Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 271 of 317 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 4741
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Works for me. But do you think we can really pull off something like that? Plus it is a gamble, as thereís no certainty we get up high enough to grab one with that second pick
    Yes I think we have the draft capital to trade up from 27 to around 15. I think at least one of Lewis, Nesmith, or Poku will be there. Or maybe even someone else who's stock has risen by draft night.
    Last edited by Garrett2010; 07-15-2020 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Because OKC needs SGA to become lead dog... Plain and simple and that isn't happening while CP3 still has a couple good years in him. Knicks need a good PG to teach whatever young PG we draft. SGA is going into his 3rd season plus they have Schroeder as his backup.

CP3 is a no lose for the Knicks because NOBODY better than him is coming to the Knicks in Free Agency so why not?

Knicks still have enough cap to re-up Dot and Sign Harris to a 12-15 million per contract. That team doesn't take away from the kids Thibs needs to develop like RJ and Knox and Frank still. It also gives guys like Iggy, Wooten and Harper a chance to see what they can do... Believe it or not I think Wooten will have the biggest impact out of the 3 G-league guys. He is a Kenyon Martin type athlete who only looks to play D, get rebounds and dunk out... He looks like a lot of fun ... Listen to some of the names of the guys whose shots he is blocking who came to the NBA and lit it up like Shake Milton and McDaniels.

https://youtu.be/TdntvZCtIEM
    SGA shot more, scored more, and played more than Paul last year, why would they need to dump him for nothing? They donít. SGA id growing just fine. Complete speculation that they have any motivation at all to deal him. Especially to just give him away

You assume no one is coming. I wouldnít. I would prefer to sign 2 guys with that money.

Itís also a massive stretch that youíre actually banking on G-Leaguers to actually be good. It could happen, sure. But actually counting on it, or counting on several of them at once is another thing all together
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-15-2020 at 06:56 AM.

Then throw in a Dallas first... No team is passing up the #27 pick this draft and possibly the #20-25 pick next draft for a #17 pick in this draft. Kira and Cole are being dramatically undersold... Use the eye test... Kira would be as good as Darren Collision was under CP3's tutoring. Kira is even faster than Collision was.
    I already said I like Kira. Liked him all along. Like him more than Cole. But is he still there at 17? Doubt that, stock seems to be rising. And the whole plan only works if we are drafting a PG. Sounds good in theory, but we wind up without one, itís a disaster.

In order to comfortably execute that whole thing, I think we need to be better than #17 with that next pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Yes I think we have the draft capital to trade up from 27 to around 15. I think at least one of Lewis, Nesmith, or Poku will be there. Or maybe even someone else who's stock has risen by draft night.
    But if we are drafting Deni, we have to come away with a PG with that second pick IMO. Itís a fail if we donít.

There has to be a guy on the roster who has a chance at being a long term PG solution. With all these potentially good ones this year, to not get one would be ridiculous

Realistic 2020-21 Roster and how the Knicks get there:

Leon Rose will hire Tom Thibodeau first...

Rose will then have Perry trade Julius Randle, DSJ and this years 2nd round pick for Chris Paul... Thibs will love coaching CP3, Frank and Mitch on defense...

Knicks unfortunately won't be able to draft LaMelo Ball...

Knicks will use their first pick on Deni because he is the type of player the Knicks have a history of drafting.

Knicks sign Joe Harris, Dotson and keep Taj Gibson in Free Agency...

Knicks bring up Iggy, Wooten, Harper from the Gleague and sign them to 2 year contracts with a team option...

Knicks add one Dallas pick along with the Clippers pick to move up and draft Kira Lewis at #17...

Start of 2020-21 season at Christmas this year:

CP3 / Kira / Harper
    RJ / Frank / Dotson
    Harris / Knox / Iggy
    Deni / Knox / Wooten
    Mitch / Taj / Wooten

Again don't undervalue what the Miami Heat did with G-league guys like Nunn and Robinson this season. Harper could easily be our Nunn and Joe Harris came from the D-league years ago.

Kira just turned 19 and would learn the NBA game under one of the greatest point guards of all time.

That is a good versatile defensive young team for Thibs to work with and development like he did that Bulls team.
    I like that team. Might be the first time you built a team I can get behind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

But if we are drafting Deni, we have to come away with a PG with that second pick IMO. Itís a fail if we donít.

There has to be a guy on the roster who has a chance at being a long term PG solution. With all these potentially good ones this year, to not get one would be ridiculous
    I think there is a good chance Cole or Lewis is there at 15. But I do agree about drafting a PG. We have to come away with a top 5 PG from the draft.

The only way I am ok with not drafting a PG is if Deni does fall to us and then with the second pick they take Nesmith because Cole/Lewis etc are not there. Deni does have good playmaking abilities and along with Nesmith they both have good shooting.

Then we get our PG in next years draft which will probably still be a high pick.
    Last edited by Garrett2010; 07-15-2020 at 08:39 AM.

I think there is a good chance Cole or Lewis is there at 15. But I do agree about drafting a PG. We have to come away with a top 5 PG from the draft.

The only way I am ok with not drafting a PG is if Deni does fall to us and then with the second pick they take Nesmith because Cole/Lewis etc are not there. Deni does have good playmaking abilities and along with Nesmith they both have good shooting.

Then we get our PG in next years draft which will probably still be a high pick.
    I just donít like the idea of putting it off another year. We have needed a fix forever, and PG isnít one we likely find anywhere but the draft. SG, there are competent options out there.

Admittedly, I need to look more into the next draft, but from most of the things Iíve heard, not expected to be deep at PG. So that forces our hands even more.

I like Nesmith, I even like Poku. But there needs to be a PG taken. If thereís not as close to a feeling that you can move up high enough to get your guy with that second one, canít do it. And just to play devils advocate, why give up a pick in the next draft, which is said to be a good, deep one
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-15-2020 at 08:50 AM.

I just donít like the idea of putting it off another year. We have needed a fix forever, and PG isnít one we likely find anywhere but the draft. SG, there are competent options out there.

Admittedly, I need to look more into the next draft, but from most of the things Iíve heard, not expected to be deep at PG. So that forces our hands even more.
    Yeah but consider this. We will be terrible again this year. Which means we will be in the lotto once again. Even if the draft isn't deep at PG we will be picking high enough to get one of the few good ones available.

Right now this is a team starved without talent. If the best way to get the most talent is not take a PG this year for other positions, and take one next year I am willing to bite the bullet.

Yeah but consider this. We will be terrible again this year. Which means we will be in the lotto once again. Even if the draft isn't deep at PG we will be picking high enough to get one of the few good ones available.

Right now this is a team starved without talent. If the best way to get the most talent is not take a PG this year for other positions, and take one next year I am willing to bite the bullet.
    Then you basically commit to taking one again, and totally disregarding BPA. In this case, thereís very little separation between most of the guys in the lottery. Now is the time to do it IMO. Also, Iím very much in favor of signing a guy right now that fills a hole for another 3/4 years, preferably at SG. Which negates some of the need for drafting one

If we arenít doing it, I start inquiring if Schroder is available
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-15-2020 at 09:06 AM.

Then you basically commit to taking one again, and totally disregarding BPA. In this case, thereís very little separation between most of the guys in the lottery. Now is the time to do it IMO. Also, Iím very much in favor of signing a guy right now that fills a hole for another 3/4 years, preferably at SG. Which negates some of the need for drafting one

If we arenít doing it, I start inquiring if Schroder is available
    Not really because next years draft is already being touted as much stronger than this year's. I'm sure the top PGs next year are just as good if not better then the ones this year.

