Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 381 of 488 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391431481 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 7315
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    And the insanity continues. Wake up and develop your own Giannis. That's the only chance we have at sustainable success. Your Knight in shinning armor doesn't exist Knick fans. Play the hell out of the youth until something real and solid to build on appears.
    I agree but you know this is NY

Without a low draft pick next yr and another young franchise piece to build with, the Knicks are going no where. Do you really think a franchise player is going to walk through those doors in FA? Do you??? after all we've seen and been through?

Funny how you guys bashed mgt for yrs for building mediocre teams that were't real contenders and it's obvious that all of you would to do the same moves they did. Im taking names so when you start complaining about the 12th pick next yr, I can remind you that it was your idea to play it this way.
    Only way i don't mind that happening is if its on the backs on the young horses...

No more JRandle's of the world dominating the ball/minutes...

Only vets I want involved are one's that bring more out of RJ/Mitch/Hopefully Cole....

Role playing spacers/facilitators only, cheaper the better (If they are also young = bonus)...

It's one of the reasons why i cringe at the FVV/Wood/Beasley/Grant big contract talks...

We should live/die with players 26 and under...

That way worst case scenario becomes best case scenario and vice versa....

Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    Only way i don't mind that happening is if its on the backs on the young horses...

No more JRandle's of the world dominating the ball/minutes...

Only vets I want involved are one's that bring more out of RJ/Mitch/Hopefully Cole....

Role playing spacers/facilitators only, cheaper the better (If they are also young = bonus)...

It's one of the reasons why i cringe at the FVV/Wood/Beasley/Grant big contract talks...
    Christian Woods is not worth more than Randle, Woods was picked up on waivers last year off NOP team so you have to be pretty silly to over reach and pay for Woods when he would cost less than 15mil per

FVV is going to get 20 mil and he is not quick enough to penatrate the D so that’s a whole demension in which Thibs system depends on.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

Save the money for when the young guns are playing so well it negatively impacts the pick....

That's when you're an expensive piece away....

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Christian Woods is not worth more than Randle, Woods was picked up on waivers last year off NOP team so you have to be pretty silly to over reach and pay for Woods when he would cost less than 15mil per

FVV is going to get 20 mil and he is not quick enough to penatrate the D so that’s a whole demension in which Thibs system depends on.
    I ideally want any FA signings to be complimentary to the kids/kids themselves and $10mil/less....

Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    I ideally want any FA signings to be complimentary to the kids/kids themselves and $10mil/less....
    I like Woods for his rim protection defense and what opposing player shot at the rim against him. Mitch and Woods are interchangeable while on defense either can protect the rim so it doesnt force either to stick to the paint at all times. Woods can spread the offense enough to keep Mitch as a PnR guy a majority of the time you can’t do that with Randle. Randle needs to be in the paint and so did Mitch it just doesn’t work. Why Mitch came off the bench is he I not a good running mate with Randle they both need to start from the paint to get there O going.

10mil or less means bench guys, we have bench players in the league making that MLE is close to 7 or more. Mitch is due for an extension and without even a jumper yet he would still get over 12per. Woods isn’t even old he’s 24, 2 years younger than Randle.
    Last edited by justcallmetm; 09-04-2020 at 09:55 PM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

And the insanity continues. Wake up and develop your own Giannis. That's the only chance we have at sustainable success. Your Knight in shinning armor doesn't exist Knick fans. Play the hell out of the youth until something real and solid to build on appears.
    Lol its a shot in the dark but still a shot if we just save the cap and play all the young guys we can accomplish both

Without a low draft pick next yr and another young franchise piece to build with, the Knicks are going no where. Do you really think a franchise player is going to walk through those doors in FA? Do you??? after all we've seen and been through?

Funny how you guys bashed mgt for yrs for building mediocre teams that were't real contenders and it's obvious that all of you would to do the same moves they did. Im taking names so when you start complaining about the 12th pick next yr, I can remind you that it was your idea to play it this way.
    The draft is fixed. The league hates Dolan and the dysfunctional Knicks organization. So we’ll never get the #1 and we’ll always fall back. We don’t help ourselves by winning those meaningless games.

They changed the format to a lottery system in 85 to control the draft and gave the number 1 pick to the Knicks. And now they have full control of who gets what picks.

We’ve been in the lottery for so long now and we have never moved up. The only way we get a top 5 pick is if we finish bottom 3 in wins. It’s hard to build through the draft if we keep getting the #8/9 picks every year. If we had stayed put or moved up in most of these drafts our team would be completely different.

Having Melo and CP3 go up and down the court trading shots just to prove they're not old does absolutely nothing for the development of the youth. What is this forums obsession with mid 1st round picks after bringing in vets to win a few more games? Knicks fans need a wake up call and mgt needs one even more if they follow advice similar to this.
    You must not have watched any OKC or Portland games if you think they haven't been playing great team ball.

Melo is still a dependable scorer that can be signed for around 2 million.

CP3's salary is no more than any other superstar that the Knicks won't get on FA. Plus the team has to spend that cap anyway .

Miami begs to differ

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    You must not have watched any OKC or Portland games if you think they haven't been playing great team ball.

CP3's salary is no more than any other superstar that the Knicks won't get on FA. Plus the team has to spend that cap anyway .
    Melo is best suited as a 3rd, 4th, 5th option offensively. Can’t ask him to do too much, or play any defense. Him coming here would be a disaster. Melo plays team ball, because he knows he’s not nearly as good as Lillard/CJ. He would be jacking up 18 shots a game here

I’d rather spend Pauls 40+M on younger players with upside that might actually be pieces here for a while. Paul can’t be expected to do heavy lifting on a regular basis. We have no other guards to lessen the load on him, his efficiently will drop big time. They have 2 other PGs that are not only way better guards than what we have, but also way better players than anyone we have. If you watch OKC play, Paul picks his spots. Lets the other guys do the work a good amount of the time
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-05-2020 at 09:18 AM.

A 36 yr old Carmelo Anthony who has voiced wanting to play for a contender, verbalized Portland as his home, will not be returning to NYK.

1. Knicks are 3 seasons worth of development before contention.

2. Why would a 36 year old turn down playing for a title contender vs returning to the franchise that nearly ran him out of town?

3. Melo vs Thibs would be entertaining but ugly.

Similarly, I can't see Chris Paul coming to NYK when he's pretty conent.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post

CP3 and Melo aren't coming to NY to develop yougsters or play this TEAM ball you're talking about. If they come, they are going for theirs, it's just that simple. You and I both know that they will each take turns taking the big shot and none of our youngsters will grow the way they could if they were taking those shots. That's who Melo is and that's who he'll always be when he's the best player on the team.

And STOP SAYING WE HAVE TO SPEND A CERTAIN AMOUNT because of the cap. THATS A LIE. Whatever amount below the cap that we don't spend will be paid to the remaining teams for that yr. So if we're 30mil under the cap, we would have to pay that money to the league which will be split between everyone else. Thats a better scenario than over spending for players that hurt our money now and later, gives us those useless wins that hurt our draft position, and take away shots from youngsters.

Play the youth and if they suck, they suck. Draft well with the wiz kids in the front office. THATS THE ONLY WAY OUT OF HELL GENTS. Isn't that what they were hired for???

Name one other BUM A__ TEAM LOOKING TO ADD PLAYERS LIKE MELO AND CP3. WAKE UP
    Last edited by Bivory; 09-05-2020 at 09:35 AM.

I agree, next year’s draft probably presents the best chance at finding a star and turning things around. The second best opportunity is next year’s free agency.

If they play their cards right they can be a major factor in both and really turn things around. If they want to make one long term signing this year, that’s fine. I wouldn’t make any others though.