Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 230 of 317 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 4743
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Mitchell was 4 months older than Cole is by the time of their respective drafts. Mitchellís projected NBA 3PT% was 37.7% compared to Coleís 36.4%. Mitchell was a very good athlete with a 6í10Ē wingspan and solid frame at 211 lbs.

Mitchell averaged over 2 steals per game and is a good defender who can guard 1s and 2s. In todayís NBA he can play either position. While he only averaged 3 assists per game, he kept his TOís under 2 per game as well. Taking care of the basketball is a very underrated quality when looking at draft prospects.
    how does one "project" NBA 3pt%? that's kinda silly. Cole also shot from NBA 3point range in college, Mitchell had a 20 foot 3pointer.

Mitchell isn't a great scorer because of his wingspan, no idea why you think that's so important for a scoring PG.

and Cole doesn't have a solid frame? Mitchell didn't have to run PG on a horrible team, so yes his TO's were lower.

none of this matters, you want to just recite stats without context as if that's all that matters, that's why you think Wood is great and Obi is the 2nd coming. Mitchell was older, yes that's part of my point, yet people point to Cole's age as if he's old.

but overall I'm talking about how they were ranked, Mitchell was no sure thing just like Cole isn't.

New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    how does one "project" NBA 3pt%? that's kinda silly. Cole also shot from NBA 3point range in college, Mitchell had a 20 foot 3pointer.

Mitchell isn't a great scorer because of his wingspan, no idea why you think that's so important for a scoring PG.

and Cole doesn't have a solid frame? Mitchell didn't have to run PG on a horrible team, so yes his TO's were lower.

none of this matters, you want to just recite stats without context as if that's all that matters, that's why you think Wood is great and Obi is the 2nd coming. Mitchell was older, yes that's part of my point, yet people point to Cole's age as if he's old.

but overall I'm talking about how they were ranked, Mitchell was no sure thing just like Cole isn't.
    With 3PT%, % of FGs that are 3s, FT%, and FTA. But thatís correct about the new 3PT line so thatís something new to consider in the evaluation process. The 3PT% we see in college now are probably going to translate better than they did in the past.

Having a longer wingspan is always beneficial. It helps keep your dribble lower to the ground which will help with ball security and will also help with finishing at the rim, having a higher release point, and on defense. That doesnít mean you canít you successful without having a large wingspan.

I point that out because you say Cole has more size and doesnít. Heís going to be listed at 6í2Ē max (without shoes now) and his wingspan/weight is nowhere near Mitchellís. Cole is the same age as most sophomores which needs to be taken into account.

Iím not nearly as high on Toppin as I am on Wood due to the defensive concerns. I just think that despite his short-comings there, he is a safe prospect with a lot of upside if he can clean up his defense. In this draft, thatís enough to go Top 5-10.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 06-28-2020 at 07:01 PM.

Height is more important for a scoring PG than wingspan IMO.

either way, you're so down on Cole who is a very similar prospect to DM when he was coming out.

With 3PT%, % of FGs that are 3s, FT%, and FTA. But thatís correct about the new 3PT line so thatís something new to consider in the evaluation process. The 3PT% we see in college now are probably going to translate better than they did in the past.

Having a longer wingspan is always beneficial. It helps keep your dribble lower to the ground which will help with ball security and will also help with finishing at the rim, having a higher release point, and on defense. That doesnít mean you canít you successful without having a large wingspan.

I point that out because you say Cole has more size and doesnít. Heís going to be listed at 6í2Ē max (without shoes now) and his wingspan/weight is nowhere near Mitchellís. Cole is the same age as most sophomores which needs to be taken into account.

Iím not nearly as high on Toppin as I am on Wood due to the defensive concerns. I just think that despite his short-comings there, he is a safe prospect with a lot of upside if he can clean up his defense. In this draft, thatís enough to go Top 5-10.
    You like Toppin more than Poku?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Possible. They are all in the same boat to me. I think Zo was the surest bet. Frank has the highest ceiling but hasnít shown a lot of improvement imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Heís definitely shown a lot of improvements lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Height is more important for a scoring PG than wingspan IMO.

either way, you're so down on Cole who is a very similar prospect to DM when he was coming out.
    Where someone measures at the top of their head is mostly meaningless. The only advantage I can see for being taller is being able to see over defenders better. Honestly standing reach is most important (even more important than wingspan IMO), but Iíve heard the measurements arenít always accurate and can be rigged to increase a playerís vertical.

Iím actually not nearly as down on Cole as I used to be. I have him as my 4th PG on my list. LaMelo, Hayes, Lewis, and then Cole. I would take Deni over the latter two if heís available and over Toppin because I agree that he is a much better fit and I feel bullish on his potential.

I think he could be a star in NYC where there is a very large Jewish community here.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 06-28-2020 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Of course they do.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Yes 100%. Toppin is a much safer prospect and easier projection to the NBA. Poku has more theoretical upside though.

At worst Toppin is going to be a high-level rim-runner/finisher who can pass and shoot a bit.

Yes 100%. Toppin is a much safer prospect and easier projection to the NBA. Poku has more theoretical upside though.

At worst Toppin is going to be a high-level rim-runner/finisher who can pass and shoot a bit.
    Interesting, I donít think heís safer at all personally

Interesting, I donít think heís safer at all personally
    Poku may end up better than Toppin in the future, but Iím not sure how Poku can be viewed as the safer prospect. Thereís a very wide range for what his future outcomes can be. Poku can be a complete bust whereas Toppin already does things well offensively at an NBA level. At worst heíll be a contributor off the bench somewhere.

Knox has been putting real work in on his shooting. Hopefully he comes in next year a more aggressive better player. Huge year for him.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Poku may end up better than Toppin in the future, but Iím not sure how Poku can be viewed as the safer prospect. Thereís a very wide range for what his future outcomes can be. Poku can be a complete bust whereas Toppin already does things well offensively at an NBA level. At worst heíll be a contributor off the bench somewhere.
    How do you know he does things well at an NBA level when he hasnít stepped on an NBA court? Heís a 22 year old man playing against 18 year old boys.

Poku is a possible unicorn in the making (sorry for the term lol), but itís true. I like him more than most guys in this class.

How do you know he does things well at an NBA level when he hasnít stepped on an NBA court? Heís a 22 year old man playing against 18 year old boys.

Poku is a possible unicorn in the making (sorry for the term lol), but itís true. I like him more than most guys in this class.
    This was Toppinís age 21 season (basically a senior but with only 2 years of college experience), and not all players in college are 18 year old freshman you know. Players his age have had NBA success too.

Thereís no doubt is my mind that Toppin will be a high level rim-runner. He has explosive vertical athleticism and is a huge threat in transition. He may not develop into an above average shooter, but I think heíll be a decent shooter at worst.

If Toppinís perimeter defense doesnít improve, heís still be a solid defender in the paint most likely and can play some 5. Heíll probably add a few more pounds as he gets older. Heís only been this height for a few years afterall.

I think the term unicorn gets thrown around too loosely. Someone like Wood is a unicorn IMO because of his freakish all-around athleticism and ability for a man his height. I donít see Poku like that.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 06-28-2020 at 08:32 PM.

This was Toppinís age 21 season (basically a senior but with only 2 years of college experience), and not all players in college are 18 year old freshman you know. Players his age have had NBA success too.

Thereís no doubt is my mind that Toppin will be a high level rim-runner. He has explosive vertical athleticism and is a huge threat in transition. He may not develop into an above average shooter, but I think heíll be a decent shooter at worst.

If Toppinís perimeter defense doesnít improve, heís still be a solid defender in the paint most likely and can play some 5. Heíll probably add a few more pounds as he gets older. Heís only been this height for a few years afterall.

I think the term unicorn gets thrown around too loosely. Someone like Wood is a unicorn IMO because of his freakish all-around athleticism and ability for a man his height. I donít see Poku like that.
    Poku is ridiculously smooth for his height. I think the league is in for a surprise with this kid, he could be very special.