Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 129 of 481 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 7204
  1. #1921
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,727
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Itís about playing hardball in trades instead of getting railroaded every time like we always do.

    CP3 is a great player. Heís also 35 with serious injury history, has missed plenty of games and playoff series in the past due to injuries and heís making nearly 45 mil a year.

    We canít just always hand over 20 year olds for guys who will be out of the league in 3 years. Yes change the culture but start there.

    Maybe we donít get their pick but honestly Randle/DSJ maybe Bullock take it or leave it imo.
    This and I am an advocate for bringing in CP3. Trading any asset for him after Houston would have given us 3 first to just take him would be straight up dumb. I am not concerned about the cap space. We are not signing anyone and the impact he can make on our young players is worth the money.

  2. #1922
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,408
    Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    This and I am an advocate for bringing in CP3. Trading any asset for him after Houston would have given us 3 first to just take him would be straight up dumb. I am not concerned about the cap space. We are not signing anyone and the impact he can make on our young players is worth the money.
    Yeah I mean Iím on the same page. I like him a lot as a player, Iím one of the posters here who said heís still a beast and a needle mover, which he is.

    At the same time weíre the FO that other teams ALWAYS look to fleece. Part of our strategy needs to be starting to change that perception imo.

  3. #1923
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,650
    Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    This and I am an advocate for bringing in CP3. Trading any asset for him after Houston would have given us 3 first to just take him would be straight up dumb. I am not concerned about the cap space. We are not signing anyone and the impact he can make on our young players is worth the money.
    Houston gave him and picks for Westy. They were desperate for another star. Paul showed what happens when heís not playing next to dribbles. Heís elite. No need to give a first but thereís also no need to hold out for them adding a first for a player with 2 years left.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  4. #1924
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,408
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Houston gave him and picks for Westy. They were desperate for another star. Paul showed what happens when heís not playing next to dribbles. Heís elite. No need to give a first but thereís also no need to hold out for them adding a first for a player with 2 years left.
    Iíd take Paul without the pick/additional asset I just wouldnít give up more than Randle/DSJ.

  5. #1925
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,650
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Iíd take Paul without the pick/additional asset I just wouldnít give up more than Randle/DSJ.
    Fair. Iíd trade frank or Knox personally but I canít disagree with that. Just disagree with people saying they need to add a pick like he signed the 4 year deal.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  6. #1926
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,408
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Fair. Iíd trade frank or Knox personally but I canít disagree with that. Just disagree with people saying they need to add a pick like he signed the 4 year deal.
    The pick/asset thing to me is something Iíd go into negotiations with as a power play. I think in general we need to switch our deal making mindset to that type of thinking personally.

  7. #1927
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,266
    If the Knicks can get a guy like Obi in the draft or a player like Wood from the Pistons guy who dunk allot and rim chase CP3 will excel and so would Mitch. It would be like Lob city and that's where our young guys will reep the benefits.

    CP3 is a good move for the right trade all things considered.

  8. #1928
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,957
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Itís about playing hardball in trades instead of getting railroaded every time like we always do.

    CP3 is a great player. Heís also 35 with serious injury history, has missed plenty of games and playoff series in the past due to injuries and heís making nearly 45 mil a year.

    We canít just always hand over 20 year olds for guys who will be out of the league in 3 years. Yes change the culture but start there.

    Maybe we donít get their pick but honestly Randle/DSJ maybe Bullock take it or leave it imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I value the principle of not trading picks/prospects for 35 year olds with bad injury histories who are making 40 mil a year.

    Changing culture also means changing how our FO is viewed by others around the league in terms of how they deal with us in trades. Right now weíre viewed as straight up marks.
    This, so much truth to this.

    Best poster on PSD Douglas

  9. #1929
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,957
    Cp3 and Gallo would take care of that. Or we could just draft. Deni and run with

    Mitch
    Gallo
    Deni
    Rj
    Cp3

    And a bench lead by Melo

    *I meant to quote xplayerx23 from my other posts that he quoted.
    Last edited by jericho; 05-02-2020 at 08:06 AM.

    Best poster on PSD Douglas

  10. #1930
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,333
    Getting Paul makes zero sense

    Can talk all that ďculture changeĒ stuff you want. He effectively takes us out of 2 offseasons of FA. You can give me the ďwe donít get starsĒ argument, but I donít even want stars. Give me a ton of cap, and plenty of good players that fill holes

    Paul isnít winning anything. He never has. He isnít close to the guy he was. Get a couple of actual starters that can shoot the ball, and some improvement from a few players we already have, and the ďculture changeĒ starts. And everyone was down on Paul, then all of a sudden he had this career resurrection? Heís had very similar years the past 3

    We are so thirsty, we want a guy owed over 80M for 2 years, that isnít even close to a top guy at his position. The time would have been when OKC was likely offering picks to shed him, and even then I didnít want any part of it. Would have understood it though
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-02-2020 at 08:38 AM.

