Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 174 of 253 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 3789
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    The team does NOT do better with Frank at PG. Did you guys actually watch the games? If so, you would never make that claim.
    i mean the numbers literally say we WERE better with Frank and I agree the eye test passes as well. We might have played FASTER with Payton that's for sure, but faster doesn't really mean better.

in a couple of years and probably next year it's going to look really silly to have ever even compared the two. Payton is on his way to being out of the league just like Burke. When you go to a team as desperate for a PG as we are, and we still decide we don't want you, that's when the writing is on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    i mean the numbers literally say we WERE better with Frank and I agree the eye test passes as well. We might have played FASTER with Payton that's for sure, but faster doesn't really mean better.

in a couple of years and probably next year it's going to look really silly to have ever even compared the two. Payton is on his way to being out of the league just like Burke. When you go to a team as desperate for a PG as we are, and we still decide we don't want you, that's when the writing is on the wall.
    Payton was clearly the better PG then and now. The team played MUCH better with Payton and it wasn't close. Frank couldn't keep the job even when Payton went down and that statement goes both ways. When a team is as desperate as the Knicks for a pg, and Payton gets hurt, and Frank STILL can't get the job done, the writing is on the wall.

Payton may be a back up but Frank hasn't proven he can play the position yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Payton was clearly the better PG then and now. The team played MUCH better with Payton and it wasn't close. Frank couldn't keep the job even when Payton went down and that statement goes both ways. When a team is as desperate as the Knicks for a pg, and Payton gets hurt, and Frank STILL can't get the job done, the writing is on the wall.

Payton may be a back up but Frank hasn't proven he can play the position yet.
    Payton is asssss and might be out the league in a couple seasons if he doesn't find his jumpshot

I can't imagine any NBA team taking Payton over Frank, it's one thing to argue in a vacuum that Payton is better, it's another to argue for guys like Randle & Payton for THIS team where we have no shooting. Frank is already a much better shooter and I think that gap will widen even more next season.
    This is what Iím arguing.

Which numbers say we were better with Frank? Their on/off were practically identical, and I think misleading.

Donít forget DSJ was Frankís primary backup when Payton was injured and he was a team worst -16.8 on court this season.

I still like Frank long term, but he still has a long way to go. I think itís hard to objectively say that Frank is better overall right now.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    If weíre looking to win now, Payton is the better option as the back-up. Heís inefficient scoring-wise, but so is Frank and Payton is a much better PG at least. Frankís defense is good, but a little overrated IMO. I wouldnít call him a consistent lock-down guy, at least not yet.

Kadeem is probably the best back-up PG out of all our options honestly, but we never really gave him a shot this season. He always seems to produce whenever he gets the call. Itís probably because of his age. The biggest reason to keep Frank is simply because of his age and the fact that he did get a little better this year.
    Kadeem Allen is a bum.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Payton is ok.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Payton is ok.
    Yeah pretty much what Iím saying. Kadeem is not really an NBA player. As 3rd string maybe but Iíd rather try Sanon or Peters as 3rd string at this point, or someone else maybe.

Payton is fine. Heís a decent backup PG on most teams. He does some things very well and definitely deserves to play 15-20 minutes a game somewhere but I donít think he does much for us here. And his 3 point shot is putrid.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Yeah pretty much what Iím saying. Kadeem is not really an NBA player. As 3rd string maybe but Iíd rather try Sanon or Peters as 3rd string at this point, or someone else maybe.

Payton is fine. Heís a decent backup PG on most teams. He does some things very well and definitely deserves to play 15-20 minutes a game somewhere but I donít think he does much for us here. And his 3 point shot is putrid.
    I donít think itís worth keeping Payton at 8 million personally. Heís a fine backup but I think Iíd go in a different direction. Well I guess it really depends on what direction we move into. If rose lands a star or something and wants a more consistent backup I could see them bringing Payton back. Iím off DSJ Iím still in on frank but I think frank can play the 1 through 3. Heís a consistent jump shot away from being the perfect role player on a good team imo
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I donít think itís worth keeping Payton at 8 million personally. Heís a fine backup but I think Iíd go in a different direction. Well I guess it really depends on what direction we move into. If rose lands a star or something and wants a more consistent backup I could see them bringing Payton back. Iím off DSJ Iím still in on frank but I think frank can play the 1 through 3. Heís a consistent jump shot away from being the perfect role player on a good team imo
    Agreed and I basically think Frank can provide backup PG minutes. Itís just not a need for us.

What we do need is a point of attack aggressive starting PG, which hopefully we get in the lotto, and then 2-3 more legit 3 point threats. Both guards and bigs we need spacing on this team badly.

Kadeem Allen is a bum.
    How is Allen a bum? He played great last season when he got a chance and he never got a shot this season.

In his only 4 games that werenít garbage time or blowouts, he put up some very solid numbers once again:

20.4 MP, 48.1 FG%, 8.5 PTS, 2.3 REB, 3.8 AST, 1.3 TO, 1.0 STL, 0.5 BLK

How is Allen a bum? He played great last season when he got a chance and he never got a shot this season.

In his only 4 games that werenít garbage time or blowouts, he put up some very solid numbers once again:

20.4 MP, 48.1 FG%, 8.5 PTS, 2.3 REB, 3.8 AST, 1.3 TO, 1.0 STL, 0.5 BLK
    I donít think heís a complete bum just like I donít think Trey Burke is a straight up bum but theyíre both seemingly borderline NBA players. Thereís a reason guys like this struggle to stick on rosters.

New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

I donít think heís a complete bum just like I donít think Trey Burke is a straight up bum but theyíre both seemingly borderline NBA players. Thereís a reason guys like this struggle to stick on rosters.
    The reason for Kadeem is totally based on politics, nothing more. Knicks invested in Frank, Payton, and DSJ so there was no real opportunity for Kadeem to get any significant minutes this season.

His situation is the exact reason why some players prefer to be undrafted as opposed to being a 2nd round pick. That way they arenít forced into signing 2-way contracts and being sent back and forth between the G-League and NBA. Burke has had his chances to stick in the league being a former lottery pick, but Kadeem was never given that kind of rope. I bet he sticks as a back-up PG somewhere.

The reason for Kadeem is totally based on politics, nothing more. Knicks invested in Frank, Payton, and DSJ so there was no real opportunity for Kadeem to get any significant minutes this season.

His situation is the exact reason why some players prefer to be undrafted as opposed to being a 2nd round pick. That way they arenít forced into signing 2-way contracts and being sent back and forth between the G-League and NBA. Burke has had his chances to stick in the league being a former lottery pick, but Kadeem was never given that kind of rope. I bet he sticks as a back-up PG somewhere.
    That makes no sense. All 30 teams wonít sign Kadeem Allen to a contract because of politics? Isnít he like 25 years old, so itís already been a few years.

What politics are making every team in the league not sign and keep him?

That makes no sense. All 30 teams wonít sign Kadeem Allen to a contract because of politics? Isnít he like 25 years old, so itís already been a few years.

What politics are making every team in the league not sign and keep him?
    Politics in that Kadeem is absolutely better than DSJ, for example, but who was the one who stuck on the NBA roster?

Teams have their investments in players and overlook guys like Allen all the time. Itís the same reason why someone like Wood kept bouncing around even though he played well at every stop.

Kadeem was 24 when he was drafted, so he had a very late start to his career. Not saying heís a stud, but heís always looked good in his limited chances here, especially last season.

16. 06-03-2020, 12:50 AM