neither Philly nor any other team had to give it to him. And now Philly regrets it, because they paid him what the market dictated but that amount was nowhere close to what his value is on the court, especially as a third or fourth banana.

Philly isnít in a shiity spot? I see it very differently. They just got swept in the first round of the playoffs. They have two players with maybe the worst contracts in the entire league in Harris and Horford. They two very good, young superstars who seemingly canít play well together in Ben Simmons and Embid.

Thatís why they upended their entire front office structure for Daryl Morey. Heíll need to work some magic to get them to true contender status, since it looks like theyíve hit their celing and they have no useful draft picks or cap space to get better.
    He turned down the extension to bet on himself. He didnít ask for specifics at all that was what was thrown at him since there was 4 teams in play for his services with the Nets as the major players. He was interested in going to the Nets, but Philly did what they did.

Your saying his contract is horrible but his numbers and stats are similar to Khris Middleton same as there salaries. If Harris contract is horrible so is...

Middleton, Hayward, Kemba, Lowry, Conley, Millsap, Love, Vucevic, DeRozan...they all got overpaid.

Philly isnít in a ****** spot because they have players teams would want on playoff teams.

Morey took the job because he saw it as a easy way to flip the team around, they have enough players that have value and enough picks to make major moves. No person like Morey would take a job if they couldnít make any deal to improve the team.

Horford is a wanted commodity for a playoff team, same with Harris, Embiid, Simmons.

They just have to move people itís more of which way they want to change. With Rivers there Embiid is safe and maybe Harris since he excelled with Rivers when he was there.

They have better shot trading Simmons and get back more on there return than just trading Harris and Horford. Fact is Simmons is a issue with him not wanting to shoot or expand his game. I think heís overpaid for his limitations, he just doesnít shoot.

If people like shooters then Simmons isnít even all that great, heís just unique that he is 6í10 playing PG and with Simmons needing the paint clear to do what he does best it forces Embiid to the outside, while he can shoot he doesnít want to be stuck there all the time.

Simmons and Horford will get shopped before Harris and Embiid.
    Last edited by justcallmetm; 11-07-2020 at 07:05 PM.

Tobias harris isnít even a problem for Philly. Heís a very solid 3rd option. The problem is they should have given horfords money to a couple 3 and D guys. He doesnít fit there at all

Simmons needs to get a consistent mid range jumper with an occasional 3 pointer. I donít see harris being an issue contract included. They ****ed up with horford thinking he would fit next to Embiid which he clearly doesnít. Even the butler deal getting Richardson back for a FA they were gonna lose anyway was a win. Iím interested in how many FAs they coulda signed instead of horford. Just piss poor management.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

He turned down the extension to bet on himself. He didnít ask for specifics at all that was what was thrown at him since there was 4 teams in play for his services with the Nets as the major players. He was interested in going to the Nets, but Philly did what they did.

Your saying his contract is horrible but his numbers and stats are similar to Khris Middleton same as there salaries. If Harris contract is horrible so is...

Middleton, Hayward, Kemba, Lowry, Conley, Millsap, Love, Vucevic, DeRozan...they all got overpaid.

Philly isnít in a ****** spot because they have players teams would want on playoff teams.

Morey took the job because he saw it as a easy way to flip the team around, they have enough players that have value and enough picks to make major moves. No person like Morey would take a job if they couldnít make any deal to improve the team.

Horford is a wanted commodity for a playoff team, same with Harris, Embiid, Simmons.

They just have to move people itís more of which way they want to change. With Rivers there Embiid is safe and maybe Harris since he excelled with Rivers when he was there.

They have better shot trading Simmons and get back more on there return than just trading Harris and Horford. Fact is Simmons is a issue with him not wanting to shoot or expand his game. I think heís overpaid for his limitations, he just doesnít shoot.

If people like shooters then Simmons isnít even all that great, heís just unique that he is 6í10 playing PG and with Simmons needing the paint clear to do what he does best it forces Embiid to the outside, while he can shoot he doesnít want to be stuck there all the time.

Simmons and Horford will get shopped before Harris and Embiid.
    Simmons is a beast. Heís better than Embiid imo
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Simmons is a beast. Heís better than Embiid imo
    I wish I could say the same but, the dude is 6í10 pg with no jumper and needs the ball in his hands to be of any use on offense. His defense is great but everything else is lacking, eventually he is going to become a black hole on offense without the jumper. His offensive win shares keeps dropping year by year.

He cripples the team in any half court offense, defense is great but you will have to put some top notch shooters around him to hide his limitations on offense.

I wish I could say the same but, the dude is 6í10 pg with no jumper and needs the ball in his hands to be of any use on offense. His defense is great but everything else is lacking, eventually he is going to become a black hole on offense without the jumper. His offensive win shares keeps dropping year by year.

He cripples the team in any half court offense, defense is great but you will have to put some top notch shooters around him to hide his limitations on offense.
    In a weird way Simmons is similar to Giannis. Both of them need 4 legit snipers next to them to maximize them.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    In a weird way Simmons is similar to Giannis. Both of them need 4 legit snipers next to them to maximize them.
    At least Giannis is trying to work on his jumper.

I just donít believe that someone who has the ball as much as Simmons be a 1 level scorer and say your a superstar, especially when you run the PG spot. This guy refuses to try and expand his game, he thinks he doesnít have to.

At least attempt the jumpers even if your not great at it, we got plenty players out there who aren't great shooters at least they attempt.
    Last edited by justcallmetm; 11-07-2020 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I donít think thatís true. You do need a few, though. And as great as Embiid can be, thereís always health issues, and he sometimes isnít into the game

Philly made a huge mistake not keeping Redick. Similar to Milwaukee extending Bledsoe, and letting Brogdon walk.