Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 444 of 483 FirstFirst ... 344394434442443444445446454 ... LastLast
Results 6,646 to 6,660 of 7244
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    My problem with the pursuit of Chris Paul:

1. It's been done before. The Knicks Melo trade included Chauncey Billups. It worked except Billups' hamstring gave out and was never the same again. The Knicks amnestied him so they could sign Tyson Chandler. It was good for one playoff appearance.

2. Chris Paul's hamstring is a ticking time bomb, which is why Houston was willing to trade a boatload of First Rounders plus Paul for Russell Westbrook.

3. OKC Thunder are sharks. They are NOT giving up any First round picks to move Paul. If anything the Thunder WILL demand extra picks AND talent from the Knicks.

I said it before, I'll say it again...if the Knicks take any payroll, they should do it to get extra first rounders. They're nuts if they do anything less.
    Chris Paul’s hamstring is fine unless your trying to run a D’Antoni type system

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    I'm in with Lavine as well.

Randle
    Payton
    27th
    And if they get pushy Dallas 2021 pick
    For
    Lavine

Sounds good to me.
    Then tackle the PF spot in free agency one of Wood/Gallo/Grant/Bertans would be great. I would go after them in this order

1. Grant
    2. Gallo
    3. Woods
    4. Bertans

I know we still need a PG and either Hali or Cole I'll be ok with but call me crazy I think this is the year that Frank gets all the tools together. I mean it just makes sense having a coach that preaches defense behind you.

Frank
    Zach
    Rj
    Grant
    Mitch

Scary defensively
    Looks good to me. Also with Lavine & RJ they’re sort of going to be playing some “point” anyway, and Lavine’s biggest weakness is he’s a sieve on d, you really do need to mask him on that end.

Anyway I’m down with this. Basically have Lavine as first option, RJ second, think under Thibs it could work.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Looks good to me. Also with Lavine & RJ they’re sort of going to be playing some “point” anyway, and Lavine’s biggest weakness is he’s a sieve on d, you really do need to mask him on that end.

Anyway I’m down with this. Basically have Lavine as first option, RJ second, think under Thibs it could work.
    I think everyone is down with Lavine

The issue, there’s no way we are getting him for crap, and a late first, or 2 late firsts

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post

The issue, there’s no way we are getting him for crap, and a late first, or 2 late firsts
    Ha yes I 100% agree, it’ll probably be something more like Randle/DSJ plus 8th pick, which honestly I’d be very tempted to do personally. He’s a big time scorer and his three ball has become pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Ha yes I 100% agree, it’ll probably be something more like Randle/DSJ plus 8th pick, which honestly I’d be very tempted to do personally. He’s a big time scorer and his three ball has become pretty nice.
    If this years 8 would get it done, I’d do that in a second. Don’t think that would even be enough

Would you take that deal for a 25 year old deadly scorer?

If this years 8 would get it done, I’d do that in a second. Don’t think that would even be enough

Would you take that deal for a 25 year old deadly scorer?
    Personally no but it depends on how disgruntled he truly is and how much he can force their hand in terms of where he goes.

I’d do 8 2021 mavs pick Randle dsj in a second for Lavine
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I know Randle didnt work for us but I do think he holds some value. Specially to a team that will give him a defined role. We didnt have shooters this past year and the team was poorly constructed and developed. It didnt just affect Rj it also affected Randle. Not defending Randle but him as a 6th man or a team with shooters around him would let him operate well. Like with us if we keep him he would have to be a 6th man. Chicago idk how Donovan would like to use him.

If Julius Randle held any value, GM Scott Perry would have moved him already for assets.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Chris Paul’s hamstring is fine unless your trying to run a D’Antoni type system
    If Chris Paul was 28 I might believe that sentiment but he's going to be 36 next season. Legs are tread on a tire. Eventually they break down, Magic Mike system or not.

If Chris Paul was 28 I might believe that sentiment but he's going to be 36 next season. Legs are tread on a tire. Eventually they break down, Magic Mike system or not.
    Yoo prime Cp3 would have been nasty under Dantoni system. Sorry lol just a random thought.

I think he could last two years for what we need him to do. If he came I do not believe he alone would make us competitive in the sense of a playoff birth but to help Thibs get these guys playing hard, smart and with an edge. He would be an extension of Thibs but on the court. His game was never predicated on speed or athleticism so I would not be too worried his game is predicated on skills and IQ. It does not matter anyway as he would not want to come here under that role anyway as he is super competitive and he wants to win period.

By the way we can definitely use some skills and IQ on this team
    Last edited by cssdmark; 09-24-2020 at 07:45 PM.

Knicks should just trade the #8 pick for all of Boston’s picks, we need bodies they don’t.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Knicks should just trade the #8 pick for all of Boston’s picks, we need bodies they don’t.
    Do we need bodies or good players.?

I wonder if Boston might be down on Hayward and be willing to give up #14 if we take Haywards 34mill next yr.
    Last edited by Bivory; 09-24-2020 at 08:44 PM.