Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 323 of 564 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373423 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 8451
  1. #4831
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,187
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I hear ya. Knox just needs to learn to play to his strengths. Heís good at moving without the ball, run more motion plays for him - back screens/back door, curls, double screens. He should be putting up 6+ threes a game. Let him run in transition/make our PG push the ball more in general.

    His weaknesses are playing with his head down/poor court vision/passing and forcing shots. He honestly shouldnít really be a ball in hand guy - heís more suited to catch and shoot and slashing/curling without the ball, although he does shoot well off the dribble. But even those instances need to be quick decisions and if he doesnít have the advantage over his defender he needs to learn to just pass it quickly and move.
    to me knox is a beast and he has potential to be better then mpj

    But idk if NY is for him I mean the kids from fl almost like a different world down there

    I don't think knox is mentally strong and built for nyc

  2. #4832
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,516
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    to me knox is a beast and he has potential to be better then mpj

    But idk if NY is for him I mean the kids from fl almost like a different world down there

    I don't think knox is mentally strong and built for nyc
    I would like to see Knox with a good coach and a legit PG.

    We now have the coaching with Thibs and Payne, let's see if we can get that PG.

    I expect them to be patient with Knox. That is one of the reasons Knicks hired Payne.

  3. #4833
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    I would like to see Knox with a good coach and a legit PG.

    We now have the coaching with Thibs and Payne, let's see if we can get that PG.

    I expect them to be patient with Knox. That is one of the reasons Knicks hired Payne.
    idk man he has really bad confidence issues to the point of if he don't start he doesn't contribute

    I mean the physical traits and skills are their he's literally almost a mpj clone but yet he can't put it together

    Imo he has the highest ceiling but he might just be Anthony Randolph 2.0

  4. #4834
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,041
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    idk man he has really bad confidence issues to the point of if he don't start he doesn't contribute

    I mean the physical traits and skills are their he's literally almost a mpj clone but yet he can't put it together

    Imo he has the highest ceiling but he might just be Anthony Randolph 2.0
    His court awareness with the ball in his hands is just bad. But off ball heís actually potentially really good, which is something weíve been missing forever. Him and if we keep Dot, those guys should be moving targets every play a la Kyle Korver. Thatís how you maximize those players.

  5. #4835
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    69,289
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Lol

  6. #4836
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    69,289
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    No way. Heís not getting 18 a year. Corona or not. And everyone keeps referring to not many teams with cap. So heís gonna try his luck? I highly doubt it

    And you think we are the only people who see heís playing better by being a 3rd or lesser option. What team really thinks heís the answer for them?
    Terry Rozier got $20M/year. If it wasnít for corona, THJ would get that easily with the shooting year heís having.

  7. #4837
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,041
    If we can get Bertans for significantly less than Gallo Iíd be for it. Definitely would help stretch the floor for us which is a big need.

  8. #4838
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,556
    Not sure why you guys want to sign avg players for a team that's going to lose badly next season?

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  9. #4839
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,516
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    If we can get Bertans for significantly less than Gallo Iíd be for it. Definitely would help stretch the floor for us which is a big need.
    I have been on the Bertans bandwagon for awhile now. We desperately need shooting.

  10. #4840
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,041
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Not sure why you guys want to sign avg players for a team that's going to lose badly next season?

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    Itís called team building. Recognizing areas that need vast improvement and being proactive about executing on it.

    Bertans shoots 43% from three on 9 attempts a game, and can stroke it out to damn near 30 feet. We were basically playing one out most of last year which is a big reason why we sucked so bad. Like it or not you need guys like Bertans. If we go into next season with Ball-FVV-RJ-Bertans-Mitch that team is not necessarily losing.

  11. #4841
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Let's not overrate DM. He is a very good player but the package you are suggesting would be for a player of CP in his prime caliber. Hard pass on basicaly giving everything up except Mitch.

    And on a side note, AD is better than DM...
    DM will give us a star ballhandler that we seriously lack in backcourt and will also help lure another star player via FA, for two star players any team would willingly give up a prospect like RJ plus multiple picks it's a no brainier. Up till now Tier A and B FA have avoided coming to NYK because of lack of star player on team.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  12. #4842
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,556
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Itís called team building. Recognizing areas that need vast improvement and being proactive about executing on it.

    Bertans shoots 43% from three on 9 attempts a game, and can stroke it out to damn near 30 feet. We were basically playing one out most of last year which is a big reason why we sucked so bad. Like it or not you need guys like Bertans. If we go into next season with Ball-FVV-RJ-Bertans-Mitch that team is not necessarily losing.
    In a market where this players will be overpaid at most your setting yourself up to be 23-40 win team kinda like zeke era.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  13. #4843
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,516
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Itís called team building. Recognizing areas that need vast improvement and being proactive about executing on it.

    Bertans shoots 43% from three on 9 attempts a game, and can stroke it out to damn near 30 feet. We were basically playing one out most of last year which is a big reason why we sucked so bad. Like it or not you need guys like Bertans. If we go into next season with Ball-FVV-RJ-Bertans-Mitch that team is not necessarily losing.
    I would sign up for that lineup right now.

  14. #4844
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    11,108
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Terry Rozier got $20M/year. If it wasnít for corona, THJ would get that easily with the shooting year heís having.
    Donít agree. Everyone has seen exactly what THJ is. No teams with cap would have paid him. Go look. And Roziers deal was considered quite the overpay, that even we didnít want to go near.

    Atlanta isnít signing him back. We arenít. Detroit needs all kinds of stuff, and they have Kennard. Charlotte has a backcourt. Miami, lol, they arenít signing him, and barely have enough to pay him what heís making now. And Phoenix doesnít need him, and also doesnít have money to give him more, even if they did want him

    You really think a team is going to cap themselves out, or make room to fit him in? I doubt it
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 08-12-2020 at 04:56 PM.

  15. #4845
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,187
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Not sure why you guys want to sign avg players for a team that's going to lose badly next season?

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    Thank God we still have some sensible posters it's like they don't get why we are in this mess in the firat place lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •