Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 175 of 245 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 3670
  1. #2611
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,040
    The season hasn't returned yet but Ian Begley and NY sports writers are amping up the rumour mill that the Knicks will consider putting even Mitchell Robinson or RJ Barrett PLUS any assortment of the seven future first rounders over the next four drafts in the pot if it means, trading for an established star...

    While some Knicks fans may view Barrett as untouchable, the Los Angeles Clippers pulled a similar move last summer when they traded point guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander to the Oklahoma City Thunder in a deal for Paul George.
    As an agent, Rose represented Karl-Anthony Towns, Devin Booker and Joel Embiid, all of whom are currently on losing or underperforming teams. Bradley Beal, DeMar DeRozan, Zach LaVine, Jrue Holiday and Rudy Gobert could all become available in the coming months or years as well.
    Listen...this is my WORST fear as a Knicks fan. Hasn't this franchise learned already that emptying the team of assets for the "short-cut" to rebuilding a competitive team never works? Most recently, the trade for Melo, which gave the Knicks a few competitive seasons followed by something like 6 more years of misery.

    It's frustrating.

    I won't say RJ Barrett nor Mitchell Robinson are the franchise guys (as of today) but it's foolish to even fathom trading them. Draft, build...find the focal point...grow....and after you have a nucleus, THEN add overpaid mercenaries but don't go bankrupt for a short rush and no real Championship plan.

  2. #2612
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    The season hasn't returned yet but Ian Begley and NY sports writers are amping up the rumour mill that the Knicks will consider putting even Mitchell Robinson or RJ Barrett PLUS any assortment of the seven future first rounders over the next four drafts in the pot if it means, trading for an established star...





    Listen...this is my WORST fear as a Knicks fan. Hasn't this franchise learned already that emptying the team of assets for the "short-cut" to rebuilding a competitive team never works? Most recently, the trade for Melo, which gave the Knicks a few competitive seasons followed by something like 6 more years of misery.

    It's frustrating.

    I won't say RJ Barrett nor Mitchell Robinson are the franchise guys (as of today) but it's foolish to even fathom trading them. Draft, build...find the focal point...grow....and after you have a nucleus, THEN add overpaid mercenaries but don't go bankrupt for a short rush and no real Championship plan.
    I dont believe rj is on the block they just posted an article about building around rj

    Now id trade mitch for beal townes etc

    If we are not gonna tank correctly then we have to make a trade its inevitable

  3. #2613
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    12,106
    Yeah I don't believe the Knicks have made RJ available for trade. But this is the second time I have heard Mitch is. I could see the Knicks moving him to a team that is ready to compete now. GS has been interested in him for a while now.

  4. #2614
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    46,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Yeah I don't believe the Knicks have made RJ available for trade. But this is the second time I have heard Mitch is. I could see the Knicks moving him to a team that is ready to compete now. GS has been interested in him for a while now.
    I think Mitch should be the highest valued asset on the team. I see a potential starter but not a star in RJ. His value right is probably as high as it will ever be. That doesn’t mean you trade him but if netted you are Karl Towns or a Devin Booker, see ya


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #2615
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,872
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think Mitch should be the highest valued asset on the team. I see a potential starter but not a star in RJ. His value right is probably as high as it will ever be. That doesn’t mean you trade him but if netted you are Karl Towns or a Devin Booker, see ya


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Too early to make that call.

  6. #2616
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    46,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Too early to make that call.
    Yeah we should pass on young stars and hope he improves monumentally


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #2617
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,474
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Yeah we should pass on young stars and hope he improves monumentally


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zero chance we get KAT now that we’re set to hire Thibs.

    As for Booker or other young stars, I think only very few would disagree with including RJ in a deal for them. With that said, (a) the deal isn’t only going to be RJ, it’s going to include many picks along with him so the calculus is different and (b) the ideal scenario is pairing a young star WITH RJ and Mitch, not trading one for the other.

  8. #2618
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    46,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Zero chance we get KAT now that we’re set to hire Thibs.

    As for Booker or other young stars, I think only very few would disagree with including RJ in a deal for them. With that said, (a) the deal isn’t only going to be RJ, it’s going to include many picks along with him so the calculus is different and (b) the ideal scenario is pairing a young star WITH RJ and Mitch, not trading one for the other.
    I know he wouldn’t land a young star straight up. Just saying he shouldn’t be off the table if a Booker or Towns type player became available


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  9. #2619
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5,486
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I know he wouldn’t land a young star straight up. Just saying he shouldn’t be off the table if a Booker or Towns type player became available


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed

  10. #2620
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,474
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I know he wouldn’t land a young star straight up. Just saying he shouldn’t be off the table if a Booker or Towns type player became available


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed.

  11. #2621
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,347
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Agreed.
    Jinx

  12. #2622
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5,486
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Jinx
    Ha!

  13. #2623
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    29,805
    I like book but man he’s overrated. I’d rather book over kat for sure though .
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  14. #2624
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,066
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I like book but man he’s overrated. I’d rather book over kat for sure though .
    Overrated how? Dude putting up 26/6+/4 last 2 years. Only made his first all-star appearance as an injury sub. If anything he’s underrated.

    I highly doubt RJ ever becomes the player Booker already is

  15. #2625
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    29,805
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Overrated how? Dude putting up 26/6+/4 last 2 years. Only made his first all-star appearance as an injury sub. If anything he’s underrated.

    I highly doubt RJ ever becomes the player Booker already is
    Booker puts up stats on a bad team, plays 0 defense at all. I’m not saying he’s a scrub but people talk like he’s a #1 option on a champisnhip team. He’s a robin at best imo. I don’t know if RJ will ever be the scorer booker is or a #1 option on a championship team but booker won’t be that either. Booker/Lavine guys like that need to be the #2 or 3 on a championship team imo. They could be the 2 if the 1 is a superstar
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •