Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 266 of 317 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 4744
  1. #3976
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    You just explained exactly why you pass over Gallo. He's always hurt, costs 15 to 20mill, and blocks Kev in yr 3 of a big decision yr. when he'll never be here long term. Gallo would simply come to the Knicks to get HIS like all the other vets do. Haven't we seen this before? Gallo would be another example of Knick mgt. incompetence.
    Gallo isn't a "get his" type of player. he's a winning player everywhere he goes and that's no coincidence. he's one of the best stretch 4's in the game and if he wants to come you don't let Knox stop you from getting that kind of guy.

  2. #3977
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    ROLL TIDE, Alabama
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    he's never even played a single playoff game, what role did he have with a better cast? if it were up to Rose he'd be on his 4th team in 4 years next season, unfortunately no one is taking that contract.
    Did I say he did? It takes a team to go the playoffs, doesn't mean an individual is not performing. There's been ton of talented players who have missed the playoffs, what are you saying?

  3. #3978
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,947
    Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    Did I say he did? It takes a team to go the playoffs, doesn't mean an individual is not performing. There's been ton of talented players who have missed the playoffs, what are you saying?
    I'm saying he's been a perennial loser everywhere he's been.

  4. #3979
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    ROLL TIDE, Alabama
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Everyone says we need spacing for Mitch. I have no idea why,... so he can catch a lob??? He has no inside game whatsoever. It's either a lob or a put back. He's not posting up. Yes, RJ needs space because he can't shoot but Mitch won't even TAKE a shot out of the lane. Mitch is a glorified roll player right now and building around him at this point is a flawed strategy imo. WE NEED DOGS....
    I'm witcha when you right.

  5. #3980
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10,619
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Gallo isn't a "get his" type of player. he's a winning player everywhere he goes and that's no coincidence. he's one of the best stretch 4's in the game and if he wants to come you don't let Knox stop you from getting that kind of guy.
    The kind of guy who misses a 3rd of the games and has only played in over 60 games (4) times in 11 yrs???. A guy who's only played in the playoffs once in over a decade?? Come on. Lets stop selling this theme that he's a winner.

  6. #3981
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,947
    much harder to penetrate when the lane is clogged, much harder to throw a lob down when there are bodies in the lane.

    Modern teams run the P&R with shooters and a big rolling b/c that's an efficient play. has nothing to do with posting up.

  7. #3982
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    The kind of guy who misses a 3rd of the games and has only played in over 60 games (4) times in 11 yrs???. A guy who's only played in the playoffs once in over a decade?? Come on. Lets stop selling this theme that he's a winner.
    he's missed a grand total of 26 combined games the past 2 years. I'll take 60-65 games of Gallo over anyone else out there.

    and if he misses 20-25 games, then that's even more opportunity for Knox right?

  8. #3983
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    12,282
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Exactly. I donít understand this. What does 32 year old Gallo do for this team long term? Absolutely nothing.
    Gallo doesn't make sense for us.

  9. #3984
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10,619
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    he's missed a grand total of 26 combined games the past 2 years. I'll take 60-65 games of Gallo over anyone else out there.

    and if he misses 20-25 games, then that's even more opportunity for Knox right?
    And what happens when we need that 15 to 20 mil for a player who'll actually be around in the future or a player who might make it though the season tot he playoffs? Gallo aint the one unless he's dirt cheap and becasue thisis the last big check he'll get, i doubt he's looking to give the Knicks a discount.

    This isn't about Knox being the answer. It's about giving him the opportunity to prove it or not all while keeping financial flexibility instead of investing in a guy who's on his way to retirement and is looking for one last check before he sits out another season with an injury.
    Last edited by Bivory; 07-13-2020 at 03:39 PM.

  10. #3985
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    And what happens when we need that 15 to 20 mil for a player who'll actually be around in the future or a player who might make it though the season tot he playoffs? Gallo aint the one unless he's dirt cheap and becasue thisis the last big check he'll get, i doubt he's looking to give the Knicks a discount.

    This isn't about Knox being the answer. It's about giving him the opportunity to prove it or not all while keeping financial flexibility instead of investing in a guy who's on his way to retirement and is looking for one last check before he sits out another season with an injury.
    we don't exactly have the issue of not having money for guys that want to come here... listen Gallo isnt my first choice, but we'd be lucky for him to want to come here, and you dont pass b/c of Knox is all i'm saying.

  11. #3986
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Gallo doesn't make sense for us.
    I think itís Knicks fan nostalgia more than anything else. If Gallo was entering his age 28-29 seasons, Iíd be down for signing him.

  12. #3987
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,947
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I think itís Knicks fan nostalgia more than anything else. If Gallo was entering his age 28-29 seasons, Iíd be down for signing him.
    or a glaring need for a stretch 4 and Gallo being the best one on the market and just overall a tough, winning player?

    but yea it doesn't hurt that he was "our" guy for a few years. Outside of KP, Gallo is the best player we've drafted in my lifetime.

  13. #3988
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,761

    New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    or a glaring need for a stretch 4 and Gallo being the best one on the market and just overall a tough, winning player?

    but yea it doesn't hurt that he was "our" guy for a few years. Outside of KP, Gallo is the best player we've drafted in my lifetime.
    Iíd rather look for a long term core piece than a stop-gap. Even if youíre not a fan of Wood, he makes infinitely more sense than Gallo due to age and upside. If it doesnít work out, we get higher picks.

    Simply canít discount the 7 year age difference. Wood can play stretch 5 while Randle is still on the roster while Mitch stays in his role for one more season (or 1/2 if Randle gets traded).

  14. #3989
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10,619
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    we don't exactly have the issue of not having money for guys that want to come here... listen Gallo isnt my first choice, but we'd be lucky for him to want to come here, and you dont pass b/c of Knox is all i'm saying.
    So it was dumb to get a 25 yr old Payton to play in front of Frank but it's smart to get a 32 yr old player with no future here to play in front of Knox?? HHmm, sounds fishy to me.

  15. #3990
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    So it was dumb to get a 25 yr old Payton to play in front of Frank but it's smart to get a 32 yr old player with no future here to play in front of Knox?? HHmm, sounds fishy to me.
    I mean Gallo is light years better than Payton, thereís no comparison.

    Itís close to getting the current version of CP3 instead of Payton, obviously even a 36 year old CP3 starts over Frank. Payton is just not very good and plays losing b-ball as numbers bear out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •