Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 216 of 430 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266316 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 6441
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Doncic missed 20% of the year, and KP almost 25% of the year, on top of having almost 2 years off and taking a while to get going. and they still were on pace for 51 wins.
    Itís the West. Itís no different than when some of us said KP might not make another All Star team for a while. Itís only because heís in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Asset lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can lol all you want you act like Knox isnít a young asset when he is. Heís 20 years old.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    To be fair, Wiggins is way better than anyone we might trade. And Indy got Oladipo, who even at the time of the trade had value, and Sabonis. We donít have anything of value

Iíd also argue that was a GS trade that made zero sense. If we made a trade like that everyone would be laughing. Iím sure we would have given up more to get DLo

Also there was PGs pending FA status to factor in. It was a pretty badly kept secret he was not staying. OKC completely gambled knowing all indications were he was signing with LA. That definitely impacted the return
    Wiggins on 15 million is maybe a slight positive. Wiggins on his contract is a negative. Heís a bum.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Alan Hahn continues to beat the drum that the Knicks can trade for Donovan Mitchell because he will become the next disgruntled good player. The Knicks also have the draft capital to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Alan Hahn continues to beat the drum that the Knicks can trade for Donovan Mitchell because he will become the next disgruntled good player. The Knicks also have the draft capital to get it done.
    He probably would cost RJ and 3 picks tho lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Is buddy hield even a top 10 SG? Lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    He probably would cost RJ and 3 picks tho lol
    More like Frank or Knox and 3 picks.

absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Even the Rockets with Harden have fluctuated.

If Hardaway opts into his final year, they will not have cap space. In fact, theyíll likely be over due to the salary cap dropping or remaining the same. Any improvement will have to come via trade.

I donít know what his value is exactly and I agree itís tough because the Knicks lack good players. I just donít think heíll command much better first round picks (in both value and quantity). I guess Iím saying that if a team were high on Knox and/or Frank like the Kings were with Hield, despite his lackluster rookie season, then I could see a package around them and one of the Mavs picks being good enough to get it done.

Weíll see though. I donít think the Knicks would trade for him based on his salary, but if he continues to complain, another team will and we can compare then. My main thing is just the type of draft pick compensation theyíll get. I donít see it being as crazy as you think.
    Harden never had a KP next to him. that being said they really only had 1 bad year.

Itís the West. Itís no different than when some of us said KP might not make another All Star team for a while. Itís only because heís in the West.
    the west is tougher but the great players, the Curry's, the Durant's, the Hardens...etc... all won 50+ year in and year out. You're underrating Doncic, and then underrating how good a #2 KP is on both ends and in terms of fit. Great players win, Lebron would win 55+ out west every year too.

the west is tougher but the great players, the Curry's, the Durant's, the Hardens...etc... all won 50+ year in and year out. You're underrating Doncic, and then underrating how good a #2 KP is on both ends and in terms of fit. Great players win, Lebron would win 55+ out west every year too.
    The point is nobody expects the Mavs to the elite of the elite of the NBA next year. That puts them in low to mid 20s for a draft pick, which is a valuable pick no matter how you slice it - and it's only bolstered by the fact that we simply don't know where that pick ends up.

A number of posters have already laid out why Hield can be had - he's disgruntled, he's perceived by his own team as a one-trick pony, he's severely overpaid relative to his role, the shrinking cap, etc.

There's no reason why the 2021 Mavs pick couldn't be the centerpiece of a trade for Heild. Add in some combination of Knox/DSJ/Frank/Randle/2nd round picks, and that should be more than sufficient to get a deal done.

Iím not underrating him. Those players are still elite and Doncic will only be going into his 3rd year. They arenít going anywhere and they all canít just win 55 games. Something has to give.

Iím also not saying that they wonít win 50+ games from here on out, but as evidenced by this year, thatís still the 18th pick. They arenít going from 50/51 wins to pushing 60 wins in one season with the same roster, while having to get past Harden/Westbrook, LeBron/AD, Kawhi/PG13, Denver and the Warriors.

Even if you want to say that they can be better than one of the Rockets or Nuggets, that still leaves them as no better than the 5th seed.

Just to put it into perspective, the Warriors won the West last year with 57 wins. Itís more likely than not that the Mavs stay in the 50-54 win bubble each season like the majority of the West, but that can mean picking anywhere between 18 and 25, with even just one or two extra losses being a big difference in that conference.

Last year the 8th seed and 5th seed were separated by two games. The year before, the 8th seed and the 3rd seed were separated by two games.

The Mavs time is coming, but itís likely not next year.
    Last edited by smood999; 06-25-2020 at 11:59 AM.

Iím not underrating him. Those players are still really, really good and Doncic will only be going into his 3rd year. They all canít just win 55 games. Something has to give.

Iím also not saying that they wonít win 50+ games from here on out, but as evidenced by this year, thatís still the 18th pick. They arenít going from 50/51 wins to pushing 60 wins in one season with the same roster, while having to get past Harden/Westbrook, LeBron/AD, Kawhi/PG13, Denver and the Warriors.

Even if you want to say that they can be better than one of the Rockets or Nuggets, that still leaves them as no better than the 5th seed.

Just to put it into perspective, the Warriors won the West last year with 57 wins. Itís more likely than not that the Mavs stay in the 50-54 win bubble each season like the majority of the West, but that can mean picking anywhere between 18 and 25, with even just one or two extra losses being a big difference in that conference.

Last year the 8th seed and 5th seed were separated by two games. The year before, the 8th seed and the 3rd seed were separated by two games.

The Mavs time is coming, but itís likely not next year.
    i mean we kind of agree then, i was just saying #18 pick is much more of a best case scenario. 54 wins usually gets you around #25 and that's about where DAL should be next year, but I could also see them closer to 60. They are a young team and sometimes that means HUNGRIER.

In a normal world all this trades would make sense but it's the Knicks remember trading first for Barf not trading for Lowry and trading two first to get rid of Jeffries and trading there best asset year before FA hit so all of you saying blah blah it won't cost much remember it's Dolan Perry and a Agent discussing trade deals worlds worst IQ team built ever.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Without a veteran PG, Buddy Hield is NOT the answer or the right move for the Knicks. Knicks had some 3pt shooting last yr and ALL of them had a down yrs because we have no PG. Eli had his worst shooting yr in a decade, Portis, worst in 4 yrs, and Bullock, worst in 6 yrs.

Without a veteran PG to set Buddy up, he's no better than having Eli.