Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 135 of 488 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 7315
    Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    Hold on buddy ro, chill with the hype machine. I'm positive I've watched more Bama games than anybody in this forum. He compare s more to a TJ Ford with a better shot. He doesn't have Morant's playmaking ability or hops.
    TJ Ford was a midget at 5í11Ē lol while Lewis is around 6í3Ē. His height and build is very similar to Morant.

Lewis was playing as a freshman at Alabama when all other kids his age were seniors in high school (Cole was a junior at 17). His sophomore stats compare very favorably to Morantís freshman season when they were the same age. No one was really talking about Morant as a freshman.

I agree he doesnít have Morantís explosive hops, but his speed is equal and I believe Lewis is a better shooter. He can potentially come close to the playmaker that Morant is in the future if he keeps developing the way that he is. He didnít have a quality big to run P&R with this season.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 05-03-2020 at 10:50 PM.

2. 05-04-2020, 09:30 AM

I said, "Kira Lewis has Ja Morant SPEED" that was my only comparison I never mentioned HOPS.

Kira is a better 3pt shooter and foul line shooter than Morant but doesn't have instinctive play making skills Morant has but I see a very serviceable NBA player with a ton of upside.

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    I said, "Kira Lewis has Ja Morant SPEED" that was my only comparison I never mentioned HOPS.

Kira is a better 3pt shooter and foul line shooter than Morant but doesn't have instinctive play making skills Morant has but I see a very serviceable NBA player with a ton of upside.
    I love Lewis and I agree with you.

I think itís because you said Morant speed and ďathleticismĒ and hops would be included in that for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    yea Beasely would take close to a max and even then I think MIN would match. Unless they draft a PG/SG

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    yea Beasely would take close to a max and even then I think MIN would match. Unless they draft a PG/SG
    Yeah I just canít see the Knicks offering him anywhere near that, and honestly he hasnít earned anywhere near that money.

Due to Covid19 salaries will be way down this coming season and the cap may either go down or stay the same.

This the year the Knicks can trade few assets for the terms. Leon is gonna try to have a break out season. I believe he's gonna bring in some old clients to help him jump start his new tenure here.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yeah I just canít see the Knicks offering him anywhere near that, and honestly he hasnít earned anywhere near that money.
    his max might be around 26m, it makes sense to offer a Brogdon type contract, but we're not exactly known for doing things that make sense.

his max might be around 26m, it makes sense to offer a Brogdon type contract, but we're not exactly known for doing things that make sense.
    That is exactly what Iíve said all along. Come out with a strong offer, but not too crazy. 4/85, and make them think about it

And what I said about Brogdon too. But this is the exact same situation. Dude has talent, age is right, fills a huge need for us. Makes all the sense in the world

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    That is exactly what Iíve said all along. Come out with a strong offer, but not too crazy. 4/85, and make them think about it

And what I said about Brogdon too. But this is the exact same situation. Dude has talent, age is right, fills a huge need for us. Makes all the sense in the world
    Except that Milwaukee was ready to let Brogdon walk because they had to pay a bunch of other guys, whereas Minnesota has no reason not to match any offer to Beasley.

It's a pipe dream at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Except that Milwaukee was ready to let Brogdon walk because they had to pay a bunch of other guys, whereas Minnesota has no reason not to match any offer to Beasley.

doesn't hurt to try, especially with teams only having 48 hours to match now. But alot depends on the draft, MIN might end up taking another scoring guard, we might end up with 2 guards.

I do think a Brogs type contract would make MIN think long and hard, especially with owners losing money now because of Covid and MIN being a small market team. or maybe make them amenable to a S&T.

he's the best young player that is available IMO.

doesn't hurt to try, especially with teams only having 48 hours to match now. But alot depends on the draft, MIN might end up taking another scoring guard, we might end up with 2 guards.

I do think a Brogs type contract would make MIN think long and hard, especially with owners losing money now because of Covid and MIN being a small market team. or maybe make them amenable to a S&T.

he's the best young player that is available IMO.
    It's just highly unlikely that Minnesota would not match, and the Brogdon comparison doesn't really work because Minnesota literally just traded for Beasley and have no reason to let him go.

Itís even more of a pipe dream if you donít try

Doesnít hurt us at all to throw the offer out there. What do you suggest, do nothing? Some here argue that would be a huge overpay for Beasley. Maybe Minny thinks so too.

All Iím saying, is make them think about it. Itís the right move. Heís the right player. Regardless, that would show us the FO has a clue. If it doesnít work, move on. If the FO had any idea what they were doing, they should have been trying to trade for him before he got dealt, he was there to be plucked. Denver wasnít going to pay enough to keep him. I was mentioning him way before he was traded.

It's just highly unlikely that Minnesota would not match, and the Brogdon comparison doesn't really work because Minnesota literally just traded for Beasley and have no reason to let him go.
    keep in mind they are paying Dlo $30m now, they drafted Okogie & Jarret Culver, and this is a guard heavy draft they may end up drafting another guard. Are they going to pay $50m+ to Dlo & Beasely? that's not as easy a slam dunk as you are making it seem. they would essentially be locking themselves into that roster of KAT, Dlo & Beasely.

I could see them drafting someone like Halisburton for instance. I also would consider a Knox for Beasely deal if MIN was amenable and the price went down to $18-20m per instead.