Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 229 of 430 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279329 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 6441
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Frank and DSJ are both non factors. If we get anything from either of these guys itís gravy. The teams plans should not factor in anything from either guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    At this point I doubt if the Knicks will even sign this guys back or be smart enough to trade them for some value.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    False equivalency but ok
    Some people donít have a clue on what a basketball player is. Frank would be huge on a contender. The problem is heís on a terrible team. Heís going to be a good player for a long time. Will he be a star ? Very unlikely but just because a player hasnít done it in their first 3 years doesnít mean heís a bum. Some players take longer. He showed flashes towards the end. Heís 22 when the next season starts his FG % while bad rose up from 36 to 39 (from his rookie year) and he shot great from the FT line. People in here love per 36, his per 36 is 11-3-5. He needs to get that FG % up another 6% or so and be more aggressive. He can still be A valuable player
    Last edited by xxplayerxx23; 06-28-2020 at 05:01 PM.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

False equivalency but ok
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

What?

Putting DSJ and Frank at equal footing at this point is false equivalency

Literally the only poster I remember clamoring for Mitchell here was Bivory. He can claim that and he did, I remember. I do not remember any other poster saying he should be the pick going in. Iíd love to hear who else here was saying Mitchell.

And your second statement is a strange take. As of now DSJ has busted. Frank looks like the much better pro, which Iíll be the first to admit I had DSJ over Frank on my board. I was wrong. Frank as of today was the far better choice. Itís not even close. So again I genuinely donít get your point to be honest.

Who cares about the triangle. We heard that all the time when Phil was here it means basically nothing really. Better teams than us have better systems, we havenít successfully run an effective offensive system in recent memory at all.
    Itís a strange take how? Iím not talking about results now. Iím talking about at the time of the draft. If we made a logical pick, and it failed, Iíd live with the high probability of busting, or that others drafted later are sometimes better, as you mentioned earlier. And Iím not saying anything about the triangle, other than that was the justification for drafting him, not that he was the best player available. A lot didnít agree with Knox either, but at least I can see the plan there, the thought process. Like if we go PG now, and itís the bad choice. At least it made sense

Frank was a pick that made zero sense, is my point. Regardless of how they turn out going forward. He was drafted because he was a fit for the triangle. Not because he was thought to be a dynamic PG
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 06-28-2020 at 05:19 PM.

New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

What?

Wrong post

Putting DSJ and Frank at equal footing at this point is false equivalency
    I like Frank more and think he has a better shot at becoming a solid player.
    but neither guy has established themselves or deserve to be seen as a building block. Mgt should view them same way as they view Dot, Knox, and all the young guys not named RJ or Mitch

Last edited by ewing; 06-28-2020 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Some people donít have a clue on what a basketball player is. Frank would be huge on a contender. The problem is heís on a terrible team. Heís going to be a good player for a long time. Will he be a star ? Very unlikely but just because a player hasnít done it in their first 3 years doesnít mean heís a bum. Some players take longer. He showed flashes towards the end. Heís 22 when the next season starts his FG % while bad rose up from 36 to 39 (from his rookie year) and he shot great from the FT line. People in here love per 36, his per 36 is 11-3-5. He needs to get that FG % up another 6% or so and be more aggressive. He can still be A valuable player
    Huge lol

Nvm

Last edited by ewing; 06-28-2020 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Itís a strange take how? Iím not talking about results now. Iím talking about at the time of the draft. If we made a logical pick, and it failed, Iíd live with the high probability of busting, or that others drafted later are sometimes better, as you mentioned earlier. And Iím not saying anything about the triangle, other than that was the justification for drafting him, not that he was the best player available. A lot didnít agree with Knox either, but at least I can see the plan there, the thought process. Like if we go PG now, and itís the bad choice. At least it made sense

Frank was a pick that made zero sense, is my point. Regardless of how they turn out going forward. He was drafted because he was a fit for the triangle. Not because he was thought to be a dynamic PG
    You saying it made zero sense is just making a lot of assumptions. Your entire argument is he was solely picked due to the triangle. I think scouting is more nuanced than that and youíre oversimplifying something thatís not decided on such a basic level.

Things like size, b-ball IQ, attitude/work ethic, projected trajectory of strengths/weaknesses etc. likely all come into play. Iím pretty sure DSJ wasnít passed over simply because ďhe didnít fit the triangleĒ and Frank did. Itís just discounting how scouts actually assess prospects, and ultimately we have pro scouts who know what theyíre doing better than you or me.

I like Frank more and think he has a better shot at becoming a solid player.
    but neither guy has established themselves or deserve to be seen as a building block. Mgt should view them same way as they view Dot, Knox, and all the young guys not named RJ or Mitch

Of course I 100% agree with you there.

By year 9 Frank should be a solid role player.

Lol heíll probably be doing more than Trier

Lol heíll probably be doing more than Trier
    Possible. They are all in the same boat to me. I think Zo was the surest bet. Frank has the highest ceiling but hasnít shown a lot of improvement imo

Possible. They are all in the same boat to me. I think Zo was the surest bet. Frank has the highest ceiling but hasnít shown a lot of improvement imo

I wouldíve kept Trier personally, I like his potential. But theyíre polar opposites as Frank imo actually has improved in many areas/has some all around game on both sides of the floor but struggled mightily to score/shoot well consistently. Which is 1000% a very big problem that needs to get better ASAP.

Trier on the other hand can score really well but literally canít do anything else. But theyíre both young and may develop into better players (despite Trier being 24/25?) Still I wouldíve kept Trier another season to see what he looks like under a new coach personally.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Mitchell was a 2 year college player who shot 40% in college and averaged less than 3apg but was too undersized for a SG.

Can't blame the Knicks for not taking him, we had interest but he wasn't an overwhelming prospect at all. truth be told Cole Anthony had a better season and is bigger and a lot of people don't want him.
    Mitchell was 4 months older than Cole is by the time of their respective drafts. Mitchellís projected NBA 3PT% was 37.7% compared to Coleís 36.4%. Mitchell was a very good athlete with a 6í10Ē wingspan and solid frame at 211 lbs.

Mitchell averaged over 2 steals per game and is a good defender who can guard 1s and 2s. In todayís NBA he can play either position. While he only averaged 3 assists per game, he kept his TOís under 2 per game as well. Taking care of the basketball is a very underrated quality when looking at draft prospects.