Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 79 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    we should spend on ONE legit player who actually fits with Mitch & RJ, even if it's 25-30m. and use the rest to try to absorb a contract for another pick.

I really hope we don't go down this route of bringing in 9 guys again, quantity doesnt equal quality.
    Yeah I was saying that the Knicks should have taken back a contract even this year before the deadline.

Continue to gather assets, and then strike when the time is right.

Between our 1 million buyout deals and draft assets, we will be well positioned to make deals before and after the.draft.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    Between our 1 million buyout deals and draft assets, we will be well positioned to make deals before and after the.draft.

I'm not in full agreement, unless its to match salaries, because who is trading assets for guys that the entire nba world knows will be waived prior to June 28th when the million comes off the books?

We have picks, yes, but the one and done FA's they don't have value, that was only our one year guy.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    we should spend on ONE legit player who actually fits with Mitch & RJ, even if it's 25-30m. and use the rest to try to absorb a contract for another pick.

I really hope we don't go down this route of bringing in 9 guys again, quantity doesnt equal quality.
    Summer of VanVleet. Trade for Beal. Draft Toppin.

C-Mitch
    PF-Toppin
    SF-Barrett
    SG-Beal
    PG-VanVleet

Bench: Randle (let him wreak havoc on 2nd units), Bullock, Payton, Harkless, Dotson

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    We need a Lillard to demand a trade, someone in that league, and can shoot from half court lol....
    Now that would be something. Total game changer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not in full agreement, unless its to match salaries, because who is trading assets for guys that the entire nba world knows will be waived prior to June 28th when the million comes off the books?

We have picks, yes, but the one and done FA's they don't have value, that was only our one year guy.
    We have to catch a team looking for cap space or start a rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post

C-Mitch
    PF-Toppin
    SF-Barrett
    SG-Beal
    PG-VanVleet

Bench: Randle (let him wreak havoc on 2nd units), Bullock, Payton, Harkless, Dotson
    I like that team, but I would have to look at what that would cost in a couple of years and see if it is worth it. Because if that is your final team that you will never surpass the top teams in the east let alone the finals.

Well never is strong but RJ and Mitch would have to reach prime form and we would have to get lucky somewhere if that caps us out

I don't know why all this talk about Beal. He is not leaving Washington and they are not letting him go.
    If I were Washington, I would shed some salary and go after Drummond.

Wall, Beal, Bertrans, Drummond would be a nice core.

How about our boy Morris last night hitting that huge three to force OT? I do want him back but not with Randle here.

How about our boy Morris last night hitting that huge three to force OT? I do want him back but not with Randle here.
    I used to think the same thing. But look what's slowly happening. Morris is being taken further and further away from the basket and yes, he's adapted well but I still don't think he's had one dunk this yr and he's never been a good rebounder for a PF. This phase reminds me of MJ's late version of himself where he became the midrange nightmare and wasn't attacking any more. He was still dominant but Mook aint Mike. I think we need to pump the break on Morris and try to be a little more patient with Randle considering the circumstances.

C-Mitch
    PF-Toppin
    SF-Barrett
    SG-Beal
    PG-VanVleet

Toppin is real good, not sure if he completely fits as a stretch big next to Mitch.

VanVleet - pro cost too much, also might not want to leave Toronto if they offer him 20mil a season.

We are not getting Beal - WASH definitely wants to run it back with him and John Wall healthy next year.

C-Mitch
    PF-Toppin
    SF-Barrett
    SG-Beal
    PG-VanVleet

I say draft a ball handling guard who can hit 3s on volume and sign this kid to play next to Mitch: https://youtu.be/99zMclsbBP0

Hope RJ spends most of his allstar break at shooting practice because his shot has been horrible. If he had a consistent jumper he would be so dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I say draft a ball handling guard who can hit 3s on volume and sign this kid to play next to Mitch: https://youtu.be/99zMclsbBP0
    That will never happen, Julius is a starter as long as he is here but I like Toppin too maybe we draft him with that Clippers pick but we need to draft a PG with our pick. VanVleet is not worth what he would demand in FA, I'd rather sign Shroeder and bring the new drafted guard off the bench. Schroeder is a huge upgrade over Payton.

If the Knicks could draft a PG and a stretch big then get Beal and Shroeder this summer some how the Knicks would be a for sure playoff team no matter who the coach is...

Shroeder / Haliburton / DSJ(stuck with him, maybe he becomes our Lou Williams)
    Beal / Frank(Marcus Smart off bench)
    RJ / Iggy
    Randle / Knox
    Mitch / Toppin / Wooten

I'm loving that rotation. That's a contender in the East.
    Last edited by Knicks Boogie; 02-14-2020 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    That will never happen, Julius is a starter as long as he is here but I like Toppin too maybe we draft him with that Clippers pick but we need to draft a PG with our pick. VanVleet is not worth what he would demand in FA, I'd rather sign Shroeder and bring the new drafted guard off the bench. Schroeder is a huge upgrade over Payton.

If the Knicks could draft a PG and a stretch big then get Beal and Shroeder this summer some how the Knicks would be a for sure playoff team no matter who the coach is...

Shroeder / Haliburton / DSJ(stuck with him, maybe he becomes our Lou Williams)
    Beal / Frank(Marcus Smart off bench)
    RJ / Iggy
    Randle / Knox
    Mitch / Toppin / Wooten

I'm loving that rotation. That's a contender in the East.
    Schroder is not free this coming offseason

If we did ever get Beal, expect pretty much everything we have of value going to WAS. So Iíd bet Mitch, our lottery pick, and a bunch more is gone

Besides, thatís not a contending team. Not close to Mil or Boston right now. Mitch, Randle, and RJ are not starters on any team thinking they can make a deep playoff run
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 02-14-2020 at 03:57 PM.

Page 16 of 79 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast