Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 263 of 327 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 4899
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    CP3 and Mitch are the only legit starters on that team. I don’t think that’s is a playoff team or close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We can just agree to disagree. RJ is absolutely a legit starter. If Tyler Herro and Duncan Robinson are legit starters, then so is Aaron Nesmith. And Melo is starting for a Portland team that is contending for a playoff spot in the West.

Off topic but do any of you guys collect nba cards ? Any of you guys getting in on the card game as it rises ?
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I'm not a fan of this veteran roster. It reminds me a lot of the short spurt with Melo where the Knicks were easily knocked out of the playoffs in the First Round, once in the second round after Pacers took a commanding 3-1 lead.

Heed the WARNING of Clyde Frazier: Seems like every 2 years, we tear up the foundation of the team for a quick fix. As a consequence, we're constantly rebuilding.

The Blazers finished a commanding 53-26 record in 2018-19 season because they had a THREE guard set. Added Enes Kanter who knows how to pass. While they didn't make it to the NBA Finals, they were plenty exciting to watch.

During 2019-20 season the Blazers lost Kanter to Boston. Added some iso guys and Melo. They are 29-37, basically 8 games under .500. Iso doesn't work. The team always beats the individual.

The Knicks NEED to suck for 2 more seasons because they STILL don't know who is the fondation. Is it RJ? Maybe. Is it who the Knicks draft in 2020? Maybe. Is it Mitchell Robinson? Maybe.

And that's why Mills AND Perry's plan to jettison KP, salary baggage in hopes of luring Durant and Irving was SO STUPID. They shaped that roster for those two superstars and got stiffed.

Here’s an alt plan that some may like better...

If we fall to 7-10 in this draft, and “reach” for Nesmith there, then trade 27, 38 & DSJ to move up to around 18 or so, nab Poku...

Sign FVV, Gallo...

FVV-RJ-Nesmith-Gallo-Mitch
    Frank-Dot-Knox-Randle-Poku
    Harper-Sanon-Iggy-Wooten-Taj

Issue is can we lure FVV and Gallo... if we could I actually like this team a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post

If we fall to 7-10 in this draft, and “reach” for Nesmith there, then trade 27, 38 & DSJ to move up to around 18 or so, nab Poku...

Sign FVV, Gallo...

Issue is can we lure FVV and Gallo... if we could I actually like this team a lot.
    If this team could stay healthy I think they could win some games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Sign FVV, Gallo...

I think if we “reach” for someone, it’s going to be Lewis.

I also don’t see the FO benching Randle and putting in a rookie, regardless of Rose having nothing to do with signing him

And FVV is not coming here without a ridiculous contract

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    We can just agree to disagree. RJ is absolutely a legit starter. If Tyler Herro and Duncan Robinson are legit starters, then so is Aaron Nesmith. And Melo is starting for a Portland team that is contending for a playoff spot in the West.
    Tyler Herro wasn’t a starter much. Duncan Robinson started as a floor spacer. Both had seasons comparable to RJ despite shooting less. Both are excellent from 3.

Melo is not a starter. And I don’t think them contending for a playoff spot is anything you should use to prove a point, considering they were a huge dissapointment

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I think if we “reach” for someone, it’s going to be Lewis.

I also don’t see the FO benching Randle and putting in a rookie, regardless of Rose having nothing to do with signing him

And FVV is not coming here without a ridiculous contract
    And I don't see the Knicks not coming out of this draft with a PG. Can't count on FVV signing here.

I think there is no way the Knicks go into next year with just the PGs on their roster now. They need to take a leap at that position.

New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

Sign FVV, Gallo...

I wouldn’t mind “reaching” for Nesmith at all.

We need 3PT shooting more than a PG IMO. Nesmith is so dangerous coming off screens that he will open up the court for others.

I’d rather trade up for a PG than Poku, but I don’t hate it. Not sure that package gets it done though.

FVV-RJ-Nesmith-Randle-Wood
    Frank-Dot-Bullock-Knox-Mitch

When Randle gets traded, put Mitch at the 5 and Wood at the 4.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I wouldn’t mind “reaching” for Nesmith at all.

We need 3PT shooting more than a PG IMO.
    Nesmith is so dangerous coming off screens that he will open up the court for others.

I’d rather trade up for a PG than Poku, but I don’t hate it. Not sure that package gets it done though.

FVV-RJ-Nesmith-Randle-Wood
    Frank-Dot-Bullock-Knox-Mitch

When Randle gets traded, put Mitch at the 5 and Wood at the 4.
    no way, every 3pt shooter that comes here shoots a career low, because we have little playmaking or penetration.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Tyler Herro wasn’t a starter much. Duncan Robinson started as a floor spacer. Both had seasons comparable to RJ despite shooting less. Both are excellent from 3.

Melo is not a starter. And I don’t think them contending for a playoff spot is anything you should use to prove a point, considering they were a huge dissapointment
    My point was all of Duncan Robinson, Tyler Herro, and Aaron Nesmith achieve the same thing. High level 3 point shooting and not much else.

Portland’s had some injuries. And they are also playing in the West - they would easily make the playoffs in the East. The stats also backup that Portland has been better with Melo on the floor. Not my favorite route but it’s not as bad as some suggest.

New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    no way, every 3pt shooter that comes here shoots a career low, because we have little playmaking or penetration.
    Hence why we’d get FVV.

And that’s not true, what about Morris?

Was that true before this season? I’m not sure. Bullock came off a major back injury, who else really underperformed? Randle was never a good 3PT shooter, he just had a decent stretch last season.

Nabbing Lewis and Nesmith would solve virtually all of our problems.

Lewis is lightning quick and great at penetrating/kicking out to open shooters on live-action passes with either hand.

Nesmith would be our versatile sharpshooter who can find open spots on the perimeter.

Grab FVV and Wood and that’s a dangerous team IMO. Lewis would get plenty of minutes at back-up PG while Frank can play off-guard/secondary playmaker and defensive stopper.

Lewis is lightning quick and great at penetrating/kicking out to open shooters on live-action passes with either hand.

Nesmith would be our versatile sharpshooter who can find open spots on the perimeter.

Grab FVV and Wood and that’s a dangerous team IMO. Lewis would get plenty of minutes at back-up PG while Frank can play off-guard/secondary playmaker and defensive stopper.
    By dangerous team I assume you mean dangerous for the team at the 8 seed
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I would sign for Lewis and Nesmith in a heartbeat. Two lethal shooters.