Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 393 of 481 FirstFirst ... 293343383391392393394395403443 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,895 of 7204
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Sick of that talk. Obviously Giannis is unbelievable but least hell of any star? He just lost to an fringe top 12-15 player. Love butler but come on. Giannis >> Middleton> Bam. Yes Miami had some better role players but thatís unacceptable. Lebron would have went in there with the cavs and beaten Miami. Until Giannis hits some outside shots itís going to be a problem for him in the playoffs. His team was a - like 25 in the 4th quarter in 3 games with him on the floor. Itís to easy for great teams to stop him. 3 years in a row where he wasnít amazing. No excuse for a guy that great to lose to Miami.
    Canít argue it. As great as he is, guys with skill sets like that just donít win it all. Teams that need to beat them donít show their cards until the playoffs. Then then do what they have to do

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    I think all that criticism seems a little unfair. He seems like a nice guy. Heís physically gifted but he hasnít been able to figure out how to shoot. Heíll have to learn some post up moves and needs to improve his jumper to atleast respectability.
    Agreed. He definitely has heart. He lacks skills and court awareness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

First off, Giannis is not on a one man squad. He has a very good supporting cast in Middleton, a player whom the Pistons regret letting go, no slouch. Neither is Bledsoe. Add the Lopez brothers. Wesley Matthews...and Popovich's pupil. Come on.

Milwaukee didn't get beat, they got owned by Miami who knew the Bucks aren't a great 3-point shooting team, Giannis has no heart, and can force the Bucks to take bad shots.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Thereís still a salary cap fool lmao

Embiid 27+ mill
    Conley 34+
    Dipo 21 million
    Thatís 83 mill between 3 players lol RJ another 8 Morris 12-15. No to mention you canít match all the salaries on those 3 for trades and you would have 0 left for anything other than vet mins hahah
    OK we have 47 mill in cap lol trade for conley first sign mook with the remaining cap then trade Randle for dipo

Then trade for embiid the following year its not that hard bro lol

so you guys are just gonna ignore the fact Giannis was hurt lol

If OKC is in true financial peril (just read how much $ they were losing BEFORE COVID), wondering if there are any other teams that could completely absorb CP3's $41M salary.

Mil rumors make more basketball sense for Paul, but they would have to send back similar $ for a deal to work.

This may put Knicks in a beneficial position and have rumors close to what were originally posted in which we get Paul & the 25th pick.

Someone on here asked about signing Melo, & I for one wouldn't want him back, but in this scenario, if it's an important part of keeping CP3 happy (not demanding a trade), I'd accept it.

The one fear in this trade would be he/they make us too good. I do think he/they could have that kind of 8ish seed type of impact, but also believe we would only get to that point with players like Frank, RJ and Mitch (and new rookies) all excelling at levels we would not see from them otherwise (Point God is that good IMO).

It's a trade I could def see Rose and Thibs wanting and perusing, and I for one can appreciate it's long term benefits, even if it's made with more short term reasoning.

Just thinking out loud...

In a CP3 trade scenario, I think I'd push hard for a pick swap this year (25 for 27) & a pick acquisition next year for placing Kevin Knox in the trade.

For some reason I can see Knox playing well over there, but even with that addition, SGA, Schroder & Adams will struggle to make the playoffs and can give us insurance for how good we become with another potential lottery ball in 2021.

This may be seen as a bad trade for them, and it is...

But considering they were the ONLY NBA team LOSING money BEFORE the pandemic...

If a 1 sided dump like this could be what stops the bleeding financially, and helps keep them from ending up in their 3rd city in 11 years....

It may be a good move for them for non-basketball related reasons...

Here's the Forbes list that shows the $23M in negative cash flow OKC had LAST year...

https://www.forbes.com/nba-valuations/list/#tabverall

Add a potential season with little-no fans (fan attendance is reportedly 40% of all NBA team revenue) & we can just imagine what impact this may have on their books if they stand pat/take back comparable salary...
    Last edited by NYK2RIP; 09-10-2020 at 12:14 AM.

Pretty good short Pros and Cons piece for trading for Chris Paul....

https://dailyknicks.com/2020/09/09/n...trading/amp/3/

To beat a dead horse, or just view this rumor from all avenues...

OKC is owned by Professional Basketball Club LLC (CEO Clayton Bennett)...

The LLC has total assets est at $590M

Bennet est net worth is $400M

Now the company and CEO are obviously not hurting for money, but they also are not multi-billionaire type owners, who could more presumably absorb a $100M+ loss in a potentially horrible financial year in sports....

With shipping off Paul (& potentially Adams elsewhere) and taking back Knox (+ Adams return) they still have a young talented team and a TON of draft picks in upcoming drafts...

1-Schroder
    2-SGA
    3-Ferguson
    4-Knox
    5-Noel (if re-signed)

+ 8 1st round picks over next 4 years
    Last edited by NYK2RIP; 09-10-2020 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    To beat a dead horse, or just view this rumor from all avenues...

OKC is owned by Professional Basketball Club LLC (CEO Clayton Bennett)...

The LLC has total assets est at $590M

Bennet est net worth is $400M

Now the company and CEO are obviously not hurting for money, but they also are not multi-billionaire type owners, who could more presumably absorb a $100M+ loss in a potentially horrible financial year in sports....

With shipping off Paul (& potentially Adams elsewhere) and taking back Knox (+ Adams return) they still have a young talented team and a TON of draft picks in upcoming drafts...

1-Schroder
    2-SGA
    3-Ferguson
    4-Knox
    5-Noel (if re-signed)

+ 8 1st round picks over next 4 years
    Wouldnít that be useless though? As the cap floor requires they spend 90% of the cap anyway. They are under the cap already. And would still be taking back salary from those deals
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-10-2020 at 07:15 AM.

We just need a team to take on Randle and DJ, attempt to get back draft capital while avoiding taking back big salaries unless itís on an expiring contract and would be coming off the bench.

Play the young kids and have a bench full of vets who will satisfy the cap requirement, similar to the way Minny did when Thibs was there.
    ďTwo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.Ē
    ― Albert Einstein
    ďI will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.Ē
    ― Tamar Myers
    ďDon't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.Ē
    ― Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    If we completely suck, and still manage to blow the odds and draft 8th, what difference does it make? You think Thibs and Rose are going to come in and let the team lose 60 games? I donít. Might as well get players

This team will never tank, or lose correctly. Done it once in as long as I can remember
    And still didn't get the #1 pick!
    The Knicks have had 17, 19, 21, 23, 21 wins all less wins than when the Knicks drafted Ewing... Tanking doesn't work here... It's Karma so just continue to get better with the right mixture of Rookies and veterans. Thibs was part of that already in Chicago and with the JVG Knicks so he knows how that should look.

I wonder if the Knicks can sign Marcus Howard to a Gleague contract after the draft. 8 threes per game shooting almost 50% even though he is only 5'11" shooting always translates in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    And still didn't get the #1 pick!
    The Knicks have had 17, 19, 21, 23, 21 wins all less wins than when the Knicks drafted Ewing... Tanking doesn't work here... It's Karma so just continue to get better with the right mixture of Rookies and veterans. Thibs was part of that already in Chicago and with the JVG Knicks so he knows how that should look.
    Itís not karma the draft is clearly fixed.