Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 181 of 488 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 7315
    Portis should stay but have a starting role and move Randle to the bench if Knicks don't upgrade the PF position in free agency or with the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Yeah we should pass on young stars and hope he improves monumentally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah because Karl Anthony Towns and Booker have been leading their teams to winning. They were really that much better than RJ in their rookie season huh?

Grass ain't always greener Knicks fans

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Yeah because Karl Anthony Towns and Booker have been leading their teams to winning. They were really that much better than RJ in their rookie season huh?

Towns was much better. Booker was about equal, considering he played and shot a bit less.

Letís see if RJ has that kind of jump in year 2, as they did. If not, will we be here discussing how we need to give him 6 years?

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    Portis should stay but have a starting role and move Randle to the bench if Knicks don't upgrade the PF position in free agency or with the draft.
    That will never happen, Randle is way more talented than Portis lol... Knicks need a coach and a point guard that will prevent Julius from bringing the ball up court. He shouldn't be the decision maker on offense. You guys act like Julius shooting was that bad. He still had a higher fg% than just about everybody else on the team except Mitch. Randle is not a 3 point shooter but you can't leave him open either and is very efficient doing everything else on Offense. His turnovers are a direct result of the Knicks points being trash!

If you allowed Blake Griffin or Zion to bring the ball up the court on several possessions I bet they would have just as many turnovers... That's what makes Draymond special and valuable... Julius isn't Draymond, he is more like Zbo with better hops.

Everybody whining about Julius, cut it out because unless they use him in a CP3 trade Julius is here probably for 2 more seasons and if any of these young PGs in the draft this year are worth drafting they will put every in the best positions to score efficiently.

Bobby Portis is as good as gone by the way. I can see the Knicks signing Bertans and bringing him off the bench. I think Julius gets a little more tick at center next season because the center position is getting smaller every year.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Towns was much better. Booker was about equal, considering he played and shot a bit less.

Letís see if RJ has that kind of jump in year 2, as they did. If not, will we be here discussing how we need to give him 6 years?
    If so what will we be discussing?
    KP in his second season only averaged 18ppg and 7rebs in his sophomore season. I'm willing to bet RJ is close to that next season if the PG we draft is any kind of floor General at all. The Knicks main problem and has been a problem since Marbury is having a good point guard. Even with old PGs who knew how to play and set everyone else up the Knicks had good teams... Kidd, Penny, Jack.

We need a young stud at PG period... If the Knicks had Ja Morant nobody would hate Julius Randle right now and RJ would be and absolute stud on the break next to him.

Yes they are and weíre both better then RJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

The hate on Randle is unreal. The guy played with no pg who could make the game easier for him, no real offensive system, and no consistent #2 option. What the hell did yall want from the man? If we didn't have him, we probably would have set a record for least amount of points scored. Everybody talking about spacing, imagine if we had shooters around him?! This whole thing about PF's shooting threes is soooooo over stated. Somebody show me all these teams that have won anything and their starting PF best attribute is his three point shooting.

You can have two bigs in the paint doing their thang, thing is you need shooters around them. As bad as this team shot the ball last year, why is all the focus on Randle? Mitchell doesn't have any post moves yet, so it doesn't even matter what type of PF is paired with him right now. Having a PF who can stroke from deep is definitely a weapon, but some people go overboard with it.

That will never happen, Randle is way more talented than Portis lol... Knicks need a coach and a point guard that will prevent Julius from bringing the ball up court. He shouldn't be the decision maker on offense. You guys act like Julius shooting was that bad. He still had a higher fg% than just about everybody else on the team except Mitch. Randle is not a 3 point shooter but you can't leave him open either and is very efficient doing everything else on Offense. His turnovers are a direct result of the Knicks points being trash!

If you allowed Blake Griffin or Zion to bring the ball up the court on several possessions I bet they would have just as many turnovers... That's what makes Draymond special and valuable... Julius isn't Draymond, he is more like Zbo with better hops.

Everybody whining about Julius, cut it out because unless they use him in a CP3 trade Julius is here probably for 2 more seasons and if any of these young PGs in the draft this year are worth drafting they will put every in the best positions to score efficiently.

Bobby Portis is as good as gone by the way. I can see the Knicks signing Bertans and bringing him off the bench. I think Julius gets a little more tick at center next season because the center position is getting smaller every year.
    Brother from another mother...

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    Portis train is filing up, all aboard! Guy will be an all star next year book it!

His turnovers are a direct result of him being a low IQ big ego (unearned ego) selfish stat stuffer who doesnít know how to play team ball. His brand of basketball is a losing brand, dying breed. I genuinely hope heís gone before next season.

Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    The hate on Randle is unreal. The guy played with no pg who could make the game easier for him, no real offensive system, and no consistent #2 option. What the hell did yall want from the man? If we didn't have him, we probably would have set a record for least amount of points scored. Everybody talking about spacing, imagine if we had shooters around him?! This whole thing about PF's shooting threes is soooooo over stated. Somebody show me all these teams that have won anything and their starting PF best attribute is his three point shooting.

You can have two bigs in the paint doing their thang, thing is you need shooters around them. As bad as this team shot the ball last year, why is all the focus on Randle? Mitchell doesn't have any post moves yet, so it doesn't even matter what type of PF is paired with him right now. Having a PF who can stroke from deep is definitely a weapon, but some people go overboard with it.
    Mitch is an impact player, Julius isnít. You build around a guy like Mitch, not Julius.

Teams have two bigs that canít shoot 3s? Which good teams have a 4 and 5 that both live in the paint and neither can hit threes?

We might as well start Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph at this point since we hate spacing.

Ideally weíd clone Bobby Portis so we could start him at the 4 & 5.

Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post

going overboard? literally the entire NBA is all about spacing and 3's now, we are the last team still stuck in the 90's talking about "bully ball". Meanwhile hard fouls aren't even allowed anymore.

Mitch is an ideal C in today's game, Randle is the least ideal PF for today's game.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Mitch is an impact player, Julius isnít. You build around a guy like Mitch, not Julius.

Teams have two bigs that canít shoot 3s? Which good teams have a 4 and 5 that both live in the paint and neither can hit threes?
    I think I asked a question first lol. Never said Mitch wasn't a talent we shouldn't invest in. He has no post moves right now, therefore doesn't need the paint to himself. He's a finisher right now, that stays in foul trouble. At this point he can match up with any type of PF. Never said it wasn't good to have some bigs that can hit some shots, but I'm not gonna discredit bigs who get it done in the paint. Of course their are different types of line-ups that can be used during the course of a game, but the extinction of post bigs is just cap.