Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 272 of 431 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322372 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 6462
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Just for the record, I want a PG as much as anyone. I am just saying we are not in a position to be picky. A player like Deni I have rated higher than any PG not named Ball. We have so many needs we can't afford to reach.

If there is an option where we get overall more talent we need to go for it and fill the PG need later.

And I agree about Cunningham. I would easily take him over any PG this year including Ball.
    Agreed on Deni.
    I see him being the next big international player.
    He's my #2 on my personal list right after LaMelo.

Has there been anymore news about the second bubble? If there is a second bubble, will the wins and losses affect draft positions? If so, the second bubble won't be worth investing in. What incentive does the last eight have to try and win games?

Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    Has there been anymore news about the second bubble? If there is a second bubble, will the wins and losses affect draft positions? If so, the second bubble won't be worth investing in. What incentive does the last eight have to try and win games?
    The second bubble has no impact on season record. Thatís not what itís for.

Theyíre creating it because KD the concern of the long layoff especially when it comes to younger players. Youíre talking about 9-10 months off before playing competitive basketball again and thatís if a player was healthy at the beginning of March.

Itís basically set up as a long training camp with exhibition games against the others teams.

If this franchise wants CP3, I think we are in a good position to get him. It comes down to what teams need him and what teams can afford to take him on? It would be a VIBE if the Sixers got him, but OKC has no use for Horford. The worst thing that could keep us from getting CP3, is if the NBA gives every team the option of using the amnesty again. Having CP3 here to groom Frank or Dennis would be amazing and how you should groom a young pg.

If this franchise wants CP3, I think we are in a good position to get him. It comes down to what teams need him and what teams can afford to take him on? It would be a VIBE if the Sixers got him, but OKC has no use for Horford. The worst thing that could keep us from getting CP3, is if the NBA gives every team the option of using the amnesty again. Having CP3 here to groom Frank or Dennis would be amazing and how you should groom a young pg.
    He wouldnít be brought in to groom either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    He wouldnít be brought in to groom either of them.
    I mean he would be lol heíll play a lot sure but if you think he isnít going to help one of the backup Gs your crazy. I mean it will probably be (knock on wood) Lamelo
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I mean he would be lol heíll play a lot sure but if you think he isnít going to help one of the backup Gs your crazy. I mean it will probably be (knock on wood) Lamelo
    I didn't say he wouldn't help them, but what exactly is he grooming them for?

Also, a very overlooked thing is that players can be around the best players in the world, but it's not a guarantee that it'll help anything. Part of what makes great players great are natural ability and other things you just can't teach. It's why a lot of former great players end up being poor coaches.

I didn't say he wouldn't help them, but what exactly is he grooming them for?

Also, a very overlooked thing is that players can be around the best players in the world, but it's not a guarantee that it'll help anything. Part of what makes great players great are natural ability and other things you just can't teach. It's why a lot of former great players end up being poor coaches.
    And people keep saying how heís this great teammate, this great teacher. Whereís all the greatness he helped build?

Before we go patting him on the back for SGA, if you look at his splits the year before, he started playing well the last few months. The next season, he hit the ground running. And that wasnít a massive career year for Schroder either, he just shot better. Did CP3 teach him to shoot?

If our guards and other players can't learn from a future hall of famer, we got the wrong players. The young guys just watching how CP3 goes about his business, would be a form of grooming. CP3 is a winner and a cut-throat competitor, let that spread all over our youth & franchise.

If our guards and other players can't learn from a future hall of famer, we got the wrong players. The young guys just watching how CP3 goes about his business, would be a form of grooming. CP3 is a winner and a cut-throat competitor, let that spread all over our youth & franchise.
    Youíre not getting it.

They can learn as much as they want. If they donít have the ability to apply it, it doesnít matter.

Things like work ethic and overall approach can rub off on players also, but without ability you basically just have Ron Baker.

If it were that simple to develop players, donít you think every team would take that approach?
    Last edited by smood999; 07-18-2020 at 08:18 AM.

Yeah. Basically Chris Paul would be $85M substitute teacher which is the equivalent of hiring Albert Einstein to teach students to be Albert Einstein. That would never happen because genius CANNOT be replicated.

And that's why we have coaches.

I remember, Michael Jordan came out of retirement as owner/player and tried to teach young players on the Wizards. He quickly became frustrated and told Rip Hamilton that he wasn't cut out to play in the NBA. Two seasons later, Rip Hamilton is getting his Championship ring.

The great ones often do NOT make the best teachers.

Is Kevin Knox & late First round enough to move up and snatch Cole Anthony?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I like that team. Might be the first time you built a team I can get behind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well good, glad I have your approval... Means so much to me ...lol

Absolutely 👌

Anybody doesn't understand that is not worth debating with.

CP3 made Collision, Bledsoe and SGA better. Schroeder too who had arguably his best career season with CP3 this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Absolutely 👌

Anybody doesn't understand that is not worth debating with.

CP3 made Collision, Bledsoe and SGA better. Schroeder too who had arguably his best career season with CP3 this season.
    Not buying that..see my post a few up on Schroder and SGA

Collison was 100% the same player his whole career. So thatís a stretch to say Paul made him better. And Paulís tremendous teaching took Bledsoe 3 seasons of playing alongside him, to manifest into success, after he left and went to Phoenix?

In fact, heard plenty throughout the years of teammates, and opposition players not liking him

Youíre not getting it.

They can learn as much as they want. If they donít have the ability to apply it, it doesnít matter.

Things like work ethic and overall approach can rub off on players also, but without ability you basically just have Ron Baker.

If it were that simple to develop players, donít you think every team would take that approach?
    There's nothing to get. I think the guys have the ability, they just need to be developed correctly. Bringing on CP3 would be part of that development.