Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 79 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2551
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    THJ wasnít even that bad. Was hurt a bunch, and playing by himself. He had stretches though where he looked legit. Obviously not a defensive stopper

Main issue was we bid against no one, and overpaid by several Mil a year. Which is exactly why we shouldnít say ďitís only a few million, whatís the differenceĒ
    Not bad, just overpaid and miscast like most Knicks players over the last two decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Anyone arguing that Payton doesn't get his teammates involved, isn't paying attention.
    absolutely, Lebron don't run the stupid offense the Knicks run with handoffs that most fans don't know count in the 29% of their passes.

You think these guys don't watch the games? What does Randle to do? He gives a half as s pick which forces payton to give him the ball because he don't roll, he don't move to the corner he just stands there, and clogs it up, then he gets the ball back, folks in every set that is one pass in both directions,

Honestly I'm quite surprised it's that low..........It is has our coaching staff wanted it, I watched Payton.

3 guys stood there and Randle just stood there giving no option but give me the ball. If he had no moves or didn't turn it over or saw he was defended again three guys don't move and Payton got the ball back.

This has to be the worse stat I've ever seen to try and qualify anything......the team stunk, the offense did not move and Randle was a hog and selfish.

I agree with Shady on Timmy, he was definitely overpaid but he showed he could be legit when not hurt, always liked Timmy, and when he left he was just so pro. Wish he had more def skills though.

New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

Well THJ was a restricted FA so it makes sense that the Knicks offered something the Hawks werenít going to match. We obviously viewed him as a key piece to the puzzle at the time, and $17.5M wasnít going to stop us from adding talent. We just gave him and KP away for false hope and disappointment.

Iíd offer Beasley a similar contract in a heartbeat along with Wood. Iíd rather have those two for $35M between them than $35M for one non-elite max player. But thatís just me, Iím sure others will disagree. We need a build a deep team with talent.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Well THJ was a restricted FA so it makes sense that the Knicks offered something the Hawks werenít going to match. We obviously viewed him as a key piece to the puzzle at the time, and $17.5M wasnít going to stop us from adding talent. We just gave him and KP away for false hope and disappointment.

Iíd offer Beasley a similar contract in a heartbeat along with Wood. Iíd rather have those two for $35M between them than $35M for one non-elite max player. But thatís just me, Iím sure others will disagree. We need a build a deep team with talent.
    I just don't see that getting it done. I think we'd be doing MIN a favor and they'd gladly match. Beasely is younger, better, more durable, and a better defender. And the cap has gone up. So a similar contract by today;s cap would be about $20m per year, but Beasely should get more, he's just a better player period. I think we'd have to come close to maxing him. but it's worth it. he can flat out shoot and score and fits the modern game. there aren't any fit issues, or questions about whether his shot is for real. It's like getting another top 5 pick for nothing but money.

As much heat as THJR took he will get a similar $18m per year contract, it wasn't the albatross some made it out to be, and truth be told, when was the last time we signed a better player who was 24 at the time and in his prime? Allan Houston maybe in '96? I honestly can't remember.

Iíd go right in with a 4/90 offer for Beasley. I think thatís a deal that makes MIN think hard about it, and wonít hurt too bad for us. I want him, but not on a massive overpay

3/45 for Wood

That would put the 2 of them at a total average hit of 37M. More than tolerable..

Iíd go right in with a 4/90 offer for Beasley. I think thatís a deal that makes MIN think hard about it, and wonít hurt too bad for us. I want him, but not on a massive overpay

3/45 for Wood

That would put the 2 of them at a total average hit of 37M. More than tolerable..
    that's just about what I'd offer for Beasely, he's worth more than Brogdon so I might go around 4/100m.

Wood I'd pass on, just don't see it. If we got Beasely, go after a tough, high IQ stretch 4 like Saric instead for around $10m. Of course guys like Gallo would be higher on list but he'll cost a lot.

Fantasy Land scenario: Knicks wind up w/ Toppin in draft, Sign Hayward, and trade for CP3

CP3.....Payton
    RJ....Bullock
    Hayward.....Knox....Iggnasty
    Obi.....Wooten
    Mitch.....Taj

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Fantasy Land scenario: Knicks wind up w/ Toppin in draft, Sign Hayward, and trade for CP3

CP3.....Payton
    RJ....Bullock
    Hayward.....Knox....Iggnasty
    Obi.....Wooten
    Mitch.....Taj
    Fantasy? Whoís?

I really hope the team looks nothing like that

What are you suggesting to give for Hayward? Assets of any kind? Would have to, otherwise why does Boston trade him?

How much are we getting to take CP3? The time to do that, if we were even entertaining it, was last season when he was traded first. Still makes little sense for us, except now OKC wouldnít be as inclined to pay up to move him
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-05-2020 at 01:10 PM.

At this point id love to trade for hield after seeing how much of a disaster we could potentially get into overpaying for beasley wood or hayward

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    At this point id love to trade for hield after seeing how much of a disaster we could potentially get into overpaying for beasley wood or hayward
    Only problem, Hield costs more than money..

Is he worth a player plus a 1st or more to you?

Only problem, Hield costs more than money..

Is he worth a player plus a 1st or more to you?
    As long as we dont give up mitch or rj sure why not

We should draft LaMelo Ball and do what needs to be done to get him on draft night. Golden State looks like a great trade partner that will be looking to move down in the draft. Hopefully we wonít need to make a trade but I think LaMelo is worth moving up. He has the ability to make people better around him and IĎm in the belief that heís going to be a good shooter with a little work like his brother had to do.

Total cap 45mil

Iím giving Malik Beasley 4 years 90mil
    Josh Jackson 3 years 30mil

Sign and trade Montrezl Harris for Julius Randle

Trade for Lauri Markkanen - Dennis Smith, Kevin Knox, Dallas 2021 pick

Hire Tom Thibodeau

PG LaMelo Ball - Frank Ntilikina
    SG Malik Beasley - Reggie Bullock
    SF RJ Barrett - Josh Jackson
    PF Lauri Markkanen - Taj Gibson
    C Montrezl Harris - Mitchell Robison

Quote Originally Posted by 2010 or Bust View Post
    We should draft LaMelo Ball and do what needs to be done to get him on draft night. Golden State looks like a great trade partner that will be looking to move down in the draft. Hopefully we wonít need to make a trade but I think LaMelo is worth moving up. He has the ability to make people better around him and IĎm in the belief that heís going to be a good shooter with a little work like his brother had to do.

Total cap 45mil

Iím giving Malik Beasley 4 years 90mil
    Josh Jackson 3 years 30mil

Sign and trade Montrezl Harris for Julius Randle

Trade for Lauri Markkanen - Dennis Smith, Kevin Knox, Dallas 2021 pick

Hire Tom Thibodeau

PG LaMelo Ball - Frank Ntilikina
    SG Malik Beasley - Reggie Bullock
    SF RJ Barrett - Josh Jackson
    PF Lauri Markkanen - Taj Gibson
    C Montrezl Harris - Mitchell Robison
    Why donít we just trade Frank for Lillard or Curry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Why donít we just trade Frank for Lillard or Curry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eh, we could probably get more for Frank...