Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 83 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Doc Rivers talking about playing Morris at C.

we play him at SF and wonder why we get killed on perimeter 3's and were such a slow, plodding team.
    It's really nice to have that much talent on your team where you can experiment like that. But let's be real. This guy has 0 interior defense. They have a lot of excellent defenders that I imagine will make up for however few mins he will play at C.

Although 100% agree, I hated seeing at the 3. Stretch 4 with a 5 that can protect the rim. That's his ideal spot. For those who can afford to experiment further, good for them

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    Roster Construction Issues

We have some roster construction issues on our team. Unfortunately, none of these PG in the draft are high volume\efficient shooting players; so we are bound to have the same clunkiness with our team for a few more years. Mitch and Randle will not work because Mitch has 0 offensive game and he doesn't help when Randle gets doubled. Knicks have RJ, Frank\Dotson, Elfrid around him, so NOBODY cares about helping off of Randle. If we get Lamelo - that sounds like a Philly situation bound to happen. Simmons and Embid largely play better and more in sync when each other is off the court due to spacing issues.

Offseason Plan
    - Knicks must decide what kind of team they are going to be; either trade Randle or Mitch
    * To build around Randle - you need your 1, 2, 3 to all be plus shooters who also can defend their position 1 on 1. This is VERY difficult to find. RJ will not be a plus shoot for a while. Most PG in this draft are not ready for that yet (Maybe Haliburton - maybe).

- Knicks must decide if Barrett is going to be 1A ball handler or not. This affects whether they draft LaMelo (assume we get a top pick). LaMelo will have the ball ALL THE TIME and he and RJ on the floor, shooting wise, is bound to be horrific at times.

- Knicks will ultimately have to decide between Randle and RJ as well. Same issue with Philly.

IMO Randle is the problem - though the most skilled and talented player on team. There IS a way to build around Randle - BUT for KNICKS if would take a LOT OF MACINATIONS to get shooters in draft, around league to do it. So dont.
    1. RJ and Mitch fits.
    2. Randle and RJ or Mitch does not fit.

Solution

1. Trade Randle
    2. Poison Pill Contract for Bertans (stretch 4 - low usage)
    3. Keep Dotson - 3 years 21 mil - START HIM
    4. Draft a PG of future - i.e. Tyrese Haliburton

**Key Areas - FT Shooting, Spacing, Defensive efficiency.
    I think its comical how much we focus on fit, when he have like two good players. I can't think of a single example of a team as bad as our that focuses as much time talking about fit. We need to acquire talent and not stop until we have enough of it, where you can start to see something.

We get like one good player and it's like lets make sure the next good one really fits.

I'll just add, that if your point was that Randle is just no good and really hard to build around I get that. And probably agree depending on the time of the day. But the Knicks don't need to solve any existential crises of identity. Just add talent. We literally have next to nothing right now

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    I think its comical how much we focus on fit, when he have like two good players. I can't think of a single example of a team as bad as our that focuses as much time talking about fit. We need to acquire talent and not stop until we have enough of it, where you can start to see something.

We get like one good player and it's like lets make sure the next good one really fits.
    I think we could have been a bit more creative with our lineups. We saw Ellington and Bullock on the floor together for the first time the other night. I think that the most spacing we've had since Steve Novak was on the team

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think we could have been a bit more creative with our lineups. We saw Ellington and Bullock on the floor together for the first time the other night. I think that the most spacing we've had since Steve Novak was on the team
    Yeah, I agree, even the biggest Fizdale apologist would agree that Mike has just been flat out better with his rotations and schemes. Let the coach decide how to arrange the lineups and make it fit. But this is not a problem this team should be struggling with

I'll just add, that if your point was that Randle is just no good and really hard to build around I get that. And probably agree depending on the time of the day. But the Knicks don't need to solve any existential crises of identity. Just add talent. We literally have next to nothing right now
    1. My post was about fit going forward and WE NEED to do something because Randle is signed for at least 1 more year. You want to waste next year of development too for Mitch and RJ?

2. I also said - Randle is not a bad player, you just need to have certain pieces around him to be successful, in which; a.) Knicks don't have enough shooting so it will take too long to find and build around him and b.) Mitch and RJ are likely your cornerstones anyway so this make the decision to trade Randle that much more obvious.

Note: I should probably mention - I don't give 2 craps about the rest of this season unless its development based.
    Almost ALL of those dude we signed in offseason won't be here so who cares. Also, Can we trade them in offseason if we pick up their options or do we have to wait until Dec?
    Last edited by teddygreen17; 02-10-2020 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    1. My post was about fit going forward and WE NEED to do something because Randle is signed for at least 1 more year. You want to waste next year of development too for Mitch and RJ?

2. I also said - Randle is not a bad player, you just need to have certain pieces around him to be successful, in which; a.) Knicks don't have enough shooting so it will take too long to find and build around him and b.) Mitch and RJ are likely your cornerstones anyway so this make the decision to trade Randle that much more obvious.

Note: I should probably mention - I don't give 2 craps about the rest of this season unless its development based.
    Almost ALL of those dude we signed in offseason won't be here so who cares. Also, Can we trade them in offseason if we pick up their options or do we have to wait until Dec?
    Me personally, I don't think anyone is hurting RJ's development right now, he's still playing in diapers. And the only thing in the way of Mitch right now is his brain. Neither have proven themselves to be the cornerstones of anything.

You have to wait till Dec. If you accept their option, it's like you've signed them so that deadline applies. There are certain sign and trade scenarios that could work I guess, but Portis, Ellington and Taj won't have any suitors. So I certainly wouldn't get cute haha. I would decline every option besides Payton. You can resign Taj to vet min, but it's really not any kind of priority.

Explore the trade market for Randle. The next coach won't care about playing him off the bench on an expiring deal. That's training camp issues. The guy is talented, I think they should try a little harder to make it work. Mitch has almost no offensive game, so to tell me he is getting blocked is unfair to Randle.

Fact is we'll have an ocean of cap again, and an even shallower FA class. I don't think we're aching to get rid of Randle given that we're going to likely struggle again to use the money to bring in actual NBA talent. Lets see

Me personally, I don't think anyone is hurting RJ's development right now, he's still playing in diapers. And the only thing in the way of Mitch right now is his brain. Neither have proven themselves to be the cornerstones of anything.... Me personally, I don't think anyone is hurting RJ's development right now, he's still playing in diapers.
    I understand you point but disagree in concept. You see what the hornets are doing right now right. They let 2 of their vets go and I guarantee you Monk and Bridge, who also haven't proven to be anything, are about to get a WHOLE LOT of min. Same thing we should be doing with Mitch, Knox, and RJ btw.

You have to wait till Dec. If you accept their option, it's like you've signed them so that deadline applies. There are certain sign and trade scenarios that could work I guess, but Portis, Ellington and Taj won't have any suitors. So I certainly wouldn't get cute haha. I would decline every option besides Payton. You can resign Taj to vet min, but it's really not any kind of priority.
    Yup. dump 'erbody

Explore the trade market for Randle..... Mitch has almost no offensive game, so to tell me he is getting blocked is unfair to Randle.
    I would 100% throw a poison pill for Bertans. If Bertans can rebound AT ALL - that's a much better fit with Mitch. Honestly, this would be Mitch's 3rd year. Time to take the diapers off and give him 30 min. If he don't work out, trade him too. He does not get a pass on developing an offensive game.
    - He needs a stretch 4 next to him - i.e. Bertans, KP, Love, and dare I say - a GOOD Kevin Knox.

**And yeah, maybe with Mitch + a stretch 4, I am putting a little too much faith in RJ, but honestly, I think we have to give him that confidence to say, YOU'RE the guy. Push him, as a 3 pick. I think he has broad enough shoulders to playmake for other and draw 7+ fouls a game. Only issue with him is outside shooting. I project him to get better at shooting every year.
    Last edited by teddygreen17; 02-10-2020 at 07:08 PM.

the home of Heavy D, Ben Gordon, Diddy, Denzel washington and me
    Is it me or RJ has taken a big step back since before he got injured to now

Quote Originally Posted by LeTsGoNyKnIcKs View Post
    Is it me or RJ has taken a big step back since before he got injured to now
    What do you mean? He has only been back for minute

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

Honestly no one on this team should be untouchable. I would include RJ in the right deal if it makes sense. He still has a lot of value right now, but that could change if he doesnít improve next year.

