Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 74 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2613
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Mitch is super athletic, but Wood is even more athletic. That’s scary.

https://youtu.be/9-dDko_Cc5c?t=20 (dunked on Adams too)
    https://youtu.be/9Ezo4IxlVEs?t=76 (2 blocks on Embiid in this game too)

Mitch can’t do this. Wood moves like he’s 6’5”
    Your concept of athleticism is off. What you're highlighting is someone who has more offensive skill, not someone who is more athletic.

You can easily flip this on the other end of the court where Wood doesn't move as well as Mitch.

https://youtu.be/sOYZy3Gmhv4?t=200

You can’t look at that play and say he’s doesn’t move like some 6’5” dudes do. You’re gonna say he moves like Bobby Portis (who’s the same height) instead? Wood’s athleticism is absolutely off-the- charts.

His ability to shoot and dribble from the perimeter and on fast breaks so fluidity makes him a better overall athlete. Wood and Mitch basically have the same body, Mitch is just 2 inches taller.

I’m not Wood’s agent, but I think he’s gonna be the best FA in this draft class (that actually makes it to FA) who can be had for the best value due to his lack of NBA time and sample size. He has the goods.
    It just means that Mitch doesn't have offensive skill.

Yup 100% agreed. Wood’s shooting talent is really being underrated here too. He’s a tremendous fit next to Mitch. Our defense would be so much better with those two guys and we’d finally have spacing.
    teams don't win with 2 big men, this is a wing & guards league now.

How would we finally have spacing with Mitch who cant shoot and Wood who is average on low volume and 75% of his FGA's are 2's?

I think this thread is going to look really silly a year from now. Wood isn't anywhere near this star player you are making him out to be. Context matters, Beasely was putting up big numbers for us a few years ago and is out of the league now. Burke too is out of the league and he was putting up numbers including a 42 point game.

Wood has shown he can score, but he doesnt rebound, doesn't pass, doesn't block shots... and has a questionable 3pt shot and IQ. we literally have this version of a player in Randle, and Randle at least rebounds and gets some assists.

I think he's a bit of a tweener, not quick enough for modern 4's but not a good enough rim protector to play the 5. if we signed him we'd be his 6th team in 5 years, how many good players really bounced around that much?

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Your concept of athleticism is off. What you're highlighting is someone who has more offensive skill, not someone who is more athletic.

You can easily flip this on the other end of the court where Wood doesn't move as well as Mitch.
    It just means that Mitch doesn't have offensive skill.
    Thank you Smood.

Mitch is locked up for next two years at 1.6 and 1.8m that is a grand total of 3.4m for next two years if he doesn't agree to the Knicks extension price.........key words is Knicks not players or his agent, that ship sailed when he previously signed for the terrible deal.

You don't pay a guy locked in for next two seasons under 2m for 15-20m that would be simply crazy. The math just don't work so what do you get an additional year or two then he's a FA?

You extend him after the season for 3 years at 8-10 mil. So lets use the middle at 9m that is 27m.

If he wants more you hold him with his bird rights and even if he leaves after two season for 20m that means in three seasons he makes 23.4m a 3.6m hit and risk of injury in year three not getting that 20m.

Then after the Knicks have a set roster after his 3rd year's extension pending on his development then you can go over the cap to lock him up for next 4-5 years.

He is in absolutely no position to demand anywhere near numbers being thrown out there........

And if the Knicks are serious about 2021 then they wait one more season and use his extremely low cap hold and after FA then give him a 4-5 year extension locking him in after another season of proving himself.

I'd prefer the latter, and then if we do use our cap in 2021 who cares what we give Mitch, we just keep him.

New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

I believe that I am an excellent judge of athleticism. Fluidity in the hips and knees allows you to be a better dribbler and ball-handler too. Not just skill. That fluidity makes you a better overall athlete. A lot of big men aren’t capable of being good ball-handlers because of their physical limitations.

And Wood moves just as fast (if not faster) on defense, he just doesn’t quite have Mitch’s elite defensive instincts and timing on blocked shots. Wood is more than capable of guarding the perimeter. The idea that he’s a slow, plodding PF is outrageous. His closeouts for someone at 6’10” are really good.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    teams don't win with 2 big men, this is a wing & guards league now.

How would we finally have spacing with Mitch who cant shoot and Wood who is average on low volume and 75% of his FGA's are 2's?

I think this thread is going to look really silly a year from now. Wood isn't anywhere near this star player you are making him out to be. Context matters, Beasely was putting up big numbers for us a few years ago and is out of the league now. Burke too is out of the league and he was putting up numbers including a 42 point game.
    Not sure what you consider a big. Is Giannis a big at 6’11” 242 lbs?

We would have finally have spacing because Wood can stand on the perimeter most of the time when he’s playing with Mitch. He doesn’t need to be in the post every time to score. He can shoot threes and drive effectively from the perimeter (they need to respect his shot).

Wood was averaging about 4 attempts as a starter but he can easily take 1-2 more 3s a game if needed. How much more volume from 3 do you want from your PF? If he can get an easier shot at the basket, that makes sense because he shot 64% on 2s and got to the FT line.

Burke had unsustainable performance [46% on jumpshots including 64/115 (57%) on long 2s] which helped his TS% and overall performance. Not to mention he’s a liability on defense and he started his season in January that year. He’s still been solid when he’s gotten playing time though. Nothing Beasley did as a 29 year old is comparable to Wood in any way, shape, or form.

Wood has shown he can score, but he doesnt rebound, doesn't pass, doesn't block shots... and has a questionable 3pt shot and IQ. we literally have this version of a player in Randle, and Randle at least rebounds and gets some assists.

I think he's a bit of a tweener, not quick enough for modern 4's but not a good enough rim protector to play the 5. if we signed him we'd be his 6th team in 5 years, how many good players really bounced around that much?
    Yes, Wood can absolutely score. 22 PPG on less than 14 FG attempts per 36 mins last season. Doesn’t rebound? His TRB% was higher than Mitch last season and 10.6 RPG per 36 mins. This is a guy who doesn’t spend the entire game in the paint too.

Doesn’t pass? That’s really nitpicking. He was by far the best scoring option and most efficient player on the team. Why should he pass more? His teammates were awful and the team was vastly better with him on the court. 1.5 BPG per 36 is really solid for a stretch PF/C.

There’s nothing questionable about his 3PT shot other than sample size. He has a smooth and natural-looking stroke and I’ve seen him make some very difficult contested 3s.

No player is perfect and I’m sure he can continue to improve his BBIQ. But I don’t think there’s anything to suggest he doesn’t make the right plays on both ends of the court (+10.9 On/Off).

Wood is what we hoped Randle would be and then some. Wood is a natural PF who can definitely play C in today’s NBA as well. Steven Adams and Noel were no match guarding him. A Christian Wood doesn’t come around in FA often. Players of this talent usually get the max, but because he’s not proven over a larger sample size, whoever signs him will get the best value signing in years.

That post ended up being much longer than I intended, but the fact that Wood has bounced around and is still in the NBA is testament to Wood’s perseverance and talent after being undrafted.

It’s always an uphill battle for undrafted players to make it big in the NBA. But Wood didn’t go undrafted because of talent, he went undrafted because he didn’t hire an agent until last minute and as a result was unprepared for draft workouts (14.7% body fat). Also he was a tall and skinny kid with some maturity issues who people thought should stay another year in college.

Now that he’s about to get paid, it seems that everything worked out in the end for him.

“Some Knicks, including rookie RJ Barrett, were frustrated by Randle’s penchant for not distributing the ball quickly enough and dribbling too much, according to two sources familiar with the situation.”

“A lot of players felt like that with the exception of Elfrid Payton”
    why doesn't this surprise me... can't believe people defended the Payton & Randle show until the very last game.

why doesn't this surprise me... can't believe people defended the Payton & Randle show until the very last game.

This. Get them both outa here.

Get a stretch 4 and a pg.

Cole Anthony
    Frank
    RJ
    Pf? I understand about Bertans but I worry about his defense and Reb iq.
    Mitch

But this team has some balance... Probably would need to bring back Dot. Need some Def off the bench {including real backup c}

at this point I doubt Payton is back, he was Perry's boy and Perry is a goner, and with the cap liking going down, $9m for a backup PG is absurd for a team that has so many other pressing needs and already has Frank & DSJR who can play that role.

but it really was such a waste prioritizing Payton, none of the youngins flourished, it's not like he was helping our youth, if anything guys like Mitch, RJ, & Frank suffered for it. Just never made any sense to sign him, but we continued to dig the hole deeper in our ever ending search of 25 wins. Another wasted season prioritizing archaic players who had no future here.

at this point I doubt Payton is back, he was Perry's boy and Perry is a goner, and with the cap liking going down, $9m for a backup PG is absurd for a team that has so many other pressing needs and already has Frank & DSJR who can play that role.

but it really was such a waste prioritizing Payton, none of the youngins flourished, it's not like he was helping our youth, if anything guys like Mitch, RJ, & Frank suffered for it. Just never made any sense to sign him, but we continued to dig the hole deeper in our ever ending search of 25 wins. Another wasted season prioritizing archaic players who had no future here.
    Facts. And I hope people starting to see the value of Frank. Having him on the team allows you to pay vet minimum prices for guard play off the bench. Because you can have Frank play backup guard and backup point guard and even some backup small forward. And you know he knows what he's doing so his plus-minus will help you greatly off the Bench and will help you stay in games as a team that will soon contend for the 8th seed

Still think the issue with Randle is that he was put in a position to be the top option. These things didn’t seem to be as big of an issue in New Orleans because he came off the bench. That article touches on that as well.

If he were just flat out bad, I’d be for dumping him. They just need better players to put him in a better position to help the team. By the time that happens, he’ll likely be gone anyway. I just don’t want them to force the issue and trade him for someone like Rozier who also needs to be put in a specific role to succeed.