Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 265 of 316 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 4729
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Kevin Knox...
    Knox hasnt shown he's a rotation player yet let alone a starting PF. I still have some hope for him but you don't pass up on Gallo on a 2-3 year deal b/c of Knox. There are still plenty of minutes at backup PF and SF for knox if he earns them.

Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    Randle is a lot better than this forum gives him credit for. He was put in a bad situation. He actually needs a good pg & shooters around him as well. I don't know many superstars who could have carried this roster last year, so hoping Randle was going to do it was a blunder by the FO. Randle has actually shown he can play better when surrounded by a better cast, most of our roster still has to prove that.
    he's never even played a single playoff game, what role did he have with a better cast? if it were up to Rose he'd be on his 4th team in 4 years next season, unfortunately no one is taking that contract.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Poku would fit pretty nice next to Mitch...
    agreed, but even he wouldn't stop me from signing Gallo, Poku is 18. Gallo on a 2-3 year deal would be a great mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Knox hasnt shown he's a rotation player yet let alone a starting PF. I still have some hope for him but you don't pass up on Gallo on a 2-3 year deal b/c of Knox. There are still plenty of minutes at backup PF and SF for knox if he earns them.
    You just explained exactly why you pass over Gallo. He's always hurt, costs 15 to 20mill, and blocks Kev in yr 3 of a big decision yr. when he'll never be here long term. Gallo would simply come to the Knicks to get HIS like all the other vets do. Haven't we seen this before? Gallo would be another example of Knick mgt. incompetence.

agreed, but even he wouldn't stop me from signing Gallo, Poku is 18. Gallo on a 2-3 year deal would be a great mentor.
    Oh yeah Iím all for Gallo. Plus at his age/injury history playing him like 28 minutes a night is fine, which still leaves PT for Knox etc.

I think you want some vets, just about getting the right ones who bring fire and leadership and can legit spread the floor since thatís an area we typically stink at.

You just explained exactly why you pass over Gallo. He's always hurt, costs 15 to 20mill, and blocks Kev in yr 3 of a big decision yr. when he'll never be here long term. Gallo would simply come to the Knicks to get HIS like all the other vets do. Haven't we seen this before? Gallo would be another example of Knick mgt. incompetence.
    Does Knox really need much more than 20 minutes a night this season? He stunk last year - give him a bench role with consistent but limited minutes to see what he can do with that before just handing him starters minutes. Make him earn it, hopefully he does.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Does Knox really need much more than 20 minutes a night this season? He stunk last year - give him a bench role with consistent but limited minutes to see what he can do with that before just handing him starters minutes. Make him earn it, hopefully he does.
    You guys sound silly saying "why did we sign vets that will never be here long term and block youngsters from developing" and then say "we should get Gallo". Uhhh helllooo

hhmm, didn't you say that last yr. Gallo does nothing but slow Kev down even more. Not a smart way to dev talent especially when you're pushing RJ out of the 2 cause he cant shoot or chase guys around screens.
    I was admittedly optimistic on him. DSJ as well..

Obviously, neither did anything but prove me wrong. I donít like the total regression in Knox game. I also donít like the lack of fire/confidence. Iím not saying heís definitely a bum. But I wouldnít hesitate to start coming up with other plans

and Iíve said all along I donít want RJ at 2. I want a good shooting backcourt, and RJ at the 3

And when I say young talent, I mean guys I see being good, and being here a while. Right now, thatís RJ and Mitch. Thatís it.

That goes for Gallo as well.
    Exactly. I donít understand this. What does 32 year old Gallo do for this team long term? Absolutely nothing.

New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    All depends on price. Again, if itís reasonable money, Toronto happily keeps him, and he happily stays. Will take a massive overpay. Heís not worth that
    Because of covid, we might be able to get him for less. Heís definitely worth $20M.

You guys sound silly saying "why did we sign vets that will never be here long term and block youngsters from developing" and then say "we should get Gallo". Uhhh helllooo
    Gallo shoots over 40% from three on 8 attempts a game and wins everywhere he goes. On a short deal I donít see how heís blocking anyone. Make Knox outperform him over the next two seasons and earn his spot.

There are things I like about Knox but he has a very long way to go before heís a winning player.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Because of covid, we might be able to get him for less. Heís definitely worth $20M.
    Then so can Toronto. Heís loved there

Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    Randle is a lot better than this forum gives him credit for. He was put in a bad situation. He actually needs a good pg & shooters around him as well. I don't know many superstars who could have carried this roster last year, so hoping Randle was going to do it was a blunder by the FO. Randle has actually shown he can play better when surrounded by a better cast, most of our roster still has to prove that.
    I still have him in my starting lineup until we inevitably trade him. Wood at the 5 and Randle at the 4 while Mitch plays the 1st half in his accustomed backup C role playing 25-30 mins a game.

Everyone says we need spacing for Mitch. I have no idea why,... so he can catch a lob??? He has no inside game whatsoever. It's either a lob or a put back. He's not posting up. Yes, RJ needs space because he can't shoot but Mitch won't even TAKE a shot out of the lane. Mitch is a glorified roll player right now and building around him at this point is a flawed strategy imo. WE NEED DOGS....

it does, but we need a stretch 4 badly to make the game easier for Mitch & RJ. They need spacing. and we are unlikely to draft a stretch 4.

but at PG there are 5-6 guys that we can draft and groom, wouldn't make sense to draft someone like Cole and then 7 days later sign FVV to a megadeal. Gallo wouldn't be taking minutes from someone we just drafted.
    Cole and FVV could play together in some lineups.

Cole would be an ideal 6th man early on in his career.