Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 238 of 303 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 4534
  1. #3556
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    47,505
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Why is it super overrated?

    $20M isnít a lot of money anymore. Itís not like I said to give Spencer the max. If we could get him for less, thatís amazing. Heís not a FA though so we would have to deal for him. Heís only 26 years old still.

    But if we did get Dinwiddie, FVV, and Wood this team could be a problem actually. FVV and Dinwiddie compliment each other very well because Dinwiddie has SG size. Both guys can play on or off-ball.

    Wood has unlimited upside and is extremely efficient and athletic.

    Mitch
    Wood
    Barrett
    Dinwiddie
    FVV

    If you donít think RJ is going to be a baller, then trade him. It doesnít make sense to build an entire roster around one player who has shown to have a flawed skillset up to this point. Just get talent.

    Thatís not even factoring in our draft pick. This roster wouldnít be my #1 option (I never mentioned getting both FVV and Spencer), but it would still be far and away one of the best rosters that we have had in long time. These guys are all very good players.
    Spencer and FVV compliment each other very well. They both are used to sharing PG responsibilities. Freddy makes up for Spencerís streaky range shooting and Spencer makes up for Freddyís lack the driving and ability create from scratch. Iíll write a check for 40 million.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  2. #3557
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,650

    New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Spencer and FVV compliment each other very well. They both are used to sharing PG responsibilities. Freddy makes up for Spencerís streaky range shooting and Spencer makes up for Freddyís lack the driving and ability create from scratch. Iíll write a check for 40 million.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly, and for that price you really arenít going to do better in FA these days. I expect them to both get more than $20M each honestly. Rozier got that and heís not nearly as good as either guy.

  3. #3558
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,123
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Spencer and FVV compliment each other very well. They both are used to sharing PG responsibilities. Freddy makes up for Spencerís streaky range shooting and Spencer makes up for Freddyís lack the driving and ability create from scratch. Iíll write a check for 40 million.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good luck with defending Elite Guards with that lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  4. #3559
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,123
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Why is it super overrated?

    $20M isnít a lot of money anymore. Itís not like I said to give Spencer the max. If we could get him for less, thatís amazing. Heís not a FA though so we would have to deal for him. Heís only 26 years old still.

    But if we did get Dinwiddie, FVV, and Wood this team could be a problem actually. FVV and Dinwiddie compliment each other very well because Dinwiddie has SG size. Both guys can play on or off-ball.

    Wood has unlimited upside and is extremely efficient and athletic.

    Mitch
    Wood
    Barrett
    Dinwiddie
    FVV

    If you donít think RJ is going to be a baller, then trade him. It doesnít make sense to build an entire roster around one player who has shown to have a flawed skillset up to this point. Just get talent.

    Thatís not even factoring in our draft pick. This roster wouldnít be my #1 option (I never mentioned getting both FVV and Spencer), but it would still be far and away one of the best rosters that we have had in long time. These guys are all very good players.
    Because that stat is heavily influenced based on team and how high of a usage that player uses. It isnít the worst but it isnít something to throw out there all the time. Our team defense would be very mediocre and lol dinwiddie FVV and Wood is making us a problem? If RJs a star we probably fight for a 6 seed at best. Wood doesnít have unlimited upside lol come on you really think Christian ****ing wood has star potential ? Come on now not a shot in the world. I think he could be a solid player but man nowhere near a star. If your wasting 60 mill between those 3 + our draft pick + RJ we would be stuck with that core. That core isnít a threat to anybody.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  5. #3560
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,123
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Well I mean thatís not the only reason. His defense is nothing to write home about and Iím not sure heís a guy who will impact games in other ways outside of scoring. Dinwiddieís PG skills adds to his value.

    If we can allow RJ to develop as more of primary ballhandler, his value will increase exponentially. Thatís where I can see a PG like Cole being a good fit since he can play more off-ball too.

    As for RJís shot, Iím just not confident in it because heís awful from the FT line. His shot doesnít look fluid or natural to me.

    Dinwiddieís not a great shooter, but at least heís always been an above average FT shooter (college too). He takes a lot of difficult shots which can partially explain some of his shooting numbers. This ability helps down the stretch in the clutch.

    RJ is 20 btw, but time is definitely on his side. Iím hoping to see some substantial improvement in Year 2. Expectations should be high for a Top 3 pick. He needs to prove that he was worthy of the selection.
    I mean dinwiddie shoots terrible shots. Heís also not a very fluid jump shooter. Great Ft% is awesome but that doesnít mean we can expect him to all of a sudden become a league average 3 point shooter. RJ was a rookie a ton of rookies start out with terrible %s. FTs are half mental anyway. RJ will be fine. His shot isnít ďfluidĒ but Iíd bet on him being a better 3 point shooter than dinwiddie as soon as next year but definitely by year 3.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  6. #3561
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,123
    Q for you guys

    2020 pick 2021 mavs pick 2022 Knicks first Frank + Randle For Booker? Thereís been a couple rumors about booker maybe hitting the market. I think he would cost a lot more and wouldnít give RJ + our pick this year which is what I think theyíd start with.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  7. 07-02-2020, 03:09 AM

  8. #3562
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    47,505

    New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Good luck with defending Elite Guards with that lol
    You mean James Harden might score?
    Freddy is a good defender and Spencer isnít bad and is a very switchable long 6í5.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 07-02-2020 at 05:11 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  9. #3563
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    47,505

    New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I mean dinwiddie shoots terrible shots. Heís also not a very fluid jump shooter. Great Ft% is awesome but that doesnít mean we can expect him to all of a sudden become a league average 3 point shooter. RJ was a rookie a ton of rookies start out with terrible %s. FTs are half mental anyway. RJ will be fine. His shot isnít ďfluidĒ but Iíd bet on him being a better 3 point shooter than dinwiddie as soon as next year but definitely by year 3.
    Iíve been hearing about Knicks that are definitely going learn to shoot in there 20s forever. Sorry but there is no guarantee RJ learns to shoot. A lot of guys extend their range or start taking better shots but few learn to shoot. RJ isnít Channing Frye extending out to 3. Heís kind of a brick layer. I think RJ has a better chance then most bc honestly I think he has more drive then most but he still is not likely to become some knock down shooter.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 07-02-2020 at 05:53 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  10. #3564
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    47,505

    New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Because that stat is heavily influenced based on team and how high of a usage that player uses. It isnít the worst but it isnít something to throw out there all the time. Our team defense would be very mediocre and lol dinwiddie FVV and Wood is making us a problem? If RJs a star we probably fight for a 6 seed at best. Wood doesnít have unlimited upside lol come on you really think Christian ****ing wood has star potential ? Come on now not a shot in the world. I think he could be a solid player but man nowhere near a star. If your wasting 60 mill between those 3 + our draft pick + RJ we would be stuck with that core. That core isnít a threat to anybody.
    Itís lacking superstar talent. Those guy are worth more then you can pay them and there arenít enough of them to go around. If we are going to contend we will need to land one of those guys. Doesnít mean that Freddy and Spencer wouldnít be an above average starting back court. Thatís a good back court. Iím not on the Wood train like Stuna and he hasnít done near enough to warrant that size of the deal imo.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 07-02-2020 at 08:27 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  11. #3565
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,937
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Why is it super overrated?

    $20M isnít a lot of money anymore. Itís not like I said to give Spencer the max. If we could get him for less, thatís amazing. Heís not a FA though so we would have to deal for him. Heís only 26 years old still.

    But if we did get Dinwiddie, FVV, and Wood this team could be a problem actually. FVV and Dinwiddie compliment each other very well because Dinwiddie has SG size. Both guys can play on or off-ball.

    Wood has unlimited upside and is extremely efficient and athletic.

    Mitch
    Wood
    Barrett
    Dinwiddie
    FVV

    If you donít think RJ is going to be a baller, then trade him. It doesnít make sense to build an entire roster around one player who has shown to have a flawed skillset up to this point. Just get talent.

    Thatís not even factoring in our draft pick. This roster wouldnít be my #1 option (I never mentioned getting both FVV and Spencer), but it would still be far and away one of the best rosters that we have had in long time. These guys are all very good players.
    it's not chump change either, it's almost 1/5th of the cap. Randle makes $20m and no one would touch that contract unless we attached assets.

    Spencer is 27 and would be 28 with us next year.

    I have absolutely no issue giving $20m to an established player that fits like Gallo, or a young guy like Beasely who fits AND has upside. but a 28 year old Spencer who shoots 31% on 3's? when that's our biggest need? no thanks. and you're not even saying "20m max"... you're saying 20m+ EASILY. imagine a team spending $50m for Spencer and WOod, they'd be in basketball purgatory.
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 07-02-2020 at 08:02 AM.

  12. #3566
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,179
    The problem in the NBA is multi-fold:

    1. The Larry Bird exception is the DUMBEST rule. A team can exceed the salary cap to re-sign a veteran superstar.

    2. All contracts are guaranteed. The Knicks have gotten screwed badly on the injuries of Allan Houston, Amare's knee, and just bad breaks all around.

    3. Players' demands are much higher than the rate at which the cap is growing. $20M/season is for a tertiary player when top tier of talent wants $40M/season and next level wants $30M+/season.

  13. #3567
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,650

    New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Because that stat is heavily influenced based on team and how high of a usage that player uses. It isnít the worst but it isnít something to throw out there all the time. Our team defense would be very mediocre and lol dinwiddie FVV and Wood is making us a problem? If RJs a star we probably fight for a 6 seed at best. Wood doesnít have unlimited upside lol come on you really think Christian ****ing wood has star potential ? Come on now not a shot in the world. I think he could be a solid player but man nowhere near a star. If your wasting 60 mill between those 3 + our draft pick + RJ we would be stuck with that core. That core isnít a threat to anybody.
    Team and usage doesnít have anything to do with individual ORtg. Itís the number of points produced per 100 possessions by a single player. This and TS% paint the best picture for player efficiency.

    Yeah I think Wood absolutely has star potential. Heís an elite rim runner who can also shoot, drive, and has a post game too.

    $60M on those 3 would put this team in the playoffs every season for the foreseeable future. Thatís a good way to become a respectable team again and become more desirable to future FAs.

    If RJ becomes as good as some people think, then we could be a Top 4 team.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 07-02-2020 at 10:32 AM.

  14. #3568
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10,612
    I heard Lamar Peters is a FA. I like Harper and maybe he's the replacement but, I was hoping Peters would get an opportunity. 40% on 9 attempts a game from 3 with a deadly step-back combined w/ 7asts a game??? Knicks need to clean house at PG and give both Peters and Harper an opportunity. If Knicks are picking 6th, maybe they shouldn't be so set on PG after-all.

  15. #3569
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,650
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I mean dinwiddie shoots terrible shots. Heís also not a very fluid jump shooter. Great Ft% is awesome but that doesnít mean we can expect him to all of a sudden become a league average 3 point shooter. RJ was a rookie a ton of rookies start out with terrible %s. FTs are half mental anyway. RJ will be fine. His shot isnít ďfluidĒ but Iíd bet on him being a better 3 point shooter than dinwiddie as soon as next year but definitely by year 3.
    Spencerís jumpshot looks very fluid and athletic. That doesnít mean it goes in more often, but he can get off difficult shots.

    RJ did improve from the line as the season progressed. Iíd like to him to be at least 70%. He should focus more on making his FTs than shooting 3s. His strength is driving so he needs to make those.

  16. #3570
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,581
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Team and usage doesnít have anything to do with individual ORtg. Itís the number of points produced per 100 possessions by a single player. This and TS% paint the best picture for player efficiency.

    Yeah I think Wood absolutely has star potential. Heís an elite rim runner who can also shoot, drive, and has a post game too.

    $60M on those 3 would put this team in the playoffs every season for the foreseeable future. Thatís a good way to become a respectable team again and become more desirable to future FAs.
    Is Wood a rim-runner? Maybe I haven't seen enough of him, but the way you've described him as a floor-spacing, rim-running big doesn't really mesh with what I've seen from him...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •