Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Well it's not like the Knicks do any teaching here so you cant fairly judge guys like Knox, Frank, etc right now. We haven't had a decent teaching coach in years. I don't agree about Thibs and Jeff, they are teachers first then in game coaches second. We would be lucky to have either one of them.
    I think you are using that as a cop-out to explain away our crappy core. I mean by all accounts Miller is a basketball lifer and was doing great things "teaching" at all the lower levels. If he's anything he is a fundamentalist coach and "teacher" in every sense of the word, and not a guy hired as a head coach for other reasons like chief motivator or recruiter.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Yea there is no way in my eyes JVG or Thibs are going to prioritize playing bad rookies for the sake of development over better role players on shorter deals. If the plan is to develop our mediocre young guys and continue the youth movement we are better off giving Miller an extension so he's not fighting for his coaching life every night.
    How do you know they are bad rookies? What the Knicks have had is bad coaching. We don't develop young players here. We don't know how to.

I think you are using that as a cop-out to explain away our crappy core. I mean by all accounts Miller is a basketball lifer and was doing great things "teaching" at all the lower levels. If he's anything he is a fundamentalist coach and "teacher" in every sense of the word, and not a guy hired as a head coach for other reasons like chief motivator or recruiter.
    Call it a cop out, but anyone can easily see Miller is just trying to win as many games as he can and knows he will be gone next year. He couldn't care less about our young guys.

there's definitely a balance. Ellington leading us to a win the other night while playing 27 minutes while Taj was playing more then Mitch wasn't that balance. But at least Frank & Mitch got significant minutes last game.

As far as three years into the rebuild, I think the Knicks have done a good job in asset accumulation. All those first round picks and some good second round ones as well.
    Agreed. We have a load of assets and cap space. Too many picks to use or count. So I'm hoping we make some trades to beef up our core because the fruits of the last three drafts during this rebuild ain't doing a damn thing to carry this team to success. So if we're talking "patience" and continuing this mediocre youth movement, we're most likely gonna be here awhile because we are far far away from having a capable winning core in place via the draft.

Agreed. We have a load of assets and cap space. Too many picks to use or count. So I'm hoping we make some trades to beef up our core because the fruits of the last three drafts during this rebuild ain't doing a damn thing to carry this team to success. So if we're talking "patience" and continuing this mediocre youth movement, we're most likely gonna be here awhile because we are far far away from having a capable winning core in place via the draft.
    I think the answer is a combination of both draft and trades. Our pick this year is huge. We need that elusive PG we have lacked. And the great thing about all those picks is that we can use some and trade some.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    That's how I feel about Mitch. To the guy few posts above you saying play him for 30mpg to figure out if he's good enough. The problem is, everyone else will too. His trade value is pretty high right now.

I think its too early for RJ, with the position he plays and his poor shooting, he was bound to struggle. Lets see him with a full NBA offseason under him
    The difference is that Mitch is already good and clearly has some elite qualities (athleticism, rim protection, finishing, etc). If he averages 30 mins a game without fouling out every game, heís going to help us win a lot more games.

What makes you think Thibs or JVG wouldn't do the exact same thing? I think most old school guys cut from the "earn your playing time" and "you play to win every game" cloth would do that. Thibs and JVG would not be coming here to develop a crappy young core and coddle timid players, they would be coming to compete.
    Yeah lets get a high qualified young guy in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Weschester's real nice bro, they got some real fancy houses out there. Richest suburb in the country right next to the busiest city on the planet. Of course people would find a way to complain... Naa I'm kidding tho they should totally build a practice facility in Manhattan. Wonder how much that would cost
    My ex lived in Westchester, so Iíve been out there many times. I agree that itís very nice. But people from outside of NY usually want to experience being in the heart of the city, especially the young guys.

The vets probably prefer that itís in Westchester. I donít think the facility has to be in Manhattan necessarily, but maybe like Long Island City?

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    there's definitely a balance. Ellington leading us to a win the other night while playing 27 minutes while Taj was playing more then Mitch wasn't that balance. But at least Frank & Mitch got significant minutes last game.
    I was happy with last game until Mike never put Frank or anyone else back in the game in OT. No reason why Ellington is playing all of those mins.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I was happy with last game until Mike never put Frank or anyone else back in the game in OT. No reason why Ellington is playing all of those mins.
    I also thought having Ellington at the 2 when the Hawks were playing 2 PG lineups (Young and Teague) was a disaster. DSJ should have gotten more time.

Both of those coaches can develop young players. And I disagree with us have a crappy core. Our coaches have been HORRENDOUS when it comes to young guys.

To develop young players a coach has to actually you know try...

The good news is that if you listen to Steve Stout, you know the Knicks will bring in a bigtime coach who will work with the youth on this team. Obviously not all of them are good but we should have some young players who can contribute to the team.
    👍👍👍

Call it a cop out, but anyone can easily see Miller is just trying to win as many games as he can and knows he will be gone next year. He couldn't care less about our young guys.
    Well they left him no choice that do not plan on retaining him

The difference is that Mitch is already good and clearly has some elite qualities (athleticism, rim protection, finishing, etc). If he averages 30 mins a game without fouling out every game, heís going to help us win a lot more games.
    Sure, I agree. I think he's pretty one dimensional and has a good chance of staying that way. He is probably one of the lowest IQ players I've seen in a while. But a fun shot blocking center is always nice to have.
    RJ on the other hand, while I acknowledge your elite abilities point, is a baller, through and through

My ex lived in Westchester, so Iíve been out there many times. I agree that itís very nice. But people from outside of NY usually want to experience being in the heart of the city, especially the young guys.

The vets probably prefer that itís in Westchester. I donít think the facility has to be in Manhattan necessarily, but maybe like Long Island City?
    Not a bad idea, you know where they could build it actually. The plot that Amazon was going to build the campus on right up on the East River. Big empty plot there screaming for development $s. 15 minutes from the garden, could have a fairy shuttle players back and forth.

The Sixers new state of the art facility cost around $80mln, its their crown jewel. was built in 2017 I think. I bet you could secure the land and complete the project for under $250mln. You are not wrong about this point. Players love their practice facilities, and mad teams have made brand new ones. It's just going to be VERY VERY expensive here. Although one thing everyone's favorite owner does have, F U money.

Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast