Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 347 of 488 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357397447 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,205 of 7315
    Where are all the Trey Burke haters?

Luka got in foul trouble and Burke literally took over. He spearheaded a lead that grew from 8 to 18 in the 4th. DSJ or Harper could play that role for the Knicks next season. He just has to embrace that role

My goodness we lost that trade. Those picks from Dallas will be very late. We better find a gem or this was the worst trade in history. Every player we traded besides Courtney Lee is contributing to Dallas . What players did we get back and what exactly have they done? Perry needs to be fired immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    My goodness we lost that trade. Those picks from Dallas will be very late. We better find a gem or this was the worst trade in history. Every player we traded besides Courtney Lee is contributing to Dallas . What players did we get back and what exactly have they done? Perry needs to be fired immediately.
    one of the worst trades I've ever seen in ANY sport, I said it that same day and nothing has happened to make it look better.

One of the worst trades in sports history, said it from day one, people here said it wasnt that bad, it was...

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    one of the worst trades I've ever seen in ANY sport, I said it that same day and nothing has happened to make it look better.
    It was a bad trade, but only because we got rid of KP.

All this ******** about why did we give up Trey and THJ is just that. Both those guys sucked on the Knicks. I know you like THJ, but be realistic, there was not a single team taking THJ at his contract for what he did on the Knicks without including an asset with him. That's how bad he was. And Trey was basically on his last legs in the NBA.

Just because Trey had a decent game last night, and THJ looks OK in a 3rd or 4th scoring role, doesn't mean that we should regret trading them. I don't. Not one bit.

KP is another story though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    It was a bad trade, but only because we got rid of KP.

All this ******** about why did we give up Trey and THJ is just that. Both those guys sucked on the Knicks. I know you like THJ, but be realistic, there was not a single team taking THJ at his contract for what he did on the Knicks without including an asset with him. That's how bad he was. And Trey was basically on his last legs in the NBA.

Just because Trey had a decent game last night, and THJ looks OK in a 3rd or 4th scoring role, doesn't mean that we should regret trading them. I don't. Not one bit.

KP is another story though.
    absolutely.

THJR is a solid player but he's not changing any franchise. Burke is a fringe NBA player, they were daring him to shoot mid range jumpers all night... sometimes that backfires, sometimes hack a shaq backfires when the FT's go in, it did last night.

The idea that we had to attach KP to THJR was just absurd, THJR was never THAT bad of a contract, nor was I under any illusion that we could actually sign someone better. Say what you want about THJR, he would have been a far better use of $17m then what we signed with $78m instead. and truth be told he's the best young player we signed in recent memory.

but of course it's all about KP... everything else is just noise.

absolutely.

THJR is a solid player but he's not changing any franchise. Burke is a fringe NBA player, they were daring him to shoot mid range jumpers all night... sometimes that backfires, sometimes hack a shaq backfires when the FT's go in, it did last night.

The idea that we had to attach KP to THJR was just absurd, THJR was never THAT bad of a contract, nor was I under any illusion that we could actually sign someone better. Say what you want about THJR, he would have been a far better use of $17m then what we signed with $78m instead. and truth be told he's the best young player we signed in recent memory.

We got less assets back because we forced THJR in the deal.

And that's a massive L for us considering we didnt sign anyone worth a damn. Not to mention taking back DSJ who is worse than all 3 players we traded.

DsJ wasnt even a nba level player this past season. I cant wait for thibs to beat him down, bojangles better grow up, or thibs gonna run that fat little punk out of the nba.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    Not a fan of Harrell. He's overrated to me. Like an upgraded Kanter. I Like the blazers Center rotation. Would like to have something similar. A backup center who has better offensive game then Mitch but can at least hold his own most of the time on defense like nurkic
    Vernon Carey with the 2nd round pick

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    We got less assets back because we forced THJR in the deal.

And that's a massive L for us considering we didnt sign anyone worth a damn. Not to mention taking back DSJ who is worse than all 3 players we traded.

DsJ wasnt even a nba level player this past season. I cant wait for thibs to beat him down, bojangles better grow up, or thibs gonna run that fat little punk out of the nba.
    Expect DSjr to get traded...for anything.

His lazy, don't care attitude won't go over well with Thibs.

As for THjr, he was overrated the second he was traded to Dallas. Mediocre at best and clearly benefitting from playing with one of the games best creators.

Lol let's wait and see if dal is still this good next year ther defense is still horrible and bev wasn't playing

absolutely.

Man please you must not have watched the game. Burke was hitting contested 3s and getting to the rack on Lou Williams and Shamet at will. There was a stretch in the 4th where he looked unstoppable. We all knew that Burke was talented (more talented than THJ) but he was also not put in the right role on the Knicks. He is a sparkplug guy off the bench to hold a lead which is exactly what he did last night. Any good coach would know that but unfortunately the Knicks haven't had a good coach since Woody.

Thibs would have had Trey Burke looking like Ben Gordon if he were coaching then.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Lol let's wait and see if dal is still this good next year ther defense is still horrible and bev wasn't playing
    Right the Knicks beat them this season...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Expect DSjr to get traded...for anything.

His lazy, don't care attitude won't go over well with Thibs.

As for THjr, he was overrated the second he was traded to Dallas. Mediocre at best and clearly benefitting from playing with one of the games best creators.
    No one saying thjr is anything special, but he fits the current nba player mold and has far more value than anyone we traded for or signed.

Hopfully dsj gets traded but that may be tough, it's hard to imagine he isnt stacking up the fried chicken weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Man please you must not have watched the game. Burke was hitting contested 3s and getting to the rack on Lou Williams and Shamet at will. There was a stretch in the 4th where he looked unstoppable. We all knew that Burke was talented (more talented than THJ) but he was also not put in the right role on the Knicks. He is a sparkplug guy off the bench to hold a lead which is exactly what he did last night. Any good coach would know that but unfortunately the Knicks haven't had a good coach since Woody.

Thibs would have had Trey Burke looking like Ben Gordon if he were coaching then.
    he didn't hit a single 3 all game, or in game 1 either. even the commentators said they are begging him to shoot and leaving him wide open.

this is 2020, teams will gladly live and die with Burke shooting mid range shots at 41%.

Not sure if the KP trade was the absolute worst....the Eddy Curry deal was pretty bad having to give up multiple first rounders.

Unless there is a deal to move up and get LaMelo Ball....no deals.