Not really because next years draft is already being touted as much stronger than this year's. I'm sure the top PGs next year are just as good if not better then the ones this year.
    You're making too many assumptions here. Yes, the draft next year is slated to be much better. However, it's going to be slim pickings if you're looking for a PG. Cade Cunningham is a PG and arguably the best player in the draft, but you're only getting him with a top 3 pick, if that (which we can never seem to get). After Cade, you're looking at maybe late lottery/early post-lottery guys like Daishen Nix and Caleb Love. And then there's not much after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    You're making too many assumptions here. Yes, the draft next year is slated to be much better. However, it's going to be slim pickings if you're looking for a PG. Cade Cunningham is a PG and arguably the best player in the draft, but you're only getting him with a top 3 pick, if that (which we can never seem to get). After Cade, you're looking at maybe late lottery/early post-lottery guys like Daishen Nix and Caleb Love. And then there's not much after that.
    Yeah but if next years draft is much stronger than those PGs who are taken late lottery would probably be early lottery projections this year.

Yeah but if next years draft is much stronger than those PGs who are taken late lottery would probably be early lottery projections this year.
    To be honest, I don't know much about Nix or Love. I do believe Cade Cunningham would go #1 in this draft though. I think banking on drafting a PG next year when there are only two potential options for where we're picking, and in a year where the wings are going to be far and away better than the wings in this draft, is not smart.

You think Deni or Toppin are good? I'm thinking they're not even close to top 5 picks in next year's draft. Why not draft a PG in this draft where there are plenty of options and the talent level is largely the same, and then have the flexibility to go BPA next year when the talent level is higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    To be honest, I don't know much about Nix or Love. I do believe Cade Cunningham would go #1 in this draft though. I think banking on drafting a PG next year when there are only two potential options for where we're picking, and in a year where the wings are going to be far and away better than the wings in this draft, is not smart.

You think Deni or Toppin are good? I'm thinking they're not even close to top 5 picks in next year's draft. Why not draft a PG in this draft where there are plenty of options and the talent level is largely the same, and then have the flexibility to go BPA next year when the talent level is higher.
    Just for the record, I want a PG as much as anyone. I am just saying we are not in a position to be picky. A player like Deni I have rated higher than any PG not named Ball. We have so many needs we can't afford to reach.

If there is an option where we get overall more talent we need to go for it and fill the PG need later.

And I agree about Cunningham. I would easily take him over any PG this year including Ball.

I know it's early but here is SI rankings of PGs in the 2021 draft. Rankings is overall position, not just PGs.

Cunningham rank 1
    Nix 6
    Love 13

Daishen Nix
    It would be a mistake to view Nix, a former UCLA commit, as a complementary addition to the G Leagueís program, as heís an extremely gifted playmaker and tough competitor whoís simply had a less-magnified platform than many of his peers over the past couple of years.

A native of Alaska, Nix played high school ball in Las Vegas and didnít play on a sneaker-sponsored AAU team, which cut down on his national exposure somewhat. But his feel for the game is on par with anyone in this draft class, and heís an unselfish, heady decision-maker who simply finds ways to win games. Nix has particularly special feet for a bigger guard, and a thicker build that should allow for some defensive versatility. Nix will have to keep improving as a jump shooter and continue to iron out his finishing against bigger bodies, but both but both those things have been trending in the right direction.

With the way NBA offenses continue to trend, there should be a premium on big playmaking guards, and Nix has a chance to become a very good one in relatively short order. The debate here will surround ceiling, not floor.

Caleb Love
    Love continues to make big strides as a lead guard and has the requisite size, vision and end-to-end speed to excel in that role in the pros. He faces a bit of a tall task coming in to lead a North Carolina team likely to feature multiple bigs, where spacing might become an issue. But heís a gifted transition player and clean shooter who simply needs to keep refining his decision-making skills to prove he can play the point long-term. Improving his handle to better change gears off the dribble is key to maximizing his above-average tools. But heís big, fast and competes hard, and he has made strides in terms of processing whatís in front of him.

Love projects as one of the more intriguing long-term backcourt players in this class, and heíll have a big platform to make the leap into the lottery with consistent play. How he stacks up with recent North Carolina point guards remains to be seen.

SI

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....am-jalen-green