Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 264 of 327 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 4899
  1. #3946
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,437
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Nabbing Lewis and Nesmith would solve virtually all of our problems.

    Lewis is lightning quick and great at penetrating/kicking out to open shooters on live-action passes with either hand.

    Nesmith would be our versatile sharpshooter who can find open spots on the perimeter.

    Grab FVV and Wood and thatís a dangerous team IMO. Lewis would get plenty of minutes at back-up PG while Frank can play off-guard/secondary playmaker and defensive stopper.
    I wouldnít even bother with FVV. Just let the kids play. See what we have, get another good draft pick. Especially not at over 20M per.

  2. #3947
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,953
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I wouldnít even bother with FVV. Just let the kids play. See what we have, get another good draft pick. Especially not at over 20M per.
    agreed, he's not young enough or good enough to be a key long term piece, but he's just good enough to hurt our draft pick next year and take playing time from whatever PG we draft.

  3. #3948
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,800

    New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I wouldnít even bother with FVV. Just let the kids play. See what we have, get another good draft pick. Especially not at over 20M per.
    Heís young enough to be a solution at PG for 3-4 years at least. By then, Lewis will be entering his prime as a 22 year old.

    Iím not in favor of just handing minutes to young players. Healthy competition is a good thing, and having better players on the roster will push the younger players to be better in practice.

    You can develop plenty by playing 20-25 mins a game. Itíd be a different story if we were playing 30+ years old over these guys.

  4. #3949
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10,620
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    agreed, he's not young enough or good enough to be a key long term piece, but he's just good enough to hurt our draft pick next year and take playing time from whatever PG we draft.
    That goes for Gallo as well.

  5. #3950
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    That goes for Gallo as well.
    it does, but we need a stretch 4 badly to make the game easier for Mitch & RJ. They need spacing. and we are unlikely to draft a stretch 4.

    but at PG there are 5-6 guys that we can draft and groom, wouldn't make sense to draft someone like Cole and then 7 days later sign FVV to a megadeal. Gallo wouldn't be taking minutes from someone we just drafted.

  6. #3951
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    That goes for Gallo as well.
    I donít know if I agree. Plus itís likely less dollars/years. Also, heís not getting in the way of our developing youth (assuming we arenít drafting a 4, and arenít signing Wood. If so, disregard this)

  7. #3952
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10,620
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I donít know if I agree. Plus itís likely less dollars/years. Also, heís not getting in the way of our developing youth (assuming we arenít drafting a 4, and arenít signing Wood. If so, disregard this)
    Kevin Knox...

  8. #3953
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,437
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Heís young enough to be a solution at PG for 3-4 years at least. By then, Lewis will be entering his prime as a 22 year old.

    Iím not in favor of just handing minutes to young players. Healthy competition is a good thing, and having better players on the roster will push the younger players to be better in practice.

    You can develop plenty by playing 20-25 mins a game. Itíd be a different story if we were playing 30+ years old over these guys.
    All depends on price. Again, if itís reasonable money, Toronto happily keeps him, and he happily stays. Will take a massive overpay. Heís not worth that

  9. #3954
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    ROLL TIDE, Alabama
    Posts
    903
    Randle is a lot better than this forum gives him credit for. He was put in a bad situation. He actually needs a good pg & shooters around him as well. I don't know many superstars who could have carried this roster last year, so hoping Randle was going to do it was a blunder by the FO. Randle has actually shown he can play better when surrounded by a better cast, most of our roster still has to prove that.

  10. #3955
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Kevin Knox...
    Iím not allowing Knox to stop us from doing anything. He hasnít given a lot of signs heís an answer. I know we disagree there, but heís not a consideration. He can continue to try and earn bench rotation minutes. If heís good, heíll still find places to play

    Iím letting Mitch get every opportunity to step up his role. And RJ deserves no one in his way, to show what heís got

    Everyone else has to fight to earn what they get IMO

  11. #3956
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10,620
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    it does, but we need a stretch 4 badly to make the game easier for Mitch & RJ. They need spacing. and we are unlikely to draft a stretch 4.

    but at PG there are 5-6 guys that we can draft and groom, wouldn't make sense to draft someone like Cole and then 7 days later sign FVV to a megadeal. Gallo wouldn't be taking minutes from someone we just drafted.
    I want nothing to do with FVV. Knicks shouldn't pay ANYONE 20mill until we have a number 1 or 2 option.

  12. #3957
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10,620
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Iím not allowing Knox to stop us from doing anything. He hasnít given a lot of signs heís an answer. I know we disagree there, but heís not a consideration. He can continue to try and earn bench rotation minutes. If heís good, heíll still find places to play
    And he never will show you anything if you keep putting wounded vets in front of him that provide no growth for anyone. How in the world would signing Gallo make sense...It just doesn't

  13. #3958
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5,794
    Poku would fit pretty nice next to Mitch...

  14. #3959
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    And he never will show you anything if you keep putting wounded vets in front of him that provide no growth for anyone. How in the world would signing Gallo make sense...It just doesn't
    Need talent upgrade. Check

    Need shooting/spacing. Check

    Need a responsible defender. Check

    Need to put a legit roster out there to see if any of these guys are any good, and stop playing the ďwhat ifĒ game. Heís not my #1 choice, but itís something worth checking into

  15. #3960
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10,620
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Need talent upgrade. Check

    Need shooting/spacing. Check

    Need a responsible defender. Check

    Need to put a legit roster out there to see if any of these guys are any good, and stop playing the ďwhat ifĒ game. Heís not my #1 choice, but itís something worth checking into

    hhmm, didn't you say that last yr. Gallo does nothing but slow Kev down even more. Not a smart way to dev talent especially when you're pushing RJ out of the 2 cause he cant shoot or chase guys around screens.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •