Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 273 of 437 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 6552
    cp3 is a win now move has nothing to do with development

Also I thought you guys came to a realization cp3 isn't gonna be easy to get especially if okc does well in the bubble

Its both

I've been an advocate of CP3 as well but I was wrong. It's not the time to get impatient and get a few vets that help us get closer to mediocrity, not when next yrs draft is as good as touted.

Imo, Knicks should let the kids play so they can properly evaluate what they have. Let the chips fall where they may and if that means we're the worst team in the league next yr, so be it. All the better for the draft.

Picking up good vets like Morris and trading Randle for CP3 makes us mediocre and hurts our chances in a great draft. It's Franks 4th yr and Knox's 3rd, Iggy needs looks and so does Harper imo. Lets give them a look and let the Knicks suck if they're gonna suck. It is what it is. Enough lipstick on the pig with 1yr bloated vet contracts that help us win a game here and don't help the long term growth of the team.
    Last edited by Bivory; 07-18-2020 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    There's nothing to get. I think the guys have the ability, they just need to be developed correctly. Bringing on CP3 would be part of that development.
    I disagree. I have more faith in Frank, but not in a role that would require him to learn from CP3.

I doubt both are on the roster anyway when the season starts and my money is on DSJ being gone.

New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

If the bar is starting pg Frank and DSJ will never get there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    I've been an advocate of CP3 as well but I was wrong. It's not the time to get impatient and get a few vets that help us get closer to mediocrity, not when next yrs draft is as good as touted.

Imo, Knicks should let the kids play so they can properly evaluate what they have. Let the chips fall where they may and if that means we're the worst team in the league next yr, so be it. All the better for the draft.

Picking up good vets like Morris and trading Randle for CP3 makes us mediocre and hurts our chances in a great draft. It's Franks 4th yr and Knox's 3rd, Iggy needs looks and so does Harper imo. Lets give them a look and let the Knicks suck if they're gonna suck. It is what it is. Enough lipstick on the pig with 1yr bloated vet contracts that help us win a game here and don't help the long term growth of the team.

Cp3 can definitely help guys like RJ Mitch and Knox making offense easier and having consistent stretch of good basketball is important for young players it's builds up there confidence which is not easy to come by in a city like NY ofcouse it's too late to get him for cheap now Knicks missed a great opportunity when they had 78mil cap space and Morey was desperate to trade him.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

The problem is if we draft a pg and we still have frank dot dsj rj

Not enough minutes to develop our young pgs

Well, D. Dotson is an UFA at this chopped up season's end.

Frank Ntilikina, Dennis Smith Jr, and Kevin Knox's LAST season will be the upcoming 2020-2021 season.

The Knicks have a team option on Kevin Knox for 2021-22 season.

RJ Barrett also has a team option for 2021-22, 2022-23 season.

Teams have 2-3 seasons to build/develop their youth...and their contract is up...they want to be paid or they're gone. The problem with the Knicks is the fact, they drafted SUPER young guys and when they are free agents, they are still young enough develop into something special but are they worth $8M-$10M/season when their agent demands it?

This is why Mills and Perry's plan was STUPID. You don't "settle" on a project in the top 6 pick. You move heaven and earth to get a piece to build around. Not peripheral pieces.

Leon Rose is smart enough to use the extra draft picks, future first rounders over the next few seasons to move up and get a significant franchise cornerstone.

And hopefully some team will take Kevin Knox and Dennis Smith Jr (who doesn't want to be here) with a late first rounder in order to move up and get Cole Anthony.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 07-19-2020 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    The problem is if we draft a pg and we still have frank dot dsj rj

Not enough minutes to develop our young pgs
    Frank and DSJ are a problem, I agree

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Frank and DSJ are a problem, I agree

Well I mean unless we draft obi or deni adding another pg is a real issue

Well I mean If unless we draft obi or deni adding another pg is a real issue
    The fact that we have to play Frank and DSJ at PG is a problem. Anyone who takes minutes from them is a blessing

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The fact that we have to play Frank and DSJ at PG is a problem. Anyone who takes minutes from them is a blessing

Thats one way of looking at it lol

A more logical way is we hire thibs and he actually develops dsj and frank with this mythical thing called playing time

Thats one way of looking at it lol

A more logical way is we hire thibs and he actually develops dsj and frank with this mythical thing called playing time
    Playing bad players more and forcing guys into roles they canít handle isnít the answer. DSJ and Frank are totally irrelevant to the future of the franchise. They arenít good enough to matter. Maybe Frank becomes a contributing role player. Still he is Michael Kidd Gilcreast at best and should have no impact on who we sign or draft. DSJ is trash and wonít be in the NBA in 3 years

There are several articles out right now talking about how Rose sees Frank in a major role in the future of the franchise plus Thibs is going to love Frank.

I'm more excited about how Mitch has been developing in his time off... Look at the improved handle and quickness on the first step...

https://dailyknicks.com/2020/07/18/n...n-sick-handle/