Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 443 of 495 FirstFirst ... 343393433441442443444445453493 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,645 of 7419
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    The reason I tend to belief there is real smoke to these rumors is that the rumor of zack wanting put of chicago has been going on since july.

When you see those rumors persist, usually there is truth to it, just like we saw with KP.

Zack is signed with bill Duffy who is a top tier nba player agent, and was Rose's competition for a lot of years.

If prying zack from chi to go to NY was bill and leon's goal, this is exactly how it would look.

But that doesnt mean any of it is true either. If the rumors start to really kick up, and you start hearing about zack not reporting to the team or talking to coaches, than you'll know its true.
    There maybe smoke where he wants to leave but rumors are Brooklynn and Golden State are interested also. I am sure both can beat that package the NYK are offering.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    There maybe smoke where he wants to leave but rumors are Brooklynn and Golden State are interested also. I am sure both can beat that package the NYK are offering.
    Depends. If Chicago is dealing Lavine, they are going into re-rebuild. In which case itís young, cheap talent and/or picks they want. We have more picks, none have much young cheap, good talent. Thereís also salary concerns, are Brooklyn or GS going to want a guy like that, that needs to be extended soon, with so much salary on the books already?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Depends. If Chicago is dealing Lavine, they are going into re-rebuild. In which case itís young, cheap talent and/or picks they want. We have more picks, none have much young cheap, good talent. Thereís also salary concerns, are Brooklyn or GS going to want a guy like that, that needs to be extended soon, with so much salary on the books already?
    Okay but what makes things any different from any other regime? Remember the Knicks free agency failure...but with Leon Rose if he can make things happen where Lavine is concerned, then maybe just maybe the Knicks might have some glimmer of hope

Similar to the Knicks not dismantling their young squad (yet) due to hiring a new coach., the Chicago Bulls just hired Billy Donovan.

Zach Lavine voiced his excitement. I don't see anyone on the Bulls moving quite yet.

The Knicks have a ways to go before thinking about trades. Traditionally the Knicks have overpaid for aging stars who have given them some excitement but nothing substantial.

I'm of the opinion, cap space is highly valuable. Maybe even more valuable than tradable assets. Teams always overpay for players and that sets their franchise back 4 yrs. The Knicks can always have the upper hand on trades so long as they have cap space.

I still think, the Knicks should never trade unless they get future first rounders.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Okay but what makes things any different from any other regime? Remember the Knicks free agency failure...but with Leon Rose if he can make things happen where Lavine is concerned, then maybe just maybe the Knicks might have some glimmer of hope
    That has what exactly to do with what I said?

Was just a speculation on our trade position, VS the teams mentioned in the other post. Right now, no one knows how this FO is looking yet. Time will tell. Iíll take us not getting raped in a trade by the time the offseason ends as a positive

Agreed but the package people are suggesting will not get it done. Golden State can use the numbe 2 pick in a deal and we want to give a 2nd

the home of Heavy D, Ben Gordon, Diddy, Denzel washington and me
    My stupid thoughts...
    The last thing we need is CP3

If we want to right the ship, itís not with CP3.
    Thatís short sighted. All indicators point to the 21 draft class as the next LeBron/wade class.

I think if we are to swing a trade, let it be for Lavine. Knox (weakest link), Randle, DSj and a pick for Lavine.

We need to draft a PG in this class.
    But it starts with trying to build a winning culture (doesnít mean winning) and not players on 1 yr deals.
    If we show faith In our young guys and we still end up in the lottery next year then we are on our way

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Agreed but the package people are suggesting will not get it done. Golden State can use the numbe 2 pick in a deal and we want to give a 2nd
    Itís been speculated the only reason they would be looking to trade the pick, are salary concerns. Thatís why I mentioned the money part

Quote Originally Posted by LeTsGoNyKnIcKs View Post
    My stupid thoughts...
    The last thing we need is CP3

If we want to right the ship, itís not with CP3.
    Thatís short sighted. All indicators point to the 21 draft class as the next LeBron/wade class.

I think if we are to swing a trade, let it be for Lavine. Knox (weakest link), Randle, DSj and a pick for Lavine.

We need to draft a PG in this class.
    But it starts with trying to build a winning culture (doesnít mean winning) and not players on 1 yr deals.
    If we show faith In our young guys and we still end up in the lottery next year then we are on our way
    Plus you build with a young core...you develop more of an identity going forward

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Plus you build with a young core...you develop more of an identity going forward
    Big Facts

My problem with the pursuit of Chris Paul:

1. It's been done before. The Knicks Melo trade included Chauncey Billups. It worked except Billups' hamstring gave out and was never the same again. The Knicks amnestied him so they could sign Tyson Chandler. It was good for one playoff appearance.

2. Chris Paul's hamstring is a ticking time bomb, which is why Houston was willing to trade a boatload of First Rounders plus Paul for Russell Westbrook.

3. OKC Thunder are sharks. They are NOT giving up any First round picks to move Paul. If anything the Thunder WILL demand extra picks AND talent from the Knicks.

I said it before, I'll say it again...if the Knicks take any payroll, they should do it to get extra first rounders. They're nuts if they do anything less.

Then try to package to get Zack Lavine out of Chicago and to New York

Iím all for Levine.
    I just want us to focus more so on the draft coming, next DRAFT, and next offseason.

I donít want us to be soo short sighted (a la CP3) on this off-season when it maybe a shortened 30-40 game season.

We should play with the mindset of running with our young guys...: we loose out during the short season then soo be it. We will have a top ten pick (hopefully top 3)
    Last edited by LeTsGoNyKnIcKs; 09-24-2020 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Typo

I'm in with Lavine as well.

Randle
    Payton
    27th
    And if they get pushy Dallas 2021 pick
    For
    Lavine

Sounds good to me.
    Then tackle the PF spot in free agency one of Wood/Gallo/Grant/Bertans would be great. I would go after them in this order

1. Grant
    2. Gallo
    3. Woods
    4. Bertans

I know we still need a PG and either Hali or Cole I'll be ok with but call me crazy I think this is the year that Frank gets all the tools together. I mean it just makes sense having a coach that preaches defense behind you.

Frank
    Zach
    Rj
    Grant
    Mitch

Scary defensively

Itís been speculated the only reason they would be looking to trade the pick, are salary concerns. Thatís why I mentioned the money part
    I think neither Brooklynn or Golden State have an issue with extending him and would take that chance. Both teams are win now teams. Golden State is not concerned with money and if Durant and Kyrie want him in Brooklynn money will not be the issue. Also Chicago has just as much young players as the Knicks. I am not sure they are trying to add more unless the player has superstar potential and the Knicks do not have that to offer and the 2nd pick opposed to 8, 27 or 38 has more potential for that. I am curios if Golden State can absorb him into their 17 mill trade exception somehow. I am not sure how that works.