Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 175 of 245 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 3670
    The season hasn't returned yet but Ian Begley and NY sports writers are amping up the rumour mill that the Knicks will consider putting even Mitchell Robinson or RJ Barrett PLUS any assortment of the seven future first rounders over the next four drafts in the pot if it means, trading for an established star...

While some Knicks fans may view Barrett as untouchable, the Los Angeles Clippers pulled a similar move last summer when they traded point guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander to the Oklahoma City Thunder in a deal for Paul George.
    As an agent, Rose represented Karl-Anthony Towns, Devin Booker and Joel Embiid, all of whom are currently on losing or underperforming teams. Bradley Beal, DeMar DeRozan, Zach LaVine, Jrue Holiday and Rudy Gobert could all become available in the coming months or years as well.
    Listen...this is my WORST fear as a Knicks fan. Hasn't this franchise learned already that emptying the team of assets for the "short-cut" to rebuilding a competitive team never works? Most recently, the trade for Melo, which gave the Knicks a few competitive seasons followed by something like 6 more years of misery.

It's frustrating.

I won't say RJ Barrett nor Mitchell Robinson are the franchise guys (as of today) but it's foolish to even fathom trading them. Draft, build...find the focal point...grow....and after you have a nucleus, THEN add overpaid mercenaries but don't go bankrupt for a short rush and no real Championship plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    The season hasn't returned yet but Ian Begley and NY sports writers are amping up the rumour mill that the Knicks will consider putting even Mitchell Robinson or RJ Barrett PLUS any assortment of the seven future first rounders over the next four drafts in the pot if it means, trading for an established star...

Listen...this is my WORST fear as a Knicks fan. Hasn't this franchise learned already that emptying the team of assets for the "short-cut" to rebuilding a competitive team never works? Most recently, the trade for Melo, which gave the Knicks a few competitive seasons followed by something like 6 more years of misery.

It's frustrating.

I won't say RJ Barrett nor Mitchell Robinson are the franchise guys (as of today) but it's foolish to even fathom trading them. Draft, build...find the focal point...grow....and after you have a nucleus, THEN add overpaid mercenaries but don't go bankrupt for a short rush and no real Championship plan.
    I dont believe rj is on the block they just posted an article about building around rj

Now id trade mitch for beal townes etc

If we are not gonna tank correctly then we have to make a trade its inevitable

Yeah I don't believe the Knicks have made RJ available for trade. But this is the second time I have heard Mitch is. I could see the Knicks moving him to a team that is ready to compete now. GS has been interested in him for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Yeah I don't believe the Knicks have made RJ available for trade. But this is the second time I have heard Mitch is. I could see the Knicks moving him to a team that is ready to compete now. GS has been interested in him for a while now.
    I think Mitch should be the highest valued asset on the team. I see a potential starter but not a star in RJ. His value right is probably as high as it will ever be. That doesn’t mean you trade him but if netted you are Karl Towns or a Devin Booker, see ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think Mitch should be the highest valued asset on the team. I see a potential starter but not a star in RJ. His value right is probably as high as it will ever be. That doesn’t mean you trade him but if netted you are Karl Towns or a Devin Booker, see ya

Too early to make that call.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Too early to make that call.
    Yeah we should pass on young stars and hope he improves monumentally

Yeah we should pass on young stars and hope he improves monumentally

Zero chance we get KAT now that we’re set to hire Thibs.

As for Booker or other young stars, I think only very few would disagree with including RJ in a deal for them. With that said, (a) the deal isn’t only going to be RJ, it’s going to include many picks along with him so the calculus is different and (b) the ideal scenario is pairing a young star WITH RJ and Mitch, not trading one for the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Zero chance we get KAT now that we’re set to hire Thibs.

As for Booker or other young stars, I think only very few would disagree with including RJ in a deal for them. With that said, (a) the deal isn’t only going to be RJ, it’s going to include many picks along with him so the calculus is different and (b) the ideal scenario is pairing a young star WITH RJ and Mitch, not trading one for the other.
    I know he wouldn’t land a young star straight up. Just saying he shouldn’t be off the table if a Booker or Towns type player became available

I know he wouldn’t land a young star straight up. Just saying he shouldn’t be off the table if a Booker or Towns type player became available

Agreed

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Agreed.
    Jinx

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Jinx
    Ha!

I like book but man he’s overrated. I’d rather book over kat for sure though .
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I like book but man he’s overrated. I’d rather book over kat for sure though .
    Overrated how? Dude putting up 26/6+/4 last 2 years. Only made his first all-star appearance as an injury sub. If anything he’s underrated.

I highly doubt RJ ever becomes the player Booker already is

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Overrated how? Dude putting up 26/6+/4 last 2 years. Only made his first all-star appearance as an injury sub. If anything he’s underrated.

I highly doubt RJ ever becomes the player Booker already is
    Booker puts up stats on a bad team, plays 0 defense at all. I’m not saying he’s a scrub but people talk like he’s a #1 option on a champisnhip team. He’s a robin at best imo. I don’t know if RJ will ever be the scorer booker is or a #1 option on a championship team but booker won’t be that either. Booker/Lavine guys like that need to be the #2 or 3 on a championship team imo. They could be the 2 if the 1 is a superstar
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331