Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 433 of 488 FirstFirst ... 333383423431432433434435443483 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,495 of 7315
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    So the official offer for CP3 was Frank, Knox, Payton, Randle, and a 2nd??? Wow,...rinse repeat..rinse repeat..
    That's not a bad deal trading quantity for quality while keeping first round picks for other trades.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    So the official offer for CP3 was Frank, Knox, Payton, Randle, and a 2nd??? Wow,...rinse repeat..rinse repeat..
    If that's true, we're as dumb as we ever were. Buckle up for another 20 years at the bottom...

Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    If that's true, we're as dumb as we ever were. Buckle up for another 20 years at the bottom...
    Not really. That’s actually a lot better than I thought. There’s very little value there. I wouldn’t want to make that deal anyway, but it gives me hope we aren’t the same old suckers anymore. Old regimes would have threw them 2 firsts
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-20-2020 at 07:32 PM.

The good news is they haven't done anything yet which hopefully means it could all still be smoke and mirrors. Lets hope that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    That's not a bad deal trading quantity for quality while keeping first round picks for other trades.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    What does that trade accomplish exactly?

We are giving up trade assets and capspace for a 35 year old with a history of getting injured.
    Last edited by AFG-NYC; 09-20-2020 at 08:43 PM.

My only move would be working with Detroit to sign n trade Wood and get Rose that’s it. I’m simple with the moves this year. I don’t want to do much let the young players develop and let them play the minutes needed which Thibs will do.

Wait until next year and see how it shakes out. We still have to wait how this pandemic effects the salary cap itself, I believe it will drop about 10mil or so. I wouldn’t want to take on any serious overpaid contract unless it nets multiple draft picks for taking in salary.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Presti isn’t a piece of **** GM, he will trade Paul to a favorable destination. Paul hasn’t been in a losing situation since he left the team that drafted him. He doesn’t care for a rebuilding team or a losing situation.
    I'm sure okc wasn't his desired destiny and they were projected to be a lottery team cp3 is just that good he'd easily make us a playoff team too in the weak east

Spending # on paul for 2 years really isnt a big deal.

It's not like it takes us out of the running for any big time players. And as of now were not even remotely a destination any of those guys would come to.

We need to get better, our young players need to get better, and they need a floor leader who can help them thrive.

Cp3 does that, and gives us the potential to land other free agents who otherwise wont come here.

Hes not the ideal player you want, but were not in an ideal situation.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    I'm sure okc wasn't his desired destiny and they were projected to be a lottery team cp3 is just that good he'd easily make us a playoff team too in the weak east
    The gift was the George trade, the pieces they got made that team what they were. More so than just getting Paul, when they got Paul they viewed him as a deadline trade piece. When they produced wins it was hard to break it up. Presti would have traded him to a playoff team if they weren’t winning.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Spending # on paul for 2 years really isnt a big deal.

It's not like it takes us out of the running for any big time players. And as of now were not even remotely a destination any of those guys would come to.

We need to get better, our young players need to get better, and they need a floor leader who can help them thrive.

Cp3 does that, and gives us the potential to land other free agents who otherwise wont come here.

Hes not the ideal player you want, but were not in an ideal situation.
    Agreed him or even westy aren't the worst case scenario

Although I'd much rather just play the young guy you gotta be realistic knowing dolan won't do that

I just don’t want him, not because of the contract but because he deserves more than this **** team at 35.
    ― Albert Einstein
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

The gift was the George trade, the pieces they got made that team what they were. More so than just getting Paul, when they got Paul they viewed him as a deadline trade piece. When they produced wins it was hard to break it up. Presti would have traded him to a playoff team if they weren’t winning.
    Idk bro they are already rumors of cp3 being traded here i don't think presti owes cp3 anything and he'll be traded to the highest bidder

Just a thought..

Watching this game, there’s so many plays Denver doesn’t go through Jokic. There should never be a time down the ball is not in his hands. Amazing..

He needs to shoot more

I just don’t want him, not because of the contract but because he deserves more than this **** team at 35.
    honestly I don't want him at that price but we are the knicks lol