Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 564 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Good player, but not crying over him and there seems to be some issues.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Again this is pretty clear, and my thoughts now are if the Knicks wanted Dlo that badly they'd have him based on what GS got back.

I'm not buying they took the worst contract in the league just to unload him then asked the Knicks for the world.

Here is a question, isn't an expiring with a team option for next year better than Wiggins and his contract?

We could have given them our 2021 same protection so with the new lottery lets even call that even. They could have had Fran who only has one year left on his contract and Portis who I think brings a lot more to fit in GS and saved even more this year in lux and a heck of a lot more I the future.

so my take, Knicks with new people giving advise walked away, and GS was left with it's only option maybe the worst contract in the league.........

And I'm confused by the article, how is it now easy if a superstar becomes available that team is just going to take Wiggins and a 2021 pick and their late pick?

I think based on AD, PG13 etc that isn't getting it done..........GS in my opinion blew it and the Knicks backed out of all negotiations, keeping all their picks and young players.

Now if Minny don't win, who gets the blame?
    Minny has been thinking short term for 15 years now. I think Russell will bring some much needed excitement, and they are not a premier FA destination. Towns needs to step up and stop whining. Depending on what they put around those two, they should at least be competing for an 8th seed next year. If they aren't, Towns isn't that good

the home of Heavy D, Ben Gordon, Diddy, Denzel washington and me
    Very interesting...
    Thanks for sharing.
    Something doesn’t add up.
    They wanted more than Frank / trier / Portis / knox and a pick.../
    However, he was a nut case in GSW and they wanted to really get rid of him. But they are really so picky, they settle for Wiggins hmmmm

Russell is one of the most overrated players in the league. Of course they were desperate to get rid of him. Wiggins isn’t great, but he’ll fit better with them. Just because Russell resembles a star in this league, doesn’t mean that he is one.

I have to admit, I'm happy Russell ended up in Minnesota. It takes him coming here with Towns impossible. I always thought the only way this franchise is going to become a legit contender if by drafting and developing their own star. At least one. Like Miami did with Wade. Draft your star and then the second and third star will come. But you have to get that first one. Maybe RJ is that guy. I doubt it. Thankfully we have 7 picks over the next few years to get that star. But trying to sign or trade for that star hasn't worked and it won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by beagleboss View Post
    I have to admit, I'm happy Russell ended up in Minnesota. It takes him coming here with Towns impossible. I always thought the only way this franchise is going to become a legit contender if by drafting and developing their own star. At least one. Like Miami did with Wade. Draft your star and then the second and third star will come. But you have to get that first one. Maybe RJ is that guy. I doubt it. Thankfully we have 7 picks over the next few years to get that star. But trying to sign or trade for that star hasn't worked and it won't work.
    All facts. Knicks will need a homegrown foundation that will be an attraction to other players.

We would all like for it to be MULTIPLE PLAYERS, but likely they'll bank on RJ, trade multiple picks + Knox and Frank for another B star level player and start there. There are too many picks to roster, so we know this is coming.

I think it would be good for us to scour the league to find out who that guy is.

- of course, for free would be Brandon Ingram, but he's likely staying (as well as AD) and other FA are mediocre.

Now with this done let's build thru the draft and do some smarts signs

Best poster on PSD Douglas

I'm going to make up a plan...don't kill me

- #3. Pick - Knicks select Ball or Haliburton

- Knicks package #27 and #36 in draft to move up to #21 and Knicks select Jalen Smith

- Trade Randle and bring in Harrell from Clippers as FA (way less usage and better defense and aggressiveness, which should play REAL WELL in NY; Harrell next to Smith would provide enough spacing and shoot for today's NBA - where all 5 need to be a threat.)

- Trade Mitch in 3 way or for the best possible package {if he doesn't show ANY progress on Offense the rest of season. Which is why I said to draft Jalen Smith}

- Use those assets to pry away Buddy Hield (low level) or possibly (Booker high end)

Lineup: Smith (c), Harrell (PF), RJ (SF), Hield, (SG), Haliburton (PG)

1. Defense
    2. No ball stoppers
    3. IQ
    4. Should be good enough offensively to compete in east - depends how we fill out bench.
    Last edited by teddygreen17; 02-07-2020 at 07:34 PM.

Waiting for lamelo to Knicks hype on draft night.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by beagleboss View Post
    They only way that happens is if you got top three or top five picks. It’s not the only way but it gives you the highest probability. We drafted an allstar in KP, but we’re a stupid franchise because we only like to chase other team’s players. I think RJ is not bad, he may be an allstar one day or a very solid starter, but I don’t see a star.

Our problem is those #7 #8 picks. They’ve been garbage. We haven’t even turned them into role players that can be part of the future. This year we’re on the same path. We’re going from a bottom three record which gives us the best chance at a top 3 pick to possibly down to like #9 or 10. We’re not gonna find that player drafting that low. Idk why we love winning the title of meaningless games.

With all the picks that we have, we need to do what the mavs did. If we really like a player we need to package these picks and move up. If this year’s draft is weak then let’s package both of our first rounders from this year and maybe even throw a second in there for a young player that becomes available through trade.

the home of Heavy D, Ben Gordon, Diddy, Denzel washington and me
    Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    They only way that happens is if you got top three or top five picks. It’s not the only way but it gives you the highest probability. We drafted an allstar in KP, but we’re a stupid franchise because we only like to chase other team’s players. I think RJ is not bad, he may be an allstar one day or a very solid starter, but I don’t see a star.

Our problem is those #7 #8 picks. They’ve been garbage. We haven’t even turned them into role players that can be part of the future. This year we’re on the same path. We’re going from a bottom three record which gives us the best chance at a top 3 pick to possibly down to like #9 or 10. We’re not gonna find that player drafting that low. Idk why we love winning the title of meaningless games.

With all the picks that we have, we need to do what the mavs did. If we really like a player we need to package these picks and move up. If this year’s draft is weak then let’s package both of our first rounders from this year and maybe even throw a second in there for a young player that becomes available through trade.
    Our hopes for this team all lay on the broad shoulders of a 19 yr old right now.
    RJ has the tools to be good in this league.
    Many superstar players took two yrs or so to really show out. RJ has to just perfect his shot and make it consistently.
    Should that happen, he can be a 25+ point scorer a night.
    Shoot, he is averaging about 15 a game now and leaving about 5 points on the line.
    RJ and hopefully we draft a stud in the top 5 at the guard position and we have a nice 1-2 combo in the back and Mitch in the front court.

wouldn't mind signing Dragon Bender for the rest of the year, especially if we waive Portis. give him a tryout, nothing to lose.

Bender sucks though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    I'm going to make up a plan...don't kill me

- #3. Pick - Knicks select Ball or Haliburton

- Knicks package #27 and #36 in draft to move up to #21 and Knicks select Jalen Smith

- Trade Randle and bring in Harrell from Clippers as FA (way less usage and better defense and aggressiveness, which should play REAL WELL in NY; Harrell next to Smith would provide enough spacing and shoot for today's NBA - where all 5 need to be a threat.)

- Trade Mitch in 3 way or for the best possible package {if he doesn't show ANY progress on Offense the rest of season. Which is why I said to draft Jalen Smith}

- Use those assets to pry away Buddy Hield (low level) or possibly (Booker high end)

Lineup: Smith (c), Harrell (PF), RJ (SF), Hield, (SG), Haliburton (PG)

1. Defense
    2. No ball stoppers
    3. IQ
    4. Should be good enough offensively to compete in east - depends how we fill out bench.
    9th pick RJ Hampton thanks to the vets

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    9th pick RJ Hampton thanks to the vets
    RJ can be a real baller. I am much more worried about picking 15th