Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 239 of 303 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 4534
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Is Wood a rim-runner? Maybe I haven't seen enough of him, but the way you've described him as a floor-spacing, rim-running big doesn't really mesh with what I've seen from him...
    Hopefully this video can provide everyone clarity on why I think Wood is a stud. Couldnít have put it any better myself:

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    it's not chump change either, it's almost 1/5th of the cap. Randle makes $20m and no one would touch that contract unless we attached assets.

Spencer is 27 and would be 28 with us next year.

I have absolutely no issue giving $20m to an established player that fits like Gallo, or a young guy like Beasely who fits AND has upside. but a 28 year old Spencer who shoots 31% on 3's? when that's our biggest need? no thanks. and you're not even saying "20m max"... you're saying 20m+ EASILY. imagine a team spending $50m for Spencer and WOod, they'd be in basketball purgatory.
    Itís pretty much chump change for 3 good starters. The salary cap was $109M and you can go up to $133M without passing the luxury tax. $60M for those 3 guys would be less than 1/2 of the payroll.

Randle is a waste of money, thatís $20M not well-spent. Spencer just turned 27 and I see no reason why he canít be a good player for another 5 years. Heís only gotten better with each passing season.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Itís pretty much chump change for 3 good starters. The salary cap was $109M and you can go up to $133M without passing the luxury tax. $60M for those 3 guys would be less than 1/2 of the payroll.

Randle is a waste of money, thatís $20M not well-spent. Spencer just turned 27 and I see no reason why he canít be a good player for another 5 years. Heís only gotten better with each passing season.
    Teams have to re-sign their own to get to that amount. They canít reach it signing free agents to $20 million contracts.

You sign all of those guys to $20 million the team is stuck not being good enough to truly compete for anything and not being bad enough to get a high draft pick. Their ceiling would be capped and Iím not even sure that team is guaranteed to make the playoffs.

Thatís just poor cap management.
    Last edited by smood999; 07-02-2020 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Teams have to re-sign their own to get to that amount. They canít reach it signing free agents to $20 million contracts.

You sign all of those guys to $20 million the team is stuck not being good enough to truly compete for anything and not being bad enough to get a high draft pick. Their ceiling would be capped and Iím not even sure that team is guaranteed to make the playoffs.

Thatís just poor cap management.
    True but we have a ton of cap space. That team would definitely be a playoff team. Iíve seen much worse cap management.

Weíd be getting 3 underrated players who could easily outplay their respective contracts and are young enough to be apart of a core moving forward. We need to get better as does our scouting.

We have done better in recent history picking outside of the lottery anyway.

If we got lucky and got the #1 pick would you trade Knox +Frank + Randle +2021 Knicks first+2022 Knicks first + 2023 mavs first For booker? Obviously we donít know if bookers available and Iím not sure thatís enough But it seems as if itís tough to get fair value nowadays without Leonard saying Iím not going to your team unless you get PG. We could theoretically then decline the options

Bring in gallo for 20 mill a year on 2 years
    Wood maybe 3/45 with a team option
    Dotson for something we were gonna give trier 4.5?

That includes Balls projected salary at pick 1, Noahís dead cap salary cap , the 27th pick and the salary cap at 115 but I left about 4-5 million Incase it doesnít rise at all

Ball-Dsj
    Booker-Dotson
    RJ - Iggy
    Gallo The 27th pick
    Mitch - Wood playing the 4 and the 5
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    If we got lucky and got the #1 pick would you trade Knox +Frank + Randle +2021 Knicks first+2022 Knicks first + 2023 mavs first For booker? Obviously we donít know if bookers available and Iím not sure thatís enough But it seems as if itís tough to get fair value nowadays without Leonard saying Iím not going to your team unless you get PG. We could theoretically then decline the options

Bring in gallo for 20 mill a year on 2 years
    Wood maybe 3/45 with a team option
    Dotson for something we were gonna give trier 4.5?

That includes Balls projected salary at pick 1, Noahís dead cap salary cap , the 27th pick and the salary cap at 115 but I left about 4-5 million Incase it doesnít rise at all

Ball-Dsj
    Booker-Dotson
    RJ - Iggy
    Gallo The 27th pick
    Mitch - Wood playing the 4 and the 5
    Sure. But what are the chances we get to keep our 2020 pick, RJ, and Mitch, and still be able to trade for Booker?

Sure. But what are the chances we get to keep our 2020 pick, RJ, and Mitch, and still be able to trade for Booker?
    Iíd say 0% chance but if we got to keep frank and one of the other picks and traded them pick 1 we could maybe swap out signing either wood or gallo and go get CP3. That would be close it would probably have to take Dotson out too. 10+4.5 +15. Weíd have to give frank in the cp3 deal

Paul-Dsj
    Booker-
    RJ iggy
    Galo 27th pick
    Mitch Taj (min ) is
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I would trade RJ, Knox, Randle, next yearís 1st, and Mavs 2023 pick for Booker. Sign Wood and Grant:

Mitch
    Wood
    Grant
    Booker
    LaMelo

The length and defensive potential on this squad is crazy. Booker would be our smallest player lol

I would trade RJ, Knox, Randle, next yearís 1st, and Mavs 2023 pick for Booker. Sign Wood and Grant:

Mitch
    Wood
    Grant
    Booker
    LaMelo

The length and defensive potential on this squad is crazy. Booker would be our smallest player lol
    Iíd do that probably but you canít be serious with thinking Grant is a SF or starting at SF on a good team lol. Weíd need a better 3. Also while I think wood can play PF for stretches heís not playing full time there. That team would be ok probably a 7 seed at best
    Last edited by xxplayerxx23; 07-02-2020 at 08:32 PM.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Mitch
    Wood
    Grant
    Booker
    LaMelo

You think RJ, and 2 firsts gets it done? For Booker whoís under contract for 3 more years? I highly doubt it

Reports we interviewed J. Kidd today. What do you guys think about Kidd as a coach (strengths/weaknesses)?
    On the other hand my guy Patrick Ewing endorses Thibs...
    Kidd vs. Thibs?

Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    Reports we interviewed J. Kidd today. What do you guys think about Kidd as a coach (strengths/weaknesses)?
    On the other hand my guy Patrick Ewing endorses Thibs...
    Kidd vs. Thibs?
    Preferably none of the above. But if itís one of them, Thibs by a good margin

From everything Iíve heard Kidd works well with superstars like LeBron. Everything else no. Iíd honestly prefer Mark Jackson over Kidd.

But just give me either Atkinson, Udoka or third is Thibs. Should be a 3 horse race imo between them.

New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Iíd do that probably but you canít be serious with thinking Grant is a SF or starting at SF on a good team lol. Weíd need a better 3. Also while I think wood can play PF for stretches heís not playing full time there. That team would be ok probably a 7 seed at best
    Grant is a good player and defender. Heís become a good shooter. He doesnít need to be some huge scorer who creates when you have Booker, Wood, and LaMelo (eventually). I donít see any other better options at the 3. When one presents itself, we can get someone better. Wood is a full-time starting 4 who can play some 5 when Mitch is on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    You think RJ, and 2 firsts gets it done? For Booker whoís under contract for 3 more years? I highly doubt it
    Iím not sure. Depends on how the Suns feel about RJ and how likely they believe they can keep Booker beyond 3 years. I doubt they will trade him this soon.