Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 408 of 481 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418458 ... LastLast
Results 6,106 to 6,120 of 7204
  1. #6106
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,490
    Thats why you trade for dipo instead of beal if we get cp3 id much rather take a chance and give up less then give up all of our assets for beal

  2. #6107
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,618
    Both Gallinari and Chris Paul, are aging vets who want to go to contenders.

    The Knicks are nowhere near that.

    I don't understand why Knick fans are still hung up like a 80s kid who thought wearing Ralph Lauren polo shirts would change a thing.

    Forget about the past. Live in the present.

    There are no short cuts. There is no savior on a white horse. Leon Rose has to lay a completely new foundation.

    First step is a facilitator. Right now, the Knicks are a circuit board with no current running through. You need that. Then you can worry about shooters, closers, etc.

  3. #6108
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,490
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKnicks View Post
    If CP3 hits the target, the Knicks have to move to win now !!!

    Randle + DSJ + pick 2rd future = CP3

    pick8 + Frank + Knox + Bullock + picks Mavs 21 and 23 = Beal

    Knicks 20/21:

    CP3 (35y) 41M
    Beal (28y) 28M
    Barrett (21y) 8M
    Gallo (33y) 12/15M (M.Morris, D.Bertans, J.Grant, C.Wood are options)
    Mitch (23y) 2M

    +pick27, pick38, Harper, Pinson, Iggy, Wooten and Taj ???.
    Rj would have to go for beal easily I wouldn't do that
    Last edited by east fb knicks; 09-14-2020 at 07:40 PM.

  4. #6109
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,174
    I don't think CP3 cares more about winning a chip this late in his career where he would only be a bench player or 3rd option on a championship contender. I think he cares more about his brand and the legacy he could leave in New York. He would also have friends to compete against and hang out with right across the bridge in KD and Kyrie. I feel like Melo would also sign for cheap to play for the Knicks with CP. CP makes ANY team better....

    ďPaulís mentorship of young teammates has played a large role in the Thunderís over-performance this season Ė although Paul would argue that he expected to win even more games. Paulís fierce loyalty to this group of players is part of his leadership. OKC guard Dennis Schroder said Paul changes the teamís culture. Now, the Thunderís rising stars, like Gilgeous-Alexander, are developing in a system influenced by Paulís style of play.Ē
    Billy Donovan-

    CP / Cassius Winston (#27)
    Vassell / Frank
    RJ / Iggy
    Melo / Knox
    Mitch / Wooten / Taj

    Knicks trade Randle, DSJ and #38 for Chris Paul.

    Melo mentors Knox, CP mentors Cassius.... let's go

  5. #6110
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    I don't think CP3 cares more about winning a chip this late in his career where he would only be a bench player or 3rd option on a championship contender. I think he cares more about his brand and the legacy he could leave in New York. He would also have friends to compete against and hang out with right across the bridge in KD and Kyrie. I feel like Melo would also sign for cheap to play for the Knicks with CP. CP makes ANY team better....

    ďPaulís mentorship of young teammates has played a large role in the Thunderís over-performance this season Ė although Paul would argue that he expected to win even more games. Paulís fierce loyalty to this group of players is part of his leadership. OKC guard Dennis Schroder said Paul changes the teamís culture. Now, the Thunderís rising stars, like Gilgeous-Alexander, are developing in a system influenced by Paulís style of play.Ē
    Billy Donovan-

    CP / Cassius Winston (#27)
    Vassell / Frank
    RJ / Iggy
    Melo / Knox
    Mitch / Wooten / Taj

    Knicks trade Randle, DSJ and #38 for Chris Paul.

    Melo mentors Knox, CP mentors Cassius.... let's go
    There's literally nothing CP3 could do to impact his legacy more, than to win a championship. He's my favorite player in the league and no facilitator does it better but I don't want this team to rely on CP3. Who are we giving up in this scenario and will this COST us something other than money? If that's the case, Im out.

  6. #6111
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Both Gallinari and Chris Paul, are aging vets who want to go to contenders.

    The Knicks are nowhere near that.

    I don't understand why Knick fans are still hung up like a 80s kid who thought wearing Ralph Lauren polo shirts would change a thing.

    Forget about the past. Live in the present.

    There are no short cuts. There is no savior on a white horse. Leon Rose has to lay a completely new foundation.

    First step is a facilitator. Right now, the Knicks are a circuit board with no current running through. You need that. Then you can worry about shooters, closers, etc.
    Great post... I say facilitator first because I think that's what might be available. If Hali AND Hayes are off the board, who know's what they might do.

  7. #6112
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,490
    I'm assuming it cost knox and 1 one of the dal picks we don't have to match salaries we can absorb his contract so I doubt we include randle we probably need to include dsj also

  8. #6113
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,006
    Giving up on Knox, Frank, or any picks isn't really a big new Management move is it? I mean, who else is jumping at giving up their previous lotto pick combined with giving CP3 2yr/90 mill?? I would bet my life we're the only bad team trying to make such a move

  9. #6114
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Giving up on Knox, Frank, or any picks isn't really a big new Management move is it? I mean, who else is jumping at giving up their previous lotto pick combined with giving CP3 2yr/90 mill?? I would bet my life we're the only bad team trying to make such a move
    Yeah again there is zero reason to include picks or Frank/Knox for CP3. We do not NEED him. Iíll take him, but the selling point should be cap relief for them. His contract is absolutely awful.

    Besides if they want they can try DSJ as a reclamation project, and Randle does have SOME value. I donít like him but he does put up numbers. Theyíre both young and on expiring deals. Iím not giving them anything beyond that for CP3.

  10. #6115
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    653
    I'm trying to come up with a way we can wedge ourselves into what seems to be an inevitable CP3 to Mil trade (they NEED him more then anyone and would pay accordingly imo)....

    https://tradenba.com/trades/cl84XzcYn

    In this scenario we take back a ton, 2 of which "stick" for multiple years... Bledsoe (maybe flip) and DiVincenzo (young talent to play next to RJ)...

    It'd be a major trade but my thought is Mil wants to keep a "big 3-4" with CP3, Middleton, Greek, Brooke...

    They give up 2021 and 2023 1sts and a late 1st 2020 swap (24 to 27) to get that core...

    OKC ends up saving 22M with JRandle + gain a 2023 1st for Paul...

    Knicks take on salary, get a young shooter, move up 3 spots in late 1st this year & add a 2021 1st...
    Last edited by NYK2RIP; 09-14-2020 at 11:28 PM.

  11. #6116
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    3,526
    Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    I'm trying to come up with a way we can wedge ourselves into what seems to be an inevitable CP3 to Mil trade (they NEED him more then anyone and would pay accordingly imo)....

    https://tradenba.com/trades/cl84XzcYn

    In this scenario we take back a ton, 2 of which "stick" for multiple years... Bledsoe (maybe flip) and DiVincenzo (young talent to play next to RJ)...

    It'd be a major trade but my thought is Mil wants to keep a "big 3-4" with CP3, Middleton, Greek, Brooke...

    They give up 2021 and 2023 1sts and a late 1st 2020 swap (24 to 27) to get that core...

    OKC ends up saving 22M with JRandle + gain a 2023 1st for Paul...

    Knicks take on salary, get a young shooter, move up 3 spots in late 1st this year & add a 2021 1st...
    You know what... I'm intrigued.

  12. #6117
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    653
    https://tradenba.com/trades/cl84XzcYn

    I know its a lot of moving parts but OKC would like to get a pick and save money... Win for them

    Mil wants to revamp its roster to win...

    1-CP3
    2-Middleton
    3-Wesley Matthews
    4-Giannis
    5-Brooke

    Probably wins the East next year and causes Giannis to re-sign... Win for them (expensive but not as much as possibly losing Giannis in FA if they don't improve asap)

    Knicks get a young guard, and add a pick in very good 2021 draft (as well as role players that can be moved in additional trades)... Win for us

  13. #6118
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    You know what... I'm intrigued.
    Right? Everyone gets what they want & we get young talent plus a pick in great draft...

  14. #6119
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,936
    Why would we take on all that long term salary to move up 3 spots in this draft and have the 30th pick in 2021?

  15. #6120
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    653
    1-Bledsoe/Cole/Hill
    2-Donte/Frank
    3-RJ/Knox
    4-Ersan
    5-Mitch/Robin

    Becomes Knicks roster to start the year... Yard sale on any and all vet pieces to highest bidders (more picks/young talent)...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •