Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 411 of 481 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411412413421461 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,165 of 7204
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    The issue though, is if they trade Middleton, they are getting worse. Paul and Giannis aren’t winning anything. They need him. He’s just overpaid. They also made a mistake letting Brogdon go
    not to mention Middleton is durable, CP3 could easily miss 20-30 games at this stage. that trade could easily make them worse and older.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    The issue though, is if they trade Middleton, they are getting worse. Paul and Giannis aren’t winning anything. They need him. He’s just overpaid
    They will trying to get rid of salary moving forward more than just winning. They can’t get both winning and upgrading, not with that roster. It will take blowing it all up for 21-22, going into 21-22 they can be with just Paul, Giannis and Donte. There won’t be anyone else on the roster, the last 2 season having the best record didn’t produce anything. So you get rid of everyone with salary and start over Giannis is 25 not 35 not even 28 yet. I think he knows it has to be stripped down to rebuild hence unfollowing everyone since nobody is safe this offseason if he want to stay.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

After 21-22 season the highest salary on Mil will just be Giannis going forward. That leaves them being players every year after for FA’s
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

DO NOT read the article on the Athletic today about potential trades for CP3. Holy hell, those would be some of the worst trades I've ever seen.

I'll put the potential trades here:

Initial ask from OKC:

Knicks get: Chris Paul
    Thunder get: Julius Randle, Elfrid Payton, Frank Ntilikina, Kevin Knox

If there is a trade market for CP3:

Knicks get: Paul
    Thunder get: Ntilikina, Reggie Bullock, No. 27 overall pick in 2020

The "Godfather" offer in case the market for CP3 heats up significantly:

Knicks get: Paul, Hamidou Diallo
    Thunder get: Ntilikina, Bullock, Knox, No. 27 in 2020 and the Mavs 2021 first-round pick (lottery protected)

ugh... this is really happening isn't it? Watch CP3 come here and miss 20-30 games and fall off a cliff. Guy has a TON of miles on him and will be 36. The fall can and does usually hit hard and fast.

I would be very surprised if Mill traded Middleton. I know he has a monster contract, but Giannis loves him. He even came out and said publicly they had to resign him.

I think Paul to Mill makes a lot of sense, but so does keeping Middleton. If they can pull that off they are a legit contender.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    ugh... this is really happening isn't it? Watch CP3 come here and miss 20-30 games and fall off a cliff. Guy has a TON of miles on him and will be 36. The fall can and does usually hit hard and fast.
    I'm afraid so. We just have to hope the cost to trade for him is minimal.

Randle, Payton, DSJ, and one of Knox/Frank is the absolute max I'd be willing to go. Even that is kind of outrageous for a 36 year old PG on his last legs, being paid $40M+.

If we pay more than that, I don't know... I'd hope Brock Aller and Walt Perrin would step in and say what the **** are you thinking Leon?!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Randle, Payton, DSJ, and one of Knox/Frank is the absolute max I'd be willing to go. Even that is kind of outrageous for a 36 year old PG on his last legs, being paid $40M+.

If we pay more than that, I don't know... I'd hope Brock Aller and Walt Perrin would step in and say what the **** are you thinking Leon?!
    Knox and Randle and a 2nd is the most I would give up. They get 16 mill off their books this year and possibly another 14 to 20 mill off the following year. If that is not enough they can kick rocks.

Knox & Randle is more than fair for both sides if we really have to make this trade

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Also, everyone seems to ignore a part of the reason he was looking so good, is that he could chill, play off ball, and benefit from the guard depth/quality OKC had. No such luck here

Lmao, if Mgt makes a move for CP3 and they give up more than Randle and DSjr, they will once again make themselves the laughing stock of the NBA. What will CP3 enable us to do other than hurt chances at a higher draft pick? Groundhog Day in NY

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    DO NOT read the article on the Athletic today about potential trades for CP3. Holy hell, those would be some of the worst trades I've ever seen.

I'll put the potential trades here:

Initial ask from OKC:

Knicks get: Chris Paul
    Thunder get: Julius Randle, Elfrid Payton, Frank Ntilikina, Kevin Knox

If there is a trade market for CP3:

Knicks get: Paul
    Thunder get: Ntilikina, Reggie Bullock, No. 27 overall pick in 2020

The "Godfather" offer in case the market for CP3 heats up significantly:

Knicks get: Paul, Hamidou Diallo
    Thunder get: Ntilikina, Bullock, Knox, No. 27 in 2020 and the Mavs 2021 first-round pick (lottery protected)
    Oh man..

I wouldn’t even do that first one..don’t want to do any

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Lmao, if Mgt makes a move for CP3 and they give up more than Randle and DSjr, they will once again make themselves the laughing stock of the NBA. What will CP3 enable us to do other than hurt chances at a higher draft pick? Groundhog Day in NY
    This.

Well get ready for CP3's name in the big lights... looks like Rose's top priority is getting CP even having to ship out the two Kentucky guards (Randle and Knox) after he just hired the Kentucky development Guru...

https://dailyknicks.com/2020/09/15/k...m_medium=email