Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 284 of 564 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 8451
    Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Problem with Elfriid is that heís playing on a team without shooters. Whatís good about having a PG that can pass and breakdown the defense if the spacing and overall talent is crap?
    he played on ORL & PHO teams with shooters and they let him go too, he's just not good. he can't shoot from ANYWHERE. not just 3's.

Elfriid Payton had multiple chances. It said everything when Knicks' RJ Barrett said he preferred Frank Ntilikina getting him the ball. Anyone who thought Payton is this league secret PG, should get punched him in the d#ck. The guy has terrible court vision.

Knicks need Perry to focus on ascertaining more significant First Round picks. Portland Trailblazers have 2 aging point guards who are both owed 5 and 4 yrs respectively. They're a team desperate to give up one of their thirty year old guards for future unprotected First Rounders.

Would the Pelicans part with one of their 50 extra First Rounders from the Lakers for 36 year old JJ Redick?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Elfriid Payton had multiple chances. It said everything when Knicks' RJ Barrett said he preferred Frank Ntilikina getting him the ball. Anyone who thought Payton is this league secret PG, should get punched him in the d#ck. The guy has terrible court vision.

Knicks need Perry to focus on ascertaining more significant First Round picks. Portland Trailblazers have 2 aging point guards who are both owed 5 and 4 yrs respectively. They're a team desperate to give up one of their thirty year old guards for future unprotected First Rounders.

Would the Pelicans part with one of their 50 extra First Rounders from the Lakers for 36 year old JJ Redick?
    That never happened. Payton is the only PG on the Knicks and if he's resigned, it will surprise no one. The love for Frank makes everyone hate Payton but Frank is simply not a good basketball player and is proven to be a lot worst than Payton. Its just not even close. Payton may not be able to shoot but the fact that he's STILL better than Frank, should tell you something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    That never happened. Payton is the only PG on the Knicks and if he's resigned, it will surprise no one. The love for Frank makes everyone hate Payton but Frank is simply not a good basketball player and is proven to be a lot worst than Payton. Its just not even close. Payton may not be able to shoot but the fact that he's STILL better than Frank, should tell you something.
    This. Can go around in circles all day, but truth is, regardless of how you feel about Payton, but heís better overall. And heís started the majority of games heís played. Frank hasnt proven he can even give a consistent 20 minutes yet.

Want to say play Frank because heís young, fine. But heís not better

Payton's contract is partially guaranteed. It completely depends on whether or not Leon Rose goes for Chris Paul. Another factor is who the Knicks draft in August. Personally I think it's a mistake to keep this guy on for another $8M because he's not a mentor. He's terrible at getting RJ the ball. Why would you keep this chump when you can draft LaMelo Ball and a combo guard to fill in the back court. There's always a Ramon Sessions for a Canadian Peso when you need him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Payton is a trash can
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Frank isnít a PG either but that doesnít change the fact that Payton sucks.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Frank isnít a PG either but that doesnít change the fact that Payton sucks.
    Someone has to play the spot. Frank was our starting PG for 20 plus games when Payton was out. It was a disaster. DSJ has shown even less then Frank at the spot. I also donít think you can really trust any of these rookies. I would expect Payton to be back or replaced with a different stop gag PG. I canít see Thibs going into the season without a PG. maybe if we get an offensive player we can play through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

with thibs here now I wouldnít mind melo coming back

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Someone has to play the spot. Frank was our starting PG for 20 plus games when Payton was out. It was a disaster. DSJ has shown even less then Frank at the spot. I also donít think you can really trust any of these rookies. I would expect Payton to be back or replaced with a different stop gag PG. I canít see Thibs going into the season without a PG. maybe if we get an offensive player we can play through

If we get Lamelo I expect them to roll with him and maybe Dsj or maybe they trade for Paul and play Paul with Lamelo who knows. Payton sucks no need to bring him back
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

If we get Lamelo I expect them to roll with him and maybe Dsj or maybe they trade for Paul and play Paul with Lamelo who knows. Payton sucks no need to bring him back
    If they get Lamelo I could see them rolling with him. In fact I could see them rolling with anyone and just being terrible. I just canít imagine Thibs not pushing to have someone on the roaster that is an NBA PG. I will be surprised if Payton isnít back or replaced with Teague/Augustine type player

Last edited by ewing; 07-26-2020 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If they get Lamelo I could see them rolling with him. In fact I could see them rolling with anyone and just being terrible. I just canít imagine Thibs not pushing to have someone on the roaster that is an NBA PG. I will be surprised if Payton isnít back or replaced with Teague/Augustine type player

Teague is better than Payton. The only way these kids are going to get better is with good minutes anyway. Lamelo should play 30+ minutes a game. Whether he struggles or not we have to play the kids we draft. If theyíre gonna go win now then you have to make big moves I donít think itís smart to do that. Iíd rather play the kids. If we get lucky and jump in the lotto and can keep that mavs pick we can have two picks next year to add to our young guys. Itís the only way weíre going to get better.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

Teague is better than Payton. The only way these kids are going to get better is with good minutes anyway. Lamelo should play 30+ minutes a game. Whether he struggles or not we have to play the kids we draft. If theyíre gonna go win now then you have to make big moves I donít think itís smart to do that. Iíd rather play the kids. If we get lucky and jump in the lotto and can keep that mavs pick we can have two picks next year to add to our young guys. Itís the only way weíre going to get better.
    I agree. Teague is definitely better. Augustine can shoot a little idk if he is better. I just looked for free agent stop gag pgs. I would have no issue with them drafting a pg and giving him the reins. I would support it. Iím not confident it will happen and wouldnít be surprised if it didnít

I expect Dennis Smith Jr who will be an UFA at the end of next season, basically disappear. Derek Harper said it best, you can't stand pat...you gotta continue to improve as a pro. Smith lived/died off his raw athleticism. The league adjusted. Now he doesn't contribute much on the court.

With Thibs comes a few trusted soldiers like Taj Gibson, D. Rose, Augustine or Jeff Teague.

Payton and DSJ won't be back. Frank stays for defense only but not much will be expected of him moving forward and for the right player in return Frank may have played his last season with us as well.

I think the Knicks may make a run at PG Chris Paul if all else fails.