  11. #1931
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,490
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Getting Paul makes zero sense

    Can talk all that ďculture changeĒ stuff you want. He effectively takes us out of 2 offseasons of FA. You can give me the ďwe donít get starsĒ argument, but I donít even want stars. Give me a ton of cap, and plenty of good players that fill holes

    Paul isnít winning anything. He never has. He isnít close to the guy he was. Get a couple of actual starters that can shoot the ball, and some improvement from a few players we already have, and the ďculture changeĒ starts. And everyone was down on Paul, then all of a sudden he had this career resurrection? Heís had very similar years the past 3

    We are so thirsty, we want a guy owed over 80M for 2 years, that isnít even close to a top guy at his position. The time would have been when OKC was likely offering picks to shed him, and even then I didnít want any part of it. Would have understood it though
    we actually agree on something

    Hopefully pimp dollars aka james dolan makes a ton of money while we sacrifice our future to be 2nd rd exits 2 years in a row

    Now the worst part is the same typical idiotic knicks fan is begging for this to happen

  12. #1932
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    68,756

    New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Getting Paul makes zero sense

    Can talk all that ďculture changeĒ stuff you want. He effectively takes us out of 2 offseasons of FA. You can give me the ďwe donít get starsĒ argument, but I donít even want stars. Give me a ton of cap, and plenty of good players that fill holes

    Paul isnít winning anything. He never has. He isnít close to the guy he was. Get a couple of actual starters that can shoot the ball, and some improvement from a few players we already have, and the ďculture changeĒ starts. And everyone was down on Paul, then all of a sudden he had this career resurrection? Heís had very similar years the past 3

    We are so thirsty, we want a guy owed over 80M for 2 years, that isnít even close to a top guy at his position. The time would have been when OKC was likely offering picks to shed him, and even then I didnít want any part of it. Would have understood it though
    Paul isnít close to a top guy at his position? Thatís just false. Heís old, but heís still damn good and has plenty in the tank. Did you not see him catch that alley oop dunk in the All-Star game? Paul went vegan and itís changed everything for him. Tom Brady did the same thing. Paul is a future HOF PG and is the main reason why OKC is 40-24 in a tough west when everyone thought they would not make the playoffs.

    Good teams donít just thrust young rookies into starting roles and let them suck like we always do. So if we got Paul, our rookie PG (if we draft one) can backup Paul like Schroder does and learn from one of the best to ever do it. Would you rather us use our cap space on more Bobby Portisís, Elfrid Paytonís, etc?

    I definitely wouldnít overpay for Paul because of his age and contract, but if we can dump Randle to OKC, maybe give someone like Frank and a Dallas pick, Iíd do it in a heartbeat. Thatís not overpaying at all. Paul should be good for at least 2 more years, and Iíd bet he can play effectively until heís almost 40.

  13. #1933
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,333
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Paul isnít close to a top guy at his position? Thatís just false. Heís old, but heís still damn good and has plenty in the tank. Did you not see him catch that alley oop dunk in the All-Star game? Paul went vegan and itís changed everything for him. Tom Brady did the same thing. Paul is a future HOF PG and is the main reason why OKC is 40-24 in a tough west when everyone thought they would not make the playoffs.

    Good teams donít just thrust young rookies into starting roles and let them suck like we always do. So if we got Paul, our rookie PG (if we draft one) can backup Paul like Schroder does and learn from one of the best to ever do it. Would you rather us use our cap space on more Bobby Portisís, Elfrid Paytonís, etc?

    I definitely wouldnít overpay for Paul because of his age and contract, but if we can dump Randle to OKC, maybe give someone like Frank and a Dallas pick, Iíd do it in a heartbeat. Thatís not overpaying at all. Paul should be good for at least 2 more years, and Iíd bet he can play effectively until heís almost 40.
    Whatís ďtop of his positionĒ? Heís fringe top 10, give or take. I could care less about vegan, heís a future HOF, etc..

    You say heís the main reason. Heís a reason, but thereís 3 others on that team that equaled or bested his season. That benefits both sides. This horse has been beaten and killed many times over. He wonít look nearly as good here. Give me 2 young-ish legit starters with a few M leftover VS his 40+ million. And then the next offseason, that 40+ million again will cripple any chance we had at anyone. Itís not worth it

    What youíre not grasping, is OKC has literally no incentive to trade him anyways. They are in good cap shape, have a young near star guard, a boatload of picks. I donít want Paul at all, and especially not if we give up anything of value, especially a pick or more

    Try and pluck Schroder, and extend him. Iíd give up a pick for that. But again, why would they? We should have had him the several times he was supposedly available

    But I guess agree to disagree..
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-02-2020 at 12:38 PM.

  14. #1934
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    68,756

    New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Whatís ďtop of his positionĒ? Heís fringe top 10, give or take. I could care less about vegan, heís a future HOF, etc..

    You say heís the main reason. Heís a reason, but thereís 3 others on that team that equaled or bested his season. That benefits both sides. This horse has been beaten and killed many times over. He wonít look nearly as good here. Give me 2 young-ish legit starters with a few M leftover VS his 40+ million. And then the next offseason, that 40+ million again will cripple any chance we had at anyone. Itís not worth it

    What youíre not grasping, is OKC has literally no incentive to trade him anyways. They are in good cap shape, have a young near star guard, a boatload of picks. I donít want Paul at all, and especially not if we give up anything of value, especially a pick or more

    Try and pluck Schroder, and extend him. Iíd give up a pick for that. But again, why would they? We should have had him the several times he was supposedly available
    Fringe Top 10 is ridiculous, Paul is still Top 5 IMO. Itís clear heís the best player on OKC. You may not care that Paul is vegan, but thatís why heís back to being the Paul of old. He said it himself that he was slowing down, but this has completely revitalized him. Getting Paul would definitely change the culture, he would he the best PG this franchise has had in a long, long time.

    How does getting Paul cripple us in 2021-22? We should still be able to afford a max player if they actually want to come.

  15. #1935
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    68,756

    New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •