Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 410 of 481 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412420460 ... LastLast
Results 6,136 to 6,150 of 7204
    Mil has to trade Middleton, Lopez, Bledsoe and Hill to make any serious moves. The last 3 are the ones they will have to attach picks to for someone to take them not so much Hill but Lopez and Bledsoe.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    There's literally nothing CP3 could do to impact his legacy more, than to win a championship. He's my favorite player in the league and no facilitator does it better but I don't want this team to rely on CP3. Who are we giving up in this scenario and will this COST us something other than money? If that's the case, Im out.
    Not true, I could see CP one day wanting to be a coach like Jason Kidd. Kidd used his time in New York as a leader and led to a coaching job immediately after he retired. That is all part of your legacy!

CP3 is already the top NBA commercial guy, imagine how that brand explodes in New York especially if they start winning.

Like Billy Donovan said.... CP3 totally changed the culture of OKC... he could do the same along with Thibs and Woody with the Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Not really true, if OKC takes on Middleton he is the only long term contract. Adams & Schroeder is an expiring contract this year, if they pursue rebuilding they will move Adams along with Schroeder. OKC salary commitment for 21-22 minus Paul is 8mil (SGA and Bazley team options)

Trading away Adams and Schroeder clears 43 mil, and both are 27 & 26 so they have value and can obtain more picks. Taking on Middleton won’t mean **** to them, they don’t have a coach so they can commit to a rebuild. Taking Middleton is trading a 35yr old for a 29 year old who is still moveable later on.
    I understand what your saying, so maybe it's net neutral for OKC either way, but to Mil, trading Middleton vs scenario i laid out forces 35yo Paul to be your #2 scorer...

That's not ideal imo...

If they keep Middleton, sure they'd have to fill the bench with 1 MLE, league mins and the 27th pick..

Maybe that makes it harder to achieve the #1 seed...

Again not ideal, but it leaves them with a better playoff team imo; which is only reason for this trade in the 1st place...

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Not true, I could see CP one day wanting to be a coach like Jason Kidd. Kidd used his time in New York as a leader and led to a coaching job immediately after he retired. That is all part of your legacy!

CP3 is already the top NBA commercial guy, imagine how that brand explodes in New York especially if they start winning.

Like Billy Donovan said.... CP3 totally changed the culture of OKC... he could do the same along with Thibs and Woody with the Knicks.
    I wish you were right, but CP3 needs a chip before he hangs it up...

He'll NEVER be considered #1 PG of all time without one...

That's his legacy, he's done everything in his career except that...

Donte is the Middleton replacement for 30 mil less. Mil is going back to bringing in a facilitator to take the burden off Giannis as the playmaker and bringing in more shooters.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

Donte is the Middleton replacement for 30 mil less. Mil is going back to bringing in a facilitator to take the burden off Giannis as the playmaker and bringing in more shooters.
    I like Donte for our timeline, but for him to become #2/#3 scorer on a championship team is a big ask/leap...

George Hill, Ersan Ilyasova, Robin Lopez are all replaceable role players...

Donte and Bledsoe for CP3 is the base level talent swap...

I think that's a bigger jump forward for this upcoming year (Giannis' potential walk year) then Middleton for CP3...

Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    I wish you were right, but CP3 needs a chip before he hangs it up...

He'll NEVER be considered #1 PG of all time without one...

That's his legacy, he's done everything in his career except that...
    Even if he wins a chip now he won't be a main player on a contender so it won't mean the same. He would be Gary Payton on Miami which didn't change his legacy at all. CP3 will never be the top pg ... He is nowhere near Magic, Kidd, Steph maybe more on a Steve Nash level. Still great and a great leader, that's why the Knicks need him so don't be surprised if his longtime agent Leon Rose (who got him all those endorsement deals) doesn't talk him into coming to New York so his brand can be streaming in Times Square constantly. NBA is a business my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Even if he wins a chip now he won't be a main player on a contender so it won't mean the same. He would be Gary Payton on Miami which didn't change his legacy at all. CP3 will never be the top pg ... He is nowhere near Magic, Kidd, Steph maybe more on a Steve Nash level. Still great and a great leader, that's why the Knicks need him so don't be surprised if his longtime agent Leon Rose (who got him all those endorsement deals) doesn't talk him into coming to New York so his brand can be streaming in Times Square constantly. NBA is a business my friend.
    What about if he gets Mil over the top?

After this horrendous playoff run by them... It would mean A LOT

What about if he gets Mil over the top?

After this horrendous playoff run by them... It would mean A LOT
    Nah. Still no good. And there’s no chance he’s ever a top 10 player.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Nah. Still no good. And there’s no chance he’s ever a top 10 player.
    With a chip, while still playing large role, he's def in conversation for best pure PG.. He'd instantly jump ahead of Stockton, Nash, imo Kidd, and would get into IT/Cousy level argument...

Of course Magic is Magic, Curry is Curry, but I'm talking traditional PG's, Lebron would obv be ahead too if we counted Point Fwds...

It's a massive move up the ranks imo for the Point God's legacy to win a ring..

He could get a coaching job after he retires with/without one, no matter what teams he ends up on...

https://tradenba.com/trades/cl84XzcYn

Still makes a lot of sense to me for all sides...

With a chip, while still playing large role, he's def in conversation for best pure PG.. He'd instantly jump ahead of Stockton, Nash, imo Kidd, and would get into IT/Cousy level argument...

Of course Magic is Magic, Curry is Curry, but I'm talking traditional PG's, Lebron would obv be ahead too if we counted Point Fwds...

It's a massive move up the ranks imo for the Point God's legacy to win a ring..

He could get a coaching job after he retires with/without one, no matter what teams he ends up on...
    I think that’s a stretch, personally. I still don’t think In that “traditional” category, he’s better than Stockton. And still wouldn’t be better than IT. Also have Oscar Robertson there

There’s also the fact it wouldn’t be viewed as “his ring. If that was really what was driving him, he could opt out lol. Of course he won’t
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-15-2020 at 09:33 AM.

Typical New York Knicks move would be trading for Westbrook or John Wall to try to be relevant again

I like Donte for our timeline, but for him to become #2/#3 scorer on a championship team is a big ask/leap...

George Hill, Ersan Ilyasova, Robin Lopez are all replaceable role players...

Donte and Bledsoe for CP3 is the base level talent swap...

I think that's a bigger jump forward for this upcoming year (Giannis' potential walk year) then Middleton for CP3...
    Middleton and Hill for Paul is a even swap in salary. It’s more who gives away picks to who, it can go either way, but I can see OKC sending a future 1st or 2 also over the other way around.

Ersan contract is over his last year is non guaranteed, but Middleton has to be included for any sizeable contract in return that’s not even questionable. They can’t afford to have 3 players over 30 mil.
    Last edited by justcallmetm; 09-15-2020 at 09:55 AM.
    ― Albert Einstein
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

Middleton and Hill for Paul is a even swap in salary. It’s more who gives away picks to who, it can go either way, but I can see OKC sending a future 1st or 2 also over the other way around.

Ersan contract is over his last year is non guaranteed, but Middleton has to be included for any sizeable contract in return that’s not even questionable. They can’t afford to have 3 players over 30 mil.
    The issue though, is if they trade Middleton, they are getting worse. Paul and Giannis aren’t winning anything. They need him. He’s just overpaid. They also made a mistake letting Brogdon go
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-15-2020 at 10:02 AM.