Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 228 of 429 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 6428
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Harper was a better College player and Nunn is only around 6'2" what makes you think he won't be as good as Nunn.
    Well for one I donít think nunn is anything special and 2 heís 5í10 thatís huge
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Right, while Donovan Mitchell really wanted to be a Knick... Boy Phil Jackson really screwed the Knicks over.
    I like frank but yeah Mitchell is a star. It is what it is.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I like frank but yeah Mitchell is a star. It is what it is.
    I have that draft on a list, I pretend never happened..

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    This is an unreasonable way to look at it, every single draft thereís an extremely high probability guys taken after your pick end up better than who you get. 99% chance it happens to us again this draft.

Even when you get a KP, thereís a Jokic drafted 40th. We got lucky getting Mitch as late as we did.

Thereís guys in the Knox draft who are better than him we couldíve taken, and itíll probably be the case with RJ too.

Hindsight is 20-20. Iíd love to have Donovan but I can look at every single draft going back 30 years and pick some guy who went after our pick who wouldíve been a better choice and every other team can do the same thing.

Again prepare yourself for it this draft once again. Hopefully Iím wrong and we pick the absolute right guy but odds are always against you when youíre playing the field.

New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    I disagree at the end of the year when no one has anything to play for and he was coming off the bench

His offense actually wasnt bad it was the offense we were running and lack of spacing he never was a good shooter but he could always attack the rim playing 2 bigs clogged the lanes
    I can buy that argument. With Dallas, DSJís FG% at the rim was 60% which is good for a PG. With the Knicks this season that number plummeted to 54%. However his skillset also hurts our spacing because he hasnít shown he can shoot with any consistency.

So teams can just crowd the paint. Heís just not a good fit with guys like RJ and Mitch unless he can shoot at least 35% from 3 on decent volume. Otherwise we could have the best shooters at the 2/3 and 4 and there would still be a spacing issue IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    This is an unreasonable way to look at it, every single draft thereís an extremely high probability guys taken after your pick end up better than who you get. 99% chance it happens to us again this draft.

Even when you get a KP, thereís a Jokic drafted 40th. We got lucky getting Mitch as late as we did.

Thereís guys in the Knox draft who are better than him we couldíve taken, and itíll probably be the case with RJ too.

Hindsight is 20-20. Iíd love to have Donovan but I can look at every single draft going back 30 years and pick some guy who went after our pick who wouldíve been a better choice and every other team can do the same thing.

Again prepare yourself for it this draft once again. Hopefully Iím wrong and we pick the absolute right guy but odds are always against you when youíre playing the field.
    I get all that. But when our pick was a guy that we never should have taken, and the guy we should have, was one we definitely had real interest in, it hurts.

When even the majority of this forum had the foresight to know a pick was wrong, somethings up...

I get all that. But when our pick was a guy that we never should have taken, and the guy we should have, was one we definitely had real interest in, it hurts.

When even the majority of this forum had the foresight to know a pick was wrong, somethings up...
    Saying heís a pick we never should have taken is hindsight though. The majority of this forum thought the pick was wrong in foresight? The majority here wanted DSJ, not Mitchell. I think youíre rewriting history to fit a narrative.

Saying heís a pick we never should have taken is hindsight though. The majority of this forum thought the pick was wrong in foresight? The majority here wanted DSJ, not Mitchell. I think youíre rewriting history to fit a narrative.
    Nah, Iím not. While DSJ was an option, a bunch liked Mitchell. I remember there were reports we liked him a lot internally. I know Frank was not a popular choice. Best way people justified the pick was ďhe fits the triangleĒ. Iíd say that was people saying he was a questionable pick at best

Even if we drafted DSJ, and he busted, I would have been fine with it.

Nah, Iím not. While DSJ was an option, a bunch liked Mitchell. I remember there were reports we liked him a lot internally. I know Frank was not a popular choice. Best way people justified the pick was ďhe fits the triangleĒ. Iíd say that was people saying he was a questionable pick at best

Even if we drafted DSJ, and he busted, I would have been fine with it.
    Literally the only poster I remember clamoring for Mitchell here was Bivory. He can claim that and he did, I remember. I do not remember any other poster saying he should be the pick going in. Iíd love to hear who else here was saying Mitchell.

And your second statement is a strange take. As of now DSJ has busted. Frank looks like the much better pro, which Iíll be the first to admit I had DSJ over Frank on my board. I was wrong. Frank as of today was the far better choice. Itís not even close. So again I genuinely donít get your point to be honest.

Who cares about the triangle. We heard that all the time when Phil was here it means basically nothing really. Better teams than us have better systems, we havenít successfully run an effective offensive system in recent memory at all.

Lol yeah. Frank showed me some stuff towards the end of the year I still have hope. He came in so raw heís starting to fill out. Obviously I donít see him ever being anything close to Mitchell but I think he can still be good
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    I disagree at the end of the year when no one has anything to play for and he was coming off the bench

His offense actually wasnt bad it was the offense we were running and lack of spacing he never was a good shooter but he could always attack the rim playing 2 bigs clogged the lanes
    When the guy who handles the ball canít shoot he is the biggest reason your spacing sucks. Itís not everyone elseís fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Literally the only poster I remember clamoring for Mitchell here was Bivory. He can claim that and he did, I remember. I do not remember any other poster saying he should be the pick going in. Iíd love to hear who else here was saying Mitchell.

And your second statement is a strange take. As of now DSJ has busted. Frank looks like the much better pro, which Iíll be the first to admit I had DSJ over Frank on my board. I was wrong. Frank as of today was the far better choice. Itís not even close. So again I genuinely donít get your point to be honest.

Who cares about the triangle. We heard that all the time when Phil was here it means basically nothing really. Better teams than us have better systems, we havenít successfully run an effective offensive system in recent memory at all.
    Frank and DSJ are both non factors. If we get anything from either of these guys itís gravy. The teams plans should not factor in anything from either guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Mitchell was a 2 year college player who shot 40% in college and averaged less than 3apg but was too undersized for a SG.

Can't blame the Knicks for not taking him, we had interest but he wasn't an overwhelming prospect at all. truth be told Cole Anthony had a better season and is bigger and a lot of people don't want him.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Frank and DSJ are both non factors. If we get anything from either of these guys itís gravy. The teams plans should not factor in anything from either guy.

False equivalency but ok

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Mitchell was a 2 year college player who shot 40% in college and averaged less than 3apg but was too undersized for a SG.

Can't blame the Knicks for not taking him, we had interest but he wasn't an overwhelming prospect at all. truth be told Cole Anthony had a better season and is bigger and a lot of people don't want him.
    Yup the entire NBA was surprised on Mitchell quick growth but Jazz coaching staff also knew what they were doing can't say if the same effect would have happened on Knicks.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk