Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 283 of 488 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333383 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 7315
  1. #4231
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,015
    I would like to see the Knicks swoop in and throw a little money at Derrick Jones Jr and steal him from Miami. He wants to go back there but make him think about it.

  2. #4232
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,561
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    No he didn’t. He’s only shot that once in his whole career. And on barely any attempts. Both are non-factors from that range. Both are equally bad, non-threats from distance.

    As of right now, Frank is a non-factor on offense, and a good defender, and obviously younger. Payton is a better offensive player by a decent margin, and an average/slightly above average defender. Take your pick. And I don’t see how people can count on a G-Leaguer for anything significant.
    Rondo can atleast hit corner 3s

  3. #4233
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    49,682
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    No he didn’t. He’s only shot that once in his whole career. And on barely any attempts. Both are non-factors from that range. Both are equally bad, non-threats from distance.

    As of right now, Frank is a non-factor on offense, and a good defender, and obviously younger. Payton is a better offensive player by a decent margin, and an average/slightly above average defender. Take your pick. And I don’t see how people can count on a G-Leaguer for anything significant.
    This


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  4. #4234
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,015
    Minn is a joke. That team ought to be ashamed of themselves with all the talent they've had and have. I want nothing to do with Kat. Clearly he isn't the leader and force his numbers say he is.

    What happens when this team is sold?

  5. #4235
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,185
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    No he didn’t. He’s only shot that once in his whole career. And on barely any attempts. Both are non-factors from that range. Both are equally bad, non-threats from distance.

    As of right now, Frank is a non-factor on offense, and a good defender, and obviously younger. Payton is a better offensive player by a decent margin, and an average/slightly above average defender. Take your pick. And I don’t see how people can count on a G-Leaguer for anything significant.
    Rondo has several seasons where he shot around 35% from 3 on 2 attempts per game. His best season was in NO where he shot 37% on 3 attempts. Payton is nowhere close and is a horrible shooter all together. I trust Frank's shot over Payton's any day and I feel that Frank would score as much as Payton if given the minutes with shooters around him like Morris. Frank also throws more lobs to Mitch and plays better with Knox and RJ.

    Payton is trash which is why he has bounced around the NBA at such a young age.

    Now that we have Thibs... Sky is the limit

  6. #4236
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    49,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Rondo has several seasons where he shot around 35% from 3 on 2 attempts per game. His best season was in NO where he shot 37% on 3 attempts. Payton is nowhere close and is a horrible shooter all together. I trust Frank's shot over Payton's any day and I feel that Frank would score as much as Payton if given the minutes with shooters around him like Morris. Frank also throws more lobs to Mitch and plays better with Knox and RJ.

    Payton is trash which is why he has bounced around the NBA at such a young age.

    Now that we have Thibs... Sky is the limit
    Reminds me of your take on Randle’s three point shooting


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #4237
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Rondo has several seasons where he shot around 35% from 3 on 2 attempts per game. His best season was in NO where he shot 37% on 3 attempts. Payton is nowhere close and is a horrible shooter all together. I trust Frank's shot over Payton's any day and I feel that Frank would score as much as Payton if given the minutes with shooters around him like Morris. Frank also throws more lobs to Mitch and plays better with Knox and RJ.

    Payton is trash which is why he has bounced around the NBA at such a young age.

    Now that we have Thibs... Sky is the limit
    At that amount of attempts, a few percentage points is meaningless. He might hit an extra 3 more every 5 games lol. And you said he shoots 37% multiple times, which he hasn’t

    Payton played with the same roster. In 7 more minutes, he averaged 4 points and 4 assists more, playing with the same roster

    And you might trust Franks shot, but no one else does. He gets left wide open and bricks them. Just saying “he needs more minutes” doesn’t make it all better

    If Frank had Payton’s offensive game, he would be a starter no problem, flaws and all. Wouldn’t be a star or anything, but his overall game would be solid, and we wouldn’t be as desperate to find another PG. Hopefully we find something better, and don’t need to have these discussions
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-25-2020 at 02:17 PM.

  8. #4238
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,185
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Reminds me of your take on Randle’s three point shooting


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Randle shoots the 3 better than a lot of other PFs, Knicks fans are just starved for a superstar which Randle is not but I still think he is a good 3rd option on a good team which the Knicks aren't.

    Hopefully Thibs can change things and not ask Randle to bring the ball up like our last head coach did. Randle can be a key contributor if he has the right pg to set him up. Maybe one of Ball, Cole, Hayes, Kira will be that to help him and RJ take the right shots.

  9. #4239
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    49,682

    New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Randle shoots the 3 better than a lot of other PFs, Knicks fans are just starved for a superstar which Randle is not but I still think he is a good 3rd option on a good team which the Knicks aren't.

    Hopefully Thibs can change things and not ask Randle to bring the ball up like our last head coach did. Randle can be a key contributor if he has the right pg to set him up. Maybe one of Ball, Cole, Hayes, Kira will be that to help him and RJ take the right shots.
    Teams give Payton, Randle, Frank, and Rando any 3 point shot they want. None of them are good enough to be worth guarding out there

    This started with you saying Rondo would hit a 3 if you leave him. Again, no he won’t. He is left 100% of the time. He still barely takes any and shoots them poorly


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 07-25-2020 at 05:27 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  10. #4240
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,635
    The Knicks shouldn't be thinking about trading/signing any names. They should be thinking, "Y'know what bad contracts can we agree to take off the hands off some DUMB team that thinks they can attract a marque name?"

    For example, the Sixers are ONE injury away from imploding into a lottery team. Would the Knicks take Tobias Harris off their hands for THREE First Rounders? That frees up the cap space the Sixers need to go after a piece that actually compliments their team.

    The Washington Wizards would love to give away John Wall, who is looking vulneralbe like the wall Trump ok'd to build. The Knicks could easily get multiple first rounders for that lousy overrated player.

    What would the Pistons give up for Blake Griffin?

    Again, look at these teams who are willing to give away draft picks to dump bad salary. These future first rounders are how the Knicks are going to corner the draft and eventually find the transcendental player.

  11. #4241
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    The Knicks shouldn't be thinking about trading/signing any names. They should be thinking, "Y'know what bad contracts can we agree to take off the hands off some DUMB team that thinks they can attract a marque name?"

    For example, the Sixers are ONE injury away from imploding into a lottery team. Would the Knicks take Tobias Harris off their hands for THREE First Rounders? That frees up the cap space the Sixers need to go after a piece that actually compliments their team.

    The Washington Wizards would love to give away John Wall, who is looking vulneralbe like the wall Trump ok'd to build. The Knicks could easily get multiple first rounders for that lousy overrated player.

    What would the Pistons give up for Blake Griffin?

    Again, look at these teams who are willing to give away draft picks to dump bad salary. These future first rounders are how the Knicks are going to corner the draft and eventually find the transcendental player.
    I LOLD the sixers are a contender and Harris isn’t going to be given away let some with picks attached. Christ some people have no clue what they’re talking about.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  12. #4242
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,397
    John Walls contract? Yeah there isn’t enough picks in existence to make me want to take that on

    41/44/47 AND a 15% kicker?
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-25-2020 at 09:54 PM.

  13. #4243
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    I would like to see the Knicks swoop in and throw a little money at Derrick Jones Jr and steal him from Miami. He wants to go back there but make him think about it.
    I agree. I brought him and Chris Boucher up a little while ago as potential targets. I would also add Jerami Grant, Meyers Leonard, Bryn Forbes, Crowder, Saric, Giles, and Baynes. Thibs also had success with Augustin and he can shoot, so he might be someone to keep an eye on as well.

    I don’t think they will break the bank so players like these make sense. I think them signing Melo is a given at this point as long as he wants it.

    I can see them splurging ($17-20 million) on one player via trade or free agency. My candidates for that are Oladipo, Hield, LaVine, or FVV. This will allow them to still be big players in the 2021 free agency class. I think that’s what they’re eyeing and if AD signs a 1+1 this offseason, my money is on him.

    The only players currently on the roster that I think are most likely to be back next season are RJ, Mitch, Frank, and Bullock. Knox, Gibson and Randle are wildcards, but I don’t think the others will be on the team (not counting Iggy, Wooten, or Harper).
    Last edited by smood999; 07-25-2020 at 10:18 PM.

  14. #4244
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I LOLD the sixers are a contender and Harris isn’t going to be given away let some with picks attached. Christ some people have no clue what they’re talking about.
    The Sixers are already regretting the Tobias trade...AND the Al Horford signing. This is common knowledge. What planet are you from? Because every one knows this. lol.

    And the Sixers are going to suck. They were 8-9 right before the season was stopped due to COVID.

    Now, some fans ride Ben Simmons' sausage but anyone with an IQ knows that guy's jump shot has no range, no balls.

    Neither Tobias nor Horford play defense.

    It's never good when the Center, Joel Embiid has hit more 3-pointers in one season than the point guard has for his career.

    Who would be the Sixers' First Round opponent? Boston who is looking great now that Kyrie and Morris are GONE.

    The Sixers are ONE injury from returning to the lottery. And that's why the Knicks should take one of their bad contracts because ONLY FOOLS think they can go further than 1st round knock out.

    Sorry.

  15. #4245
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    The Sixers are already regretting the Tobias trade...AND the Al Horford signing. This is common knowledge. What planet are you from? Because every one knows this. lol.

    And the Sixers are going to suck. They were 8-9 right before the season was stopped due to COVID.

    Now, some fans ride Ben Simmons' sausage but anyone with an IQ knows that guy's jump shot has no range, no balls.

    Neither Tobias nor Horford play defense.

    It's never good when the Center, Joel Embiid has hit more 3-pointers in one season than the point guard has for his career.

    Who would be the Sixers' First Round opponent? Boston who is looking great now that Kyrie and Morris are GONE.

    The Sixers are ONE injury from returning to the lottery. And that's why the Knicks should take one of their bad contracts because ONLY FOOLS think they can go further than 1st round knock out.

    Sorry.
    Horford sure. Tobias? No lol he’s a top 7 SF depending on who you rank a SF in the league. He’s very good and a good fit there. They’re going to make a run this year and he’ll one lucky bounce last year from Leonard stopped them from a potential title. Stop the nonsense. They were 8-9 because Simmons was out lol like really come on what kind of nonsense is this. Yes Boston would be a tough matchup but I guarantee you they want 0 part of a healthy 76ers team in the first round. Guarantee that. Yeah every teams one ****ing injury from the lotto. Lol Lebron goes down La Lotto. Curry went down even if klay was healthy lotto. The clippers could probably make it because They are well coached and have a hell of a team. But really come on now lol you really think they’d need 3 first rounders to move harris? Hahahahaha. The notion they’d even need 1 to move him is hilarious.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •