Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 378 of 495 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380388428478 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 7419
    Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    I somehow didn't realize he was still that young...

Maybe he's finally matured, maybe it just the GS culture around him, but if Wiggins HAS to be in a deal to trade up for Ball, as much as I'm not thrilled with who he seems to have been up to this point in his career (someone who really hasn't given a ish)...

If Coach signs off on it (important factor in my eyes) & we end up with a core of Ball/RJ/Mitch, I'm happy...

Wiggins skill set def helps more then Randle's skill set on this team...
    I'm in on that trade up if the core is Ball, RJ, Wiggins, Mitch but I'm also ok with drafting Cole at #8 and continuing to develop. Knicks have many options this draft.

Whichever way we go I would still use up our cap on CP3 and Melo to add to that young Core. Neither one of them would eat into the development of the young players and when you get done talking... CP3 is the best possible mentor for LaMelo Ball.

Ball / CP3
    RJ
    Wiggins
    Melo
    Mitch

I would love... Love to see that roster next season!

https://dailyknicks.com/2020/09/02/knicks-chris-paul-carmelo-anthony-reunite-new-york/

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Iíd just sign Harris now. Will give you production, and great shooting. Even if Dipo goes back to career norm, instead of his one great year, how much is he worth to us?

Iíd 100% rather go for Beasley if thereís any shot at him, and not waste time finding out if Dipo is a bum, or a guy thatís going to cost a lot to keep
    Is he a free agent this year? To me Beasley is a role player that might get overpaid.

But COVID has changed things financially for the NBA. So we donít know how teams will react. Hopefully all these teams will be very cautious and not spend money. If weíre lucky Dolanís big pockets might come in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    Is he a free agent this year? To me Beasley is a role player that might get overpaid.

But COVID has changed things financially for the NBA. So we donít know how teams will react. Hopefully all these teams will be very cautious and not spend money. If weíre lucky Dolanís big pockets might come in handy.
    Depends on how you define a role player

But Iíve watched him on Denver for several years. Any time heís gotten minutes, heís produced. Heís a legit shooter, and can do more than just shoot. Denver still wanted to keep him, despite their guard depth. I donít think it was a fluke what he did in Minny.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Depends on how you define a role player

But Iíve watched him on Denver for several years. Any time heís gotten minutes, heís produced. Heís a legit shooter, and can do more than just shoot. Denver still wanted to keep him, despite their guard depth. I donít think it was a fluke what he did in Minny.
    But why didnít Denver start him? Maybe saw him a sixth man for his scoring ability and didnít think he had the skill set to be a starter. I like him honestly, but I think heíll get overpaid.

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    But why didnít Denver start him? Maybe saw him a sixth man for his scoring ability and didnít think he had the skill set to be a starter. I like him honestly, but I think heíll get overpaid.
    Because they already had Murray, and Harris, who they committed money to already. They also have Barton and Morris who play. Very deep at guard. They still offered him 3/30+, which he turned down

I think heís better than all of them 100%, except Murray. And I think talent wise, heís on par with him
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-03-2020 at 06:28 PM.

I'd love to have this dude here as our young cores Vet... He and Melo aren't getting picked up by contenders and the Knicks aren't getting any big-time superstars in FA so why not add 2 quality players who would do a lot for the culture in the Knicks organization?

https://youtu.be/c-R45kCn7oc

COVID ain't going to change sh#%.

With the death of another Black man in Kenosha, WI the NBA players contemplated canceling the rest of the playoffs but realized under the current CBA, the owners don't have to pay them a full salary.

Also Communist China has contributed substantial finances to using the NBA as their social political distraction as they continue violating the 50 yrs of Democracy agreement between the British and China in Hong Kong, send Muslims into camps, and seize islands from the Philippines.

It's funny regardless of race how equality is out the window when it comes to where money comes from.

I've read rumors that an Indy SG may want to play with the Knicks, no not that one, Justin Holiday is a FA and is rumored to be leaving Indiana...

He'd be a nice lower cost 3 & D wing that could start next to RJ day 1 and balance the lineup imo...

Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    I've read rumors that an Indy SG may want to play with the Knicks, no not that one, Justin Holiday is a FA and is rumored to be leaving Indiana...

He'd be a nice lower cost 3 & D wing that could start next to RJ day 1 and balance the lineup imo...
    that would be horrible rather draft a young guy or let knox an rj play thats like the payton move all over again

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    that would be horrible rather draft a young guy or let knox an rj play thats like the payton move all over again
    Why would signing a cheap vet keep you from drafting a young guy?

Ppl on here want to draft a 3&D with our draft capital...

Here's a way to draft BPA & get 3&D for $5-7mil instead

I agree, I don't want Holiday starting and I'd rather pay Dotson than sign Holiday. We should have kept him in the first place if we wanted him but he was getting older. Now he is too old to be taking up any of the young guys minutes... That would be an Ellington signing.

Just go get CP3 and Melo and call it a day

1- Cole/Frank
    2- Holiday/Stanley
    3- RJ/Knox
    4- Saric/Taj
    5- Mitch

That's a cheap cohesive NBA lineup/rotation (Taj+Holiday vets over age 26)

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    I agree, I don't want Holiday starting and I'd rather pay Dotson than sign Holiday. We should have kept him in the first place if we wanted him but he was getting older. Now he is too old to be taking up any of the young guys minutes... That would be an Ellington signing.

Just go get CP3 and Melo and call it a day
    Dotson, I'd agree with...

But i do think there will be some vets on this team with Thibs...

Keep em cheap, & they have to add either shooting/passing/both...

CP3 & Melo fit that mold as well... & fixes the issue not mentioned of getting JRandle off the team...

Although I'd prefer CP3 + Saric...

1- CP3/Frank
    2- Cole/Dot
    3- RJ/Knox
    4- Saric/Taj
    5- Mitch