Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 285 of 437 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295335385 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 6552
    Albert Nahmad: Bol Bol is expected to accept a two-way contract from DEN (~$410K max payout). But if he doesn’t, DEN would need to issue him a Required Tender (a 1-year, $898K non-guaranteed contract offer) by 9/5 to keep him RFA, which he could accept through 10/15. 11 months ago – via Twitter AlbertNahmad

Does anyone know what this means? Is there an outside chance that Bol Bol becomes a RFA this summer? Guess who was sitting with Bol Bol when he was drafted? Leon, let's see what you got.

It means, Bol Bol, son of legend Manute Bol, plays on a contract that is similar to a team option with conditions. They can exercise the team option to keep him at almost $1M but if at any time they decide to cut him, then he's only allowed to have $400K.

Denver might be the new San Antonio, finding ways to get talent without killing the cap space.

I love non-guaranteed contracts. I wished the NBA had a policy similar to the NFL. The NBA is such screwed up with Larry Bird rule, which allows teams to exceed the cap in order to overpay for their star. ONE bad contract in the NBA sets you back 3-4 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Albert Nahmad: Bol Bol is expected to accept a two-way contract from DEN (~$410K max payout). But if he doesn’t, DEN would need to issue him a Required Tender (a 1-year, $898K non-guaranteed contract offer) by 9/5 to keep him RFA, which he could accept through 10/15. 11 months ago – via Twitter AlbertNahmad

Does anyone know what this means? Is there an outside chance that Bol Bol becomes a RFA this summer? Guess who was sitting with Bol Bol when he was drafted? Leon, let's see what you got.
    That was from 11 months ago. He ended up signing a two way contract. Denver has the option of picking it up for next season or signing him to an NBA contract. I’m sure they’ll end up doing one or the other.

If they pick up his option, he won’t hit free agency until next summer and he’ll be restricted. If they sign him to a normal contract then it’ll likely be even longer before he hits free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    It means, Bol Bol, son of legend Manute Bol, plays on a contract that is similar to a team option with conditions. They can exercise the team option to keep him at almost $1M but if at any time they decide to cut him, then he's only allowed to have $400K.

Denver might be the new San Antonio, finding ways to get talent without killing the cap space.

I love non-guaranteed contracts. I wished the NBA had a policy similar to the NFL. The NBA is such screwed up with Larry Bird rule, which allows teams to exceed the cap in order to overpay for their star. ONE bad contract in the NBA sets you back 3-4 seasons.
    Interesting, thx

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    That was from 11 months ago. He ended up signing a two way contract. Denver has the option of picking it up for next season or signing him to an NBA contract. I’m sure they’ll end up doing one or the other.

If they pick up his option, he won’t hit free agency until next summer and he’ll be restricted. If they sign him to a normal contract then it’ll likely be even longer before he hits free agency.
    Next summer works for us and we'l have money as well. Denver has a lot of guys to worry about paying. Im looking for another steal.

I don't think a lot of people understand there are multiple ways to rebuild. The whole we are going to have a roster full of lottery picks or players under 21 rarely works. its difficult to try and develop a entire roster full of young guys, most of the time it don't work. Off the top of my head, the Nuggets are the closest to doing this way. Okc got very lucky with being bad at the right time, Durant, Westbrook, & Harden. Then you have the Rockets where they used their draft capitol and cap space to land them a superstar and started building around him. Bottom line, good franchises use all their resources to build a winner...draft, cap space, trades, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    I don't think a lot of people understand there are multiple ways to rebuild. The whole we are going to have a roster full of lottery picks or players under 21 rarely works. its difficult to try and develop a entire roster full of young guys, most of the time it don't work. Off the top of my head, the Nuggets are the closest to doing this way. Okc got very lucky with being bad at the right time, Durant, Westbrook, & Harden. Then you have the Rockets where they used their draft capitol and cap space to land them a superstar and started building around him. Bottom line, good franchises use all their resources to build a winner...draft, cap space, trades, etc.
    I hear this a lot but here's where the disconnect is. Rebuilding using vets and young guys is good when your young guys are the center piece and the goto players for the team. If not, you're enabling vets to get you to pad stats and get us to mediocre and then they leave, and we get stuck with the mid level draft pick. Find your young guns first, then put the vets round them. Lose correctly and draft with wiz kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    I hear this a lot but here's where the disconnect is. Rebuilding using vets and young guys is good when your young guys are the center piece and the goto players for the team. If not, you're enabling vets to get you to pad stats and get us to mediocre and then they leave, and we get stuck with the mid level draft pick. Find your young guns first, then put the vets round them. Lose correctly and draft with wiz kids.
    I agree, you have to have the right veterans. Perry & ol boy screwed up with the type of veterans we brought in. Then you get Miller who was coaching for a job and could careless about development.

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    With Thibs comes a few trusted soldiers like Taj Gibson, D. Rose, Augustine or Jeff Teague.

Payton and DSJ won't be back. Frank stays for defense only but not much will be expected of him moving forward and for the right player in return Frank may have played his last season with us as well.

I think the Knicks may make a run at PG Chris Paul if all else fails.
    idk what Teague has to do with thibs lol he wasn't really great in minny

Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    I agree, you have to have the right veterans. Perry & ol boy screwed up with the type of veterans we brought in. Then you get Miller who was coaching for a job and could careless about development.
    Every coach will coach to save his job it's normal and fair reason and Knicks have a history for always putting pressure on coaches to turn there 10 win poop into 30 win trash.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    idk what Teague has to do with thibs lol he wasn't really great in minny
    He was ok. He is also one of the only free agent point guards on the market. He is 32 and we’d be better off losing w/o him then winning with hhim but they might have a relationship and I’m sure Thibs would welcome him looking at our roaster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He was ok. He is also one of the only free agent point guards on the market. He is 32 and we’d be better off losing w/o him then winning with hhim but they might have a relationship and I’m sure Thibs would welcome him looking at our roaster

I'd be pissed if we sign him and stunt the development of our young guys

Demar and Chris Paul here we come 😔
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I think it is a strong possibility we will make a move at PG that will piss everyone off around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

We won’t sign Teague. He’s going to stay in Atl..

Won’t guarantee we won’t sign a similar type player, though. Or just keep the one we have