While I like RJís potential as a player, I donít think he has the upside some of us thought.

I would like us to poison pill the Pelicans to try n nab Brandon Ingram. This kid drips buckets and his efficiency is only getting better. With the Pelicans being all about Zion, let's see if they are willing to put big bucks behind Ingram.

Everyoneís crazy with RJ. Heís shown some flashes. The biggest thing he needs to work on his shot. He also needs someone around him that can shoot. They donít fit around him. Heís got all the potential in the world. He definitely has flaws but heís 19. Get shooters around him next year and you will see his value big time. His work ethic will help.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I agree with going after BI but no way pelicans let him leave. 0% chance. Iíd look into gallo/Hayward/Otto Porter (doubt he opts out but I guess you never know) serge dragic Morris bogdan FVV Joe Harris and Beasley. Those guys fit the roster Iíd like imo. Ideally draft wiseman sign bogdan+Dragic + Serge. Let all the team option guys go. Think we could get enough cap to go after those guys and it would be a pretty nice looking team. Esp considering most teams are trying hard to save cap. Think we can get Dragic and Serge on big 1 and 1 deals and bogdan on a nice side 3 or 4 year deal about 17+ a year. If we ever got a star to commit in 2021 we could move Randles expring.
    Dragic
    Bogdan
    RJ
    Ibaka
    Mitch

Randle/Wiseman off the bench. Might have to trade Randle but I like him and think heís got game heís just forced in a role that heís not made for. He canít be the man obviously.
    Good shooting great Shot blocking lots of space for RJ. Iíd assume RJ is going to get better.
    Last edited by xxplayerxx23; 02-11-2020 at 03:20 AM.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Everyoneís crazy with RJ. Heís shown some flashes. The biggest thing he needs to work on his shot. He also needs someone around him that can shoot. They donít fit around him. Heís got all the potential in the world. He definitely has flaws but heís 19. Get shooters around him next year and you will see his value big time. His work ethic will help.
    Heís also coming off an ankle injury and a bit of rust from that. Knicks fans are just absurdly emotionally reactive. Itís always knee jerk zero patience with prospects. Just look at Christian Wood. Nobody knew who this kid was until these last few months. Heís 24. And btw we should try to sign him this summer to play between RJ & Mitch at the 4.

Sometimes you gotta exercise patience with prospects. Or you just keep turning and burning them only for them to end up actual legit players at age 24/25.

our vets are not FA's they have contracts that have team options, right now after the season those players are tradeable.

Two issues, they take up all the cap, so before FA they either have to have their option picked up or waived which then makes them a FA then if you sign them to less money can't trade them till Dec 15th. But by picking up their option they are tradeable, but why do that and have them take up all that cap space when teams after FA really don't make trades?

The second issue is June 28th is the cut off for them getting 1 mil if we do waive them hence a decision needs to made before that date just like they did with Lance waited till the very end and waived him.

Funny how Mr defense is not even in the league, huh?

So my guess is they all may be waived, except maybe Payton, unless the Knicks really like him as a backup PG and can waive him and resign him for say 3 years at less money say 6-7 mil per guaranteed instead of paying him 9mil for next year, I guess it depends on the new FO and how they feel about 2021.

And I agree about fit we are in no position with this roster to discuss fit and who belongs, you go get the best players period and get rid of the guys that don't fit later.

You don't this FA not get a player because of Randle he only has one year left, but he's the main clog to be honest because right now like it or not RJ is huge to our future and RJ and Mitch and Randle are huge misfits together.

Miller's not perfect but done a decent job here, better than Fiz and to me really not debatable. But don't matter it's already been said by Dolan that they are bringing the FO in to hire a new coach after the season.

the latest rumor also is from David Falk who was on the FAN and guaranteed John Calipari is the next Knicks coach.

Page 5 of 83